“Local Review”

Colorado Springs, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local Review”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I am a local of the Springs and this is truly the best hotdog in Colorado. I grew up eating these hotdogs. Truly a great place to eat!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank jitterbuginatree

Chandler
“Great find! ”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We put "restaurants" in the GPS when leaving Garden of the Gods and were excited to discover this Chicago style hotdog gem! Delicious! The girl working the register is a sweetheart! If we ever come back through Colorado Springs, we will eat here again!

1 Thank Bobbich
Saint Petersburg, FL
“Great hotdogs!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My girlfriend and I were up for "Dogs". The Vienna Dogs served at Margo's were delicious. In fact we made complete pigs out of ourselves and had two each!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank bennett942
Minnesota
“All Aboard!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This place is a must whenever I visit the Springs. I have a friend who has lived here for many years and turned me on to this place. They never disappoint either as the dogs are very tasty. I have tried them at other locations but you can't beat Margo's! The place doesn't look like much, an older, small building with only some outdoor seating but that is part of the mystique. I generally get a combo with an extra dog. I also like the Rueben dog but you just can't go wrong with the original. Not cheap but very tasty.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Creekguy
Gainesville, Florida
“Great Chicago food in Colorado”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We spotted Margo's on the way to the Garden of the Gods, a spectacular grouping of rock formations that should not be missed when visiting Colorado Springs. We decided we would have lunch there after visiting the Garden of the Gods.
I hadn't had any Vienna Beef products in over 30 years and was hoping that the quality had not faded like so many other products do due to companies trying to save money by using cheaper ingredients. I was not disappointed. My wife had never had any Vienna Beef products and she was totally amazed by the flavor and quality of our meal as she is not a fan of deli food. She was amazed by the flavor of her Gyro (year-o). I had my old standby, an Italian beef sandwich with peppers. It was like watching the Cubs play at Wrigley Field again.
Margo's is a little hole in the wall 12 X 30 foot Goldenrod colored building but the food is better than a lot of fancy expensive restaurants we have been in and we will return to Margo's every chance we get.
Here it is two days later and we went back again. This time for a Chicago dog, a Philly cheese steak and a Maxwell polish sausage. All were heavenly.
Oh, the iced tea is great also, fresh and tasty and Margo is a delight.

• Visited June 2013