“Much better”

Ranked #54 of 1,422 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Much better”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

When my ladies' group got together for lunch, they wanted to go to La Baguette. My thought was, "Yuck". I'm not fond of the one in Old Colorado City. But no, they wanted to go to the one on Chestnut just a block south of Garden of the Gods. So I gave it a try. The atmosphere is rather charming with pictures of Paris (one of my favorite cities) on the walls. There were 12 of us ladies and they were able to accommodate us at one long table. They were also able to accommodate separate checks and we were there right in the middle of the lunch hour. The service was friendly and timely. I ordered the French Onion Soup and a sandwich called La Parisian. I think the soup had more soggy bread and cheese than it had broth and onions. I like mine better. The sandwich was an average ham and cheese sandwich with butter not mayo. HOWEVER, the lady sitting next to me had a salad that looked absolutely scrumptious! It was called a Mediterranean Cobb Salad. My eyes were devouring that! I just had to come back
Two weeks later, a couple of friends and I were back. I ordered the Mediterranean Cobb Salad. OMG! It came in a large square plate. There were maybe a cup of salad greens - just the right amount. Laid diagonally across the greens were roasted red pepper slices, avocado slices, chicken slices, hard-boiled egg slices, kalamata olives, and grape tomatoes. Lightly drizzled over that was a balsamic vinaigrette. It was beautiful and it tasted as good as it looked - definitely worth the return visit. Unfortunately, I had no room for desert. There are other items on the menu that deserve exploration so I shall be back!

On the down side, I was not impressed with how the tables got cleaned. The waitress wiped the crumbs onto the floor and we got to walk through it. The restaurant does have an outdoor space so to speak. It is about 4 tables that are one foot away from the front end of cars in the parking lot. It has a view of the parking lot, the street, and the gas station across the street. Not very appetizing, but the food is worth exploring. Kudos to the chef!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Colleen R

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Yummy”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I am a Waffle House kinda guy so was a little hesitant with LaBaguette but it was highly recommended. I was surprised and delighted. Inside looks like a Parisian cafe. Quite possibly the best breakfast ever. The corned beef hash was incredible. It came with a crusty gigantic roll. I also stole bites of my wife's flakey apple croissant. Service was perfect. Now it is my turn to highly recommend LaBaguette!

1 Thank MikeKerrey
“Yum-O!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast and was very happy with the choice. I had the spinach and feta omelet which was delicious. My son ordered a kids french toast and it was the best french toast ever! My husband had corn beef hash and he enjoyed it. The coffee was excellent, a french roast.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best dinner ever with a warm, friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stopped by for dinner and had the best meal. They were really busy for a Friday evening with a graduation party going on but handled everything seamlessly. We felt valued as customers and the food was fabulous. We split a Caesar Salad and the Shrimp Provencale, both outstanding. And then topped it off by sharing the Italian Lemon Cake which was to die for; soft, subtle flavors that blended together to end the meal. A little off the beaten fast food track of Garden of the Gods but well worth the stop.

• Visited May 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Simply Delicious”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

What a lovely find! It seems like a hole in the wall from the outside, but it is like you are transported to a bistro in France once you step inside. If you have time for the duck (it takes about 20 minutes), then sit back with a glass of wine and prepare for one of the best dishes in town!

Visited April 2014