“a hidden gem”

Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2013

For years I passed this restaurant by, not sure it was open and by the name I couldn't tell what food they served. Last February I stumbled in because my other choice was unavailable and was totally amazed at the food preparation quality and the super waitress Toby. It is a meat and fish menu with a variety of salads and soup of the day. I repeated the same meal the next day, down to the glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Took my husband there on the last trip and he was equally impressed. Tom, the owner/chef is truly talented and offers clean, delightfully well seasoned food. Fresh vegetables accompany every plate and twice they made me a special "veggie platter". I would make a special trip to Colorado Springs just to eat there.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We had a lot of family in town for our wedding and Gertrudes provided us the optimal place to host the day after luncheon so we could be with our families one more time before they took off back home. The owner was most accommodating to our needs, even closing down the restaurant for our families to enjoy the lunch and restaurant all to themselves. The ambience and atmosphere of Gertrudes is loaded with great charm in a very personal and intimate setting. The food served was very fresh, hot, and truly tasty. And the service was outstanding, catering to our every need and request. They made us all feel very special on a most precious day. And the mimosa's were awesome!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

What a quaint and inviting restaurant to have lunch. The staff was VERY friendly and accommodating. Food was good/unique and made to order. A little pricey for the pocket book, but worth the treat. Highly recommend the pasta dishes! The flour-less chocolate cake is a must!

Reviewed 27 March 2013

I have lost count how many times my husband and I have had the pleasure of dining at Gertrudes over the past seven+ years . We ALWAYS get the smoked salmon appetizer (it's so good it brings tears of joy to my eyes) and have yet to eat any of their delectable entree's that we didn't like. Tom, the owner, is an artist when it comes to preparing seafood and other dishes. The presentation is always appealing and the waitstaff, especially Toby, is highly knowledgeable in pairing drink with food. Her attentive service and great attitude always makes it a pleasure to eat there.
Failing to experience Gertrudes as a resident or a tourist means missing out on a delight for your tastebuds!!

Reviewed 28 December 2012

At noon, Gertrude's had only one wait staff member on hand to serve the entire restaurant. While the person worked hard to be efficient (and effective), the perspiration that was evident on his face throughout our visit was offensive when I was trying to eat my lunch. The atmosphere felt frantic, not an atmosphere that I desired when treating a friend to a birthday lunch.

It would be best if the Gertrude's owner could have several wait staff members on hand at all times. This would help make for a relaxing and calm environment. If this were the case, I would return for lunch.