“Always great.”

Peppertree Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Peppertree Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 1,448 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 8th Street
“Always great.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

One of our favorite places. Elegant and nice, a special occasion place to be sure. But not at all stuffy. Food is excellent, service is excellent, a hidden gem.

g

• Visited April 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Local Disappointment - BUT - very good service”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We live in Colorado Springs and have gone to the Peppertree not only to celebrate special occasions, have a very nice dinner or to bring out of town guests. We went this past Friday evening and were disappointed in the pepper steaks, which the owner very smugly pointed out "why would anyone come there and order anything else". Both my husband and I were somewhat taken back by his demeanor that evening. Especially when all our steaks weren't what we had come to expect and enjoy from the Peppertree. My husband ordered a filet and my brother, his wife and I all ordered the pepper steak. All of us left portions of our steak - very unusual to say the least. The meat wasn't cooked to order and the flavor was lacking - even the Indian mango chutney, cracked pepper and flamed brandy couldn't cover the lackluster meat in their signature steak. Your choice of potato, pasta or rice is also disappointing as the potato choice consists only of baked with butter, sour cream and chives. My husband's steak was also very bland tasting and not cooked to his request. We had very good service, enjoyed two bottles of wine during dinner and my brother and his wife shared a large slice of chocolate cake which they seemed to really enjoy. The total bill, including a tip, was $500 which unfortunately was not worth the price of the steaks. I really felt bad that this was a belated birthday dinner for my brother who really likes a good steak. My husband and I decided this would most likely be our last dinner at the Peppertree. There are other restaurants in Colorado Springs that offer excellent food, great service and the owner isn't obnoxious to begin with.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank bjorndki50
“Best of the Springs!”
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

We went here looking for a fine dining experience in the Springs and were not disappointed. The service is impeccable. Many of the dishes are made table side. And the amazing views of the sunset over the city are top notch. Highly recommend this restaurant for romantic evenings and special occasions.

Visited July 2013
“For Special Occasions”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Peppertree was our restaurant of choice for special occasions. Highly recommend the Pepper Steak or Steak Diane. They will also cook it tableside as long as you stick with the 2 smaller sizes. The smaller sizes are good as they leave room for stunning desserts like cherries jubilee or bananas foster, also made table-side. We haven;t gone in a while as several of my family have turned vegetarian (horrors!)

“Lots of good things...”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My wife and I chose the Peppertree for our anniversary dinner. I called ahead and asked for a window table and they accommodated us where many restaurants might only say, "we'll try". I love wine so I had thoroughly researched their online wine list before hand, looking for a cabernet or merlot rated 90 or higher by Wine Spectator (and not too expensive). I was pleased when they had my first choice, a 2006 Seven Hills Merlot, rated 90 and only $67. A real bargain. I had the escargot and they were quite hot as they should be but were a little bland from a lack of a decent garlic taste. My wife had shrimp cocktail and it was satisfactory. The salads were excellent. We were disappointed that the Chateaubriand was precooked and not cooked at tableside. The menu stated "these items" would be prepared or "finished" at tableside. Mine needed no extra cooking so it was merely served at tableside. My wife wanted hers a bit more done so they did that at tableside, albeit she now thought it a bit overdone--no one's fault, that. The quality of the meat, however, was not to be belittled--it was excellent as one would expect. The desserts were also super. My cherries jubilee couldn't have been any better. My wife had fresh raspberries with crème Anglais and would have liked a bit more crème. The tables were beautifully appointed and the service was fine. Not perfect as you might want in a truly great restaurant (I refilled my own wineglass, for example) but not bad for an American restaurant pretending to be a polished continental restaurant. So we were happy with the evening and had a good time. The bad news is we were not greatly impressed (having eaten at the Sanford in Milwaukee, for example!), and found no commanding reason to hurry back.

• Visited June 2013