“Good one day and bad the next!”

China Town Restaurant
Ranked #229 of 1,567 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 21 June 2014

A friend and I were visiting someone in the local hospital and decided to try here for lunch. We both ordered typica..l Chinese food and thought the food and service was really very good.The food was tasty hot delicious!

The very next day we stopped in there again for lunch we were seated behind a partition kind of off by ourselves. The service was slow and it was like we were being ignored. I said to my friend "We did leave a tip yesterday didn't we?". He laughed and said "Yea, 20%"

Anyway, the food this second day was mediocre at best sand the service was extremely poor...just the opposite of the day before!

We haven't been back but you may want to give it a try. Who knows, maybe the cook quit and they had to do without that second day. You just never know.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I echo the others praise of the service...lovely people.....food is very good....ask for the special shrimp in butter dish that is NOT on the menu....mmmmm

Pan fried noodles are excellent...curry chicken...yummmmmmm....and some really fantastic won ton soup..

Not saying this is anywhere near Flushing, Queens.....San Francisco....or Chicago Chinatown-level.....we never expected that....but it's definitely the best we have had so far in the Springs....and LOVE the retro decor....and Tiki drinks!....Classic old school Chinese-American food.....and that is not a bad thing!

2  Thank Ydap123
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I went here for lunch and had the sesame chicken. It was as most buffets would have as it was obviously pre-ordered, frozen, thawed and fried. The egg roll was the same way. Ordered from a food service company, frozen, and then fried. Absolutely awful that a chinese restaurant can't make their own egg rolls. It's not that difficult. The staff are polite and the restaurant is clean.

1  Thank savvytravelers40
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I have had the best and worst Chinese food all over the country. This is definitely in the top 3. Definitely the best in Colorado. Great prices for what you get. Clean and great service. Only downside is not the best of neighborhoods but definitely not a deterrent.

2  Thank AngEL0802
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The wife and I ate there last week based on the reviews. She loved her chicken dish. My orange beef was alright nothing special. The decor is nice, the establishment was clean the service was very good the staff friendly. Loved the fact they brought warm moist hand towels to wash your hands with. I would consider going back and getting something else besides the orange beef.

2  Thank Oregon-HawgPI