“Fantastic Dinner”

Peppertree Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Peppertree Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 1,486 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 8th Street
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We got home a while ago from a phenomenal dinner at The Peppertree. Their pepper steak with mango chutney is just to die for. The service is wonderful... nothing is impossible for them. We asked for some things on the menu to be done a bit differently and heard only "of course we can"
This is a very special restaurant with staff who care that you are happy and enjoy your meal.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

One of our favorite places. Elegant and nice, a special occasion place to be sure. But not at all stuffy. Food is excellent, service is excellent, a hidden gem.

g

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We live in Colorado Springs and have gone to the Peppertree not only to celebrate special occasions, have a very nice dinner or to bring out of town guests. We went this past Friday evening and were disappointed in the pepper steaks, which the owner very smugly pointed out "why would anyone come there and order anything else". Both my husband and I were somewhat taken back by his demeanor that evening. Especially when all our steaks weren't what we had come to expect and enjoy from the Peppertree. My husband ordered a filet and my brother, his wife and I all ordered the pepper steak. All of us left portions of our steak - very unusual to say the least. The meat wasn't cooked to order and the flavor was lacking - even the Indian mango chutney, cracked pepper and flamed brandy couldn't cover the lackluster meat in their signature steak. Your choice of potato, pasta or rice is also disappointing as the potato choice consists only of baked with butter, sour cream and chives. My husband's steak was also very bland tasting and not cooked to his request. We had very good service, enjoyed two bottles of wine during dinner and my brother and his wife shared a large slice of chocolate cake which they seemed to really enjoy. The total bill, including a tip, was $500 which unfortunately was not worth the price of the steaks. I really felt bad that this was a belated birthday dinner for my brother who really likes a good steak. My husband and I decided this would most likely be our last dinner at the Peppertree. There are other restaurants in Colorado Springs that offer excellent food, great service and the owner isn't obnoxious to begin with.

1  Thank bjorndki50
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We went here looking for a fine dining experience in the Springs and were not disappointed. The service is impeccable. Many of the dishes are made table side. And the amazing views of the sunset over the city are top notch. Highly recommend this restaurant for romantic evenings and special occasions.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Peppertree was our restaurant of choice for special occasions. Highly recommend the Pepper Steak or Steak Diane. They will also cook it tableside as long as you stick with the 2 smaller sizes. The smaller sizes are good as they leave room for stunning desserts like cherries jubilee or bananas foster, also made table-side. We haven;t gone in a while as several of my family have turned vegetarian (horrors!)