“Home cooking goodness!”

Roman Villa Pizza
Ranked #173 of 1,412 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Home cooking goodness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Warm and friendly family owned resturant.. love this place! I always get the Tortillaci(sp) asiago and it is my all time fav

• Visited July 2013

Castle Rock
“Roman Villa - first time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

New to the area. Always looking for good Italian restaurants. Well, this might be one of the best ever. Small, older establishment (1959) that is not what you would call a standout location from the busy street. But, those will often fool you. Stopped in Friday evening alone for dinner. Short 10 minutes wait standing by the front door. Could definitely feel the warm, Italian like spirit. Lots of old photos hanging all around. Menu had only true Itallian entrees. The spagetti with meat balls was larger than I could eat in one sitting. Delicious! I loved the movement of the staff serving and acknowledging everyone -- every waitress spoke my name and checked on my meal. Not a stiff shirt restuarant. I thought there was parking for only a few cars in front and discovered the parking lot behind which was nearly full (probably 15-20 cars). That's usually a good sign of a popular place. My assessment is that the patrons were mostly regulars. I felt most comfortable and almost at home. Will visit again.

• Visited May 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Atmosphere alone worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Listen....the pizza here is quite good......in fact very good. Linguine with clams.....not great, not bad.....either way, we LOVE this place.....what a time warp!.......Note to ownership....please, PLEASE do not make the mistake some many restaurateurs make and "update" the decor based on a small minority of people who complain its "too old".....your place is an absolute gem in a sea of faceless chains!....even if food was terrible (and it is not), we would still come just to drink wine and soak up the ambience...we even love the dirt parking lot!.....staff is terrific too! Kind of feels like an old mom and pop place somewhere in Pennsylvania or upstate NY....so don't go changin'!!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ydap123
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Best Italian food for the Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

I really like this great little family restaurant. They have excellent classic Italian-American cuisine.

• Visited January 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“BEST Italian in TOWN, hands down!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

I have been going to Roman Villa for 12 years now I believe. Carla, Amber and the rest of the staff are so amazing, you feel as if you're going to your family's house for dinner.
I have been known to have RV multiple times a week.... I cannot say enough about it. The pizza is the best... I prefer pepperoni and pepperoncini for salt and vinegary taste and I like to get it a little well done so its nice and golden brown. The pizza sauce is just amazing... you cannot argue with over 55 years of experience!! My other favorites are Tortellacci ... the creamy tomato garlic sauce is the best, a vegetarians delight!! Also Roman Villa Chicken with a side of noodles with mushrooms and garlic butter... HELLO!!!! My husband LOVES the lasagna, it is large and delicious. Also the ravioli is delicious, homemade just like the tortellacci, how can you go wrong.

They open at 5pm so I suggest getting there at 4:52 which is what I do else you could find yourself without a table until the first diners have left. Expect a wait, especially on Friday and Saturday nights, but do NOT let it defer you... you MUST experience the love!

• Visited January 2013