“Wonderful French Onion Soup!”

LA Baguette - Old Colorado City
Ranked #29 of 1,473 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stopped in for lunch and I can honestly say that the French Onion Soup is the best I have ever tasted (and that includes gourmet restaurants). The broth is rich and savory and there are lots of well cooked onions. It was served in a crock and topped with mozzarella cheese that was browned under a broiler- It was simply wonderful. It is served with a fresh baguette. It was crispy on the outside and chewy inside. I will be going back for more soon!

3  Thank Road_Bear57

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

La Baguette is a lovely place in the heart of Old Colorado City. If you're just passing through Colorado Springs, it's a bit out of the way, but it was worth the time. The whole menu is available, which is a particularly nice feature. The omelet, served with a generous slice of cantaloupe, was delicious; the ham quiche was a bit heavy on the bell pepper. The roll that came with the omelet was quite hard on the outside but soft & fresh inside. The prices were a bit on the high side, but the generous portions helped make up for them. The atmosphere was warm and comfortable. The staff was friendly and knowledgable, helping us make a selection from an array of very appealing choices. The cafe has lots of parking by the back entrance. On the same street are lots of shops; we didn't have a lot of time to spend, but were able to visit several. The cafe's food, atmosphere, and location made for a very pleasant morning.

1  Thank deng29
Reviewed 22 May 2014

When I pass through Colorado Springs, I always take family to La Baguette; it's a tradition. Everyone in my party loves the food here - you can't go wrong! It's just plain super-licious! My favorite is the cheese plate - so satisfying, served along with that wonderful French baguette. Also, the French onion soup is really, really good: one member of my party swears by it and must have it, each and every time we visit this place! I just wish I had this French bistro eatery where I live, so I could eat there every week! It's a really good thing!

And, the Old Colorado City location is also fun place to visit, which makes it a package deal when visiting the area.

P.S. I also purchase some of the breads/baguettes available, for the road - they are always fresh and a real treat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, anytime!

1  Thank houston0001
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Between the wide selection of pastries and the French onion soup, this place is great! Lunch is served quickly and the food is always fresh. I eat here whenever I'm downtown. The restaurant is clean and so is the restroom. Great place to eat!

2  Thank Catherine H
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I love coming here with my family or just to do work on my laptop. Love to eat croissants and they are delicious! Love supporting local businesses too!