“Great lunch find in Old Colorado City”
Review of Gertrude's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gertrude's Restaurant
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
“Great lunch find in Old Colorado City”
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

We were vacationing in Colorado Springs and did a google maps search for available restaurants nearby. Gertrude's menu on their website looked very good, and right up our alley for what we were hungry for.
My wife ordered the Warm Apple Salad (Grilled Granny Smith apples, gorgonzola cheese & walnuts served on mixed greens with a warm port wine vinaigrette) and I had the Grilled Salmon Salad (Wild Coho salmon, tomatoes, onions, carrots, oranges, roasted red peppers & almonds mixed greens). We topped it off with the warm flourless "Chocolate Oblivion" cake for dessert.
Wow...we agreed that it was the best meal we had in a very long time. The chef/owner obviously takes pride in his craft. The quality of every ingredient was superb, the presentation and taste...wonderful. Even every lettuce leaf was full, robust, crisp...and the salmon, grilled perfectly. But, the Chocolate Oblivion was incredible; warm, melt-in-your-mouth good. You could taste the real butter used in the flourless cake and sauce.
The restaurant is small, but the servers were very responsive to all our special requests.

Visited September 2013

Kansas
“One of our favorites!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Gertrude's is in Old Colorado City and is a restaurant we always go to when in that area. It is a small, unique, quiet place and very cozy. We were in town on a Sunday and were delighted to find Gertrude's was open for brunch. We enjoyed Bloody Mary’s (way too spicy for me); Gertrude’s Egg Benedict and Salmon Eggs Benedict; and Coffee. There is an excellent wait staff and we love the ambience. Don't miss this place.

• Visited July 2013
PA
“Quaint!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Lovely little restaurant! Enjoyed a delicious lunch! Would definitely return!!! Excellent service and fresh ingredients!! Gertrude's is situated in the middle of old Colorado's shopping area and is a great place to take a break from shopping!!!!! No outdoor seating and not a bar scene as I indicated below. Could not delete rating below!!

• Visited July 2013
CHICO
“a hidden gem”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

For years I passed this restaurant by, not sure it was open and by the name I couldn't tell what food they served. Last February I stumbled in because my other choice was unavailable and was totally amazed at the food preparation quality and the super waitress Toby. It is a meat and fish menu with a variety of salads and soup of the day. I repeated the same meal the next day, down to the glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Took my husband there on the last trip and he was equally impressed. Tom, the owner/chef is truly talented and offers clean, delightfully well seasoned food. Fresh vegetables accompany every plate and twice they made me a special "veggie platter". I would make a special trip to Colorado Springs just to eat there.

Visited May 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Exceptional Luncheon Served”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We had a lot of family in town for our wedding and Gertrudes provided us the optimal place to host the day after luncheon so we could be with our families one more time before they took off back home. The owner was most accommodating to our needs, even closing down the restaurant for our families to enjoy the lunch and restaurant all to themselves. The ambience and atmosphere of Gertrudes is loaded with great charm in a very personal and intimate setting. The food served was very fresh, hot, and truly tasty. And the service was outstanding, catering to our every need and request. They made us all feel very special on a most precious day. And the mimosa's were awesome!

• Visited March 2013