“Well, I liked it but, company did not”

Margarita At Pine Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Margarita At Pine Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,478 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$12 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: View, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Woodmen
Description: Since 1974 The Margarita at PineCreek has been serving fine food, spirits, good times and memories. Our focus has always been on serving great food in a comfortable setting. Our eclectic cooking style is innovative, yet recognizable and we use the freshest possible ingredients. Our staff (some here for 30 years) serves in a professional, unpretentious manor, creating a refreshing & relaxed atmosphere. The Margarita thrives on local customers while appealing to the many out of town visitors looking for a true local experience. We are an independent, local, community-driven restaurant. We host many local events and fundraisers as well as: the Colorado Farm and Art Market, a "Dinner and a Movie" series, special wine dinners & many culinary events to appeal to the varied tastes of our customers.
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were sharing a brunch with a couple of friends., but, neither one like it., neither did my husband., the menu was all poached eggs., with the exception of French Toast., Salmon, Salad., and a few other entrée. I have been there several times., all lunch time events,. I like the atmosphere., but, of course my friends didn't, but, I will return with other folks., and it will be a completely different experience. Sunny area, to set, and the restaurant has a really quaint interior, each seating area is quiet., and has a very southwestern feel., except the food is very continental., which is a change, that is good. $$, but really unique place to go., scheduled brk/lunch/dinner times,. so check the website., very different restaurant., if you are kinda down-home person., you might not like it., but I did., and I am both., so give it a try., and see what you think., enjoy, bye!!!!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I just went for brunch and it was absolutely wonderful. I had Shrimp & Grits and it was delicious. It consisted of really flavorful cheesy grits with a spicy Creole sauce containing plenty of shrimp and some andouille sausage. My wife enjoyed her Huevos Rancheros and we both enjoyed the quiet ambiance and attentive service. We plan to go back again to try their lunch and dinner menu over the next several weeks. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We came with our cousins who were Margarita newbies. From the very beginning, the Margarita did not disappoint, as we knew it wouldn't! Our meal started out with a flair, with a variety of specially requested appetizers. Mine was the PEI mussels with brussels sprouts in a Sherry mustard sauce, a pancetta & garlic toast on the side. This type of dish is hard to describe and one you would definitely want to experience first hand! It had a creamy, meaty flavor & the mussels were covered in a colorful slaw type medley, greatly enhancing each delicious bite. Just wait til you see the pics! Delicioso! The guys had the smoky Gaujillo BBQ Pork Belly Tostadas with pickled corn slaw & crema. They described it as crispy, tangy & sweet yet hearty & tender. A perfect blend of flavors. The Tomato Caprese w/basil, arugula, garlic oil & balsamic drizzle was equally as impressive. Tomatoes picked at the height of season, red, ripe & earthy complemented the sweet, tangy sauce perfectly. Honestly, as I've said before, you could really enjoy a perfectly crafted appetizer, salad, homemade crusty bread loaf with a glass of wine and be perfectly satisfied. But why not indulge every now & again?! The soup (du jour) we enjoyed with our meal was cool, refreshing yet hearty. Served again, with The Bread...MMMM...need I say more?! What I love about the simpleness of unexpected flavors is that an ordinary salad turns extraordinary with a surprising addition, such as pickled turnips & lemon cucumbers! Wow, very refreshing and unexpected. With a quick double check back to our dinner menu to see what the delightful additions were, we are all surprised and perfectly delighted to discover these simple vegetable added such a unique twist. The flavor combo of fresh greens, balsamic vinaigrette, red onion, pickled turnips, lemon cucumber, feta cheese & homemade croutons was simply wonderful. Finally, the dinner entree arrived and the majority chose the grilled New York Strip Steak. As I am not a fan of steak, I chose the Panko Crusted Yellowtail Jack. The strip steak was seasoned, seared and grilled perfectly- served with a savory, rich decadent sauce w/a hint of sweetness. The smooth & creamy,whipped garlicy potatoes were a match made in steak & potatoes heaven. Interestingly enough, when comparing the appetizer (pork belly tostada) to the dinner entree (strip steak), our cousin remarked, that he enjoyed the simple flavor combination of the tostadas even more than the strip steak! My yellowtail was grilled to a white, flakey perfection, encrusted with a lightly browned panko crust. Served along side was a soft polenta, leek/lemon/thyme brown butter blend with shitake mushrooms, oven dried tomatoes & arugula; amazingly flavorful when combined all together. I appreciated the butter being left on the side, so as to not overwhelm the delicate natural flavor (& healthiness) of the fish. Of course, we were all quite full by this time, but there was this tiny matter of the beet & goat cheese pierogies that intruiged us so much that we finally asked our waitress if we could just sample a couple, between the four of us. Hard to imagine what this combo might taste like, and as my mom had made homemade pierogies for years, I was very curious. Our waitress went to the kitchen and asked our wonderful chef Eric, if he would be able to accommodate our special request (by now this was an extra addition to our meal, but we just couldn't resist!) He obliged us and even went so far as to fry up a fresh batch, as the rest had already been given out to other diners. The description of this special creation is this: warm & tangy, with a filling a bit salty yet earthy. The consistency was a bit like a ricotta cheese. I probably wouldn't order this as a meal in itself, but in addition to our steak & fish, it was a wonderful side addition. Thanks again, Eric! Now, last but not least, dessert! I have to say, we had gotten a bit spoiled with the Panna Cotta (our first experience of this wonderfully, amazing creation was like heaven in our mouths!) Of course, I decided to order this no-fail dessert once again, as it is light yet also satisfies that never ending sweet tooth. One cousin decided on the chocolate mousse layer torte as she is a big chocolate fan. We had tried that once before too, but as soon as the panna cotta arrived, the chocolate mousse was definitely upstaged! My hubby chose a new dessert, the Tres Leches with fresh berries. I've had this before at other restaurants and wasn't impressed! Not a fan of milk or soggy desserts, this was one dessert I was only too happy to pass up! Well, once our last & final course arrived we all couldn't wait to sample one last, delicious course. This time, my panna cotta was served with fresh peaches (last time it had been served with blackberries & strawberries). Unfortunately, the flavor of the peaches seemed to compete with the lovely sweetness of the panna cotta and I was left mourning the beautiful pairing of fresh berries with the panna cotta, as in times past. Next up, was the chocolate mousse, which made an amazing presentation in itself. She pronounced it moist, light in consistency but very rich. And then...the seduction began! My husband tried a small bite of the Tres Leches and declared it the most amazing thing he had ever eaten! He refused to eat another bite until we had all four sampled it. I hesitated, and took the smallest sample bite...what is this?! We quickly passed it around the table and there was a quick consensus. Which dessert was the best?? Hands down, no question, it was the Tres Leches! OH my goodness, if you never try anything else, please try this! The moistness of the cake was a work of creative genius, as it was so incredibly moist, yet not the least bit soggy! We tasted and passed it back & forth as we all agreed over and over that this was the best dessert any of us had ever tasted! A tiny hint of vanilla flavor could be detected (was it a Mexican vanilla?), the whipped topping was so light & fluffy, it had to have been made from scratch. Even the vanilla base of the cake was so light, not overpoweringly sweet (as the chocolate mousse leaned toward), we just couldn't imagine how anyone could make a cake, filled with milk & creme, to be so flavorful, moist, delicious yet not soggy! It may have been at that moment of insanity that I declared if I wasn't already married, I may have just had to marry the chef! ;) All in all, another wonderful experience at the Margarita at Pine Creek! The word we decided best summed up this amazing evening was this: "Foodphoria!"

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Went to celebrate friends birthdays and had a very enjoyable evening with a private table and great food. Pre fix menu with choice of 3 or 5 courses. Several choices of appetizers, entrees and desserts. Each of us had different entrees (steak, fish, duck) and all were creative, fresh and tasty with lots of flavors, textures, colors. Great oyster appetizer. Soup, salad and dessert were good but not as unique.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The restaurant is laid out beautifully and has wonder ambiance and a great patio. The five course meal was good but lacked flavor or any richness in taste, was somewhat bland. The service was impressive though.