“BEST STEAK AND SEAFOOD in Colorado Springs”

Peppertree Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Peppertree Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 1,431 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 8th Street
Westminster, Colorado
“BEST STEAK AND SEAFOOD in Colorado Springs”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This outstanding restaurant is exceptional for steaks and seafood. I had steak Diane flamed at the table by outstanding waiters. All waiters are dressed in tux; and, looking very professional. Another evening I had halibut with a baked potato . This was the best and freshest seafood I have had outside of Alaska on the coast.
I think their chefs really know how to prepare seafood cooked just right, not over done.
They have excellent salad choices with a great selection of dressings. You name it and they can do it for you.
The restaurant is not very large, which gives you more of a homey feeling. Everyone is treated and greeted very warmly.

DO NOT MISS THIS SPECIAL PLACE!!

EDDIE THE A

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank eddiethea

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Outstanding meal and service for special occasions”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our first time at the Peppertree and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We dined at the early shift on a Saturday night and reservations are essential. Ask for a table by the windows for the best view. We were warmly greeted and attended to by a lovely young lady at the front desk. She had out reservations, knew it was a special occasion and mentioned it, and we were seated immediately. After that great welcome it was curiously indifferenct - - for 10 minutes, literally, no one came to the table, no drink order was taken, no menus were provided, no specials announced.... nothing. I know Peppertree has an unusual teaming wait staff concept which kicked into high gear, but that was after nothing happened for the first ten minutes. After that, there was great attention to detail and service non stop. Shrimp cocktail starter, large portion and excellent. My wife had the stuffed portabello mushroom, also excellent. Spinach salad also very good but needed some color, perhaps halved cherry tomatoes and or slices of red onion. Tasty, but lacked a little presentation appeal. Wife had the house salad which was very good. For the entree, I had their signature Peppertree steak cooked at the table. One of the most tender steaks I've ever had, good proportioned but a bit overcooked for medium, possibly because two different waiters were coming and going doing the cooking. I guess there is a lot of communication going on behind the scenes to pull that off. Wife had the wild salmon which was superb. Side dishes were excellent, especially the wild rice. We shared bananas foster cooked table side for two, again, excellent. Very good selections of wine and a couple of very appealing specials. We will be back but this I categorize as a special event place. Dinner for two plus a glass of wine each will cost you close to $200 including tip. Back to the team wait staff concept, that is a bit hard getting sued to because you tell one waiter one thing and someone else brings it, or maybe not. Its just a little non traditional asking for something, seeing your waiter maybe pass you by a few minutes later but another waiter fulfilling your request. Not bad, just non traditional. Like I said, we will be back. A note to the owner. Given the advertisement of the "views of the city" I would make sure the grounds outside the window are kept up a little better.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank MarkV709
Colorado Springs
“Over-rated...there's better in Colorado Springs”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I dined here about five years ago and swore we wouldn't come back, we were so disappointed in the food. On our anniversary this year we had a gift certificate for $50, so thought perhaps they may have changed chefs by now. (We live very close and dine out often). That would be a NO! We started with the crab cakes - just ok, fair enough amount of crab but without a traditional crisp exterior. Bland, but edible. I love lobster bisque...don't order it here! The waiter took time to tell me that it was "broth-like" consistency (not thick, perfect!) with a swirl of cream (yes!). What I received was anything but...thicker, unbalanced -no tomato or wine flavor, and an overwhelming taste of strong salty fish broth. It was so disgusting I sent it back. (Oh, yes...didn't have the traditional garnish of a piece of lobster in the center, nothing). I tried my husband's French onion soup, or so it was called - try bland strong beef broth with a few barely cooked onions - not good either. Then came the main course. Oh my goodness...should have ordered the steak- can't mess that up too bad. Veal topped with crab, olives, capers and hollandaise. Sounded good...two small overcooked pieces of unseasoned veal topped with tomato, lots of olives and capers, and a bright yellow tasteless thick goo on top. Seriously. The over abundance of olives and capers made this dish extremely salty (duh), I scraped it off. The yellow stuff on top had no flavor whatsoever. If this was hollandaise, where did they find such bright yellow yolks and unflavored lemon juice? I cook...this meal was a joke and a serious waste of money. I gave it two stars because the wait staff did fine and were attentive. Oh, and my husband thought we could have eaten better at Olive Garden for half the price. (He had the special, a Tutti di mare, cappeline pasta in a cream and tomato sauce - very bland, overcooked pasta.)

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank OboePlayer1
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Set aside a couple hours to be treated like royalty”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Peppertree is definitely a throwback to high class, full-service restaurants. The service is attentive, the food is amazing and, if you choose one of the many items that are prepared tableside, the entire experience is entertaining.

Visited October 2013
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The steaks were done to perfection. We had the chateaubriand and I couldn't have made a better choice. It is a romantic and slow affair with a wonderful view of the city from it's hillside location. Don't go if you're in a hurry. The wait staff was attentive and very friendly.

• Visited June 2014