“Don't come here on a Sunday if you're really hungry, wait isn't worth it!”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #296 of 1,478 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 15 September 2013

So I went to this place on a Sunday morning, waited 45 minutes to sit down and another 40 minutes to get my meal. Does this sound reasonable? heck no! Never again on a Sunday morning, and not recommended for anyone who comes here hungry, the wait ain't worth it! Disappointed at the initial wait, the secondary wait, and asked for bread after 30 minutes when they should have given the bread to me without me asking. Disappointed to say the least - spoke to the manager and asked if it was reasonable for me to wait this long for my food...apparently they are very disorganized in the kitchen with a new menu, disconnects between the food servers and kitchen staff, and yada yada yada...don't really care about excuses, I care about getting my food and in a timely manner. Would I eat here again? Of course, just not on a Sunday morning! I expressed my concerns to the management ONLY because I want to see improvement, and hopefully they get the clue of my disappointment.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is a very good chain restaurant. We were seated promptly (1 PM) and the service was very good. My wife and I each had the roast turkey dinner...it was very good. The staff at this restaurant are well versed concerning the menu. The restaurant was very clean, as expected; however, after the main lunch crowd they apparently were quick to tidy. We will stop here again while in town.

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Mimi's is home to a culinary favorite of mine - French Onion Soup, but always provide tasty fare backed by excellent service. The Coq au Vin was very good, as are the chicken crepes. Baked goods are wonderful, sourdough breads are not overwhelmingly sour. Good desserts too. I go back every time I am in town.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We usually like Mimi's. While on vacation we stopped at this location for breakfast. We ordered got our food and the waitress immediately set our check on the table. She was not friendly to begin with and this was clearly a hurry, eat and get out gesture. Won't be visiting there again.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

We went in the morning, and it was crowded. The staff treated us well, but the service, though pleasant, wasn't the best; again, they were really busy.