“Totally worth every penny ”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main
Ranked #28 of 103 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

This is the cleanest nicest hotel we have ever been in. Huge rooms and very nice beds. The biggest selling point has to be the staff. Everyone has a big smile even on a day with weather around -5 degrees. Also close to many restaurants. We came for our anniversary and I think we will be back for years to come.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Our family and extended family booked a group of rooms for the Thanksgiving holiday and a celebration of our mother's 90th birthday over the weekend following Thanksgiving. We travelled in from all over the United States and on arrival, all of our reservation requests were spot on. The rooms were nice and large and very clean. The thing that made our stay most enjoyable was the hotel staff. They are the nicest, most accommodating people that I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy - always smiling and asking us many times if there was anything that they could do to make our stay more enjoyable. We had several families with small children and the staff went out of their way to show how much they enjoyed them. Margarita makes a delicious breakfast each morning with a great selection. ChrisTina and Josh were excellent at the front desk. We couldn't have asked for a better experience! Highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ken B
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our neighborhood had a sewer interruption notice saying we'd have a disruption of service for 24 hours. Josh, accommodated my husband and I, in such a pleasant and inviting manner. When checking in, Zhane welcomed me with smiles, patience and courteousness while informing me of a list of restaurants in the area and things to do. The room was updated with the most luxurious, state of the art interior design. I was bedazzled! Everything was so clean and comfortable, not to mention how quiet our venue was...snap! Wished I could have stayed longer than one day. Lastly, Maggie so politely helped my husband rescue his bagel from the toaster and buttered it for him as his hands were filled with many delightful breakfast items. We want to thank your staff for making our visit at the Holiday Inn Express our 'Home Away From Home!" We'll be back!!

Room Tip: If you prefer a quieter room, request one away from the pool on the south side of the facility.
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I just went through one of the most pleasant hotel experiences in the last few years. I travel some, so I am accustomed to courteous staffs, great accommodations and darn good food. One thing that my travel accommodations have not always shown me is 'genuine enthusiastic care'. This Holiday Inn Express competes well with small European hotels in central cities which cater to Business travelers, it also surpasses them in customer service by far. All members of this staff deserve special mention for their uncanny ability to make their demanding work appear easy. My personal appreciation goes to Ana, Maggie and Chris Tina for the way in which they are able their work with a personal touch of kindness. Kudos to the very able managerial staff whose strong/quiet guidance and support makes it possible for their workers to tend to the guests with such brilliance. A great Hotel, worthy of return business.

Room Tip: Choose a third floor, east facing room -- they look out onto a lovely golf course and is such a plea...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Like a sleek new car, this hotel still has that new car smell. Rooms are modern. Larger lobby with 2 big-screens and plenty of tables and chairs. There's a lot to like about this place.

However, I assumed all Holiday Inn Express hotels had both microwaves and mini fridges standard. Wrong. The mini fridge is standard, was quiet and hidden in a handsome cabinet. But the microwave requires a $5 upgrade charge, another example of the travel industry nickel and diming you.

There is a quaint heated swimming pool, but alas, the real aquatic attraction for most people was missing: a hot tub. Again, I think every HI Express I've ever been too has had a hot tub, so I expected it. My bad.

One other odd note. All of the staff were great as others have said. However, the business center -- one computer and accompanying printer -- well, the printer didn't work so the staff invited me to go behind the check-in desk to go on the internet and print something out. Helpful, but very awkward when a guest arrived and approached me for help.

My spouse and I did appreciate the convenience of the movie theatre and grabbing a salad from the nearby Whole Foods. This hotel is no where near I-25, but has many other pluses for the location.

Room Tip: A room facing west will grant a large view of the Rockies.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Every hotel has a bed, shower, and an available breakfast. This hotel offers that with a greater attention to a higher quality product. Nice rooms with large common areas to enjoy. What this hotel really excels at is customer service. The staff is a huge asset to this company. Ana from the housekeeping staff, went above and beyond to make sure our stay was wonderful. Kristina at the front desk and Zhane were also wonderful in their attention to detail. Every person we encountered was friendly and helpful. We walked in as customers and checked out as family. With my son and his family close by, I will make sure everyone coming into the area stays here.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I travel a lot and have stayed in plenty of HIE hotels. This one is super clean and has a great staff but the walls have the worst soundproofing I have ever been around. Bars are close by so be prepared to share the laughter when people start coming in around 1:30 am. Even just guests walking above you or closing doors sound like its in your room. Loudest hotel I have EVER been in.

• Stayed: November 2013