“Mmmm good!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Unusual way to enter & order but glad we did. Line was quick. House salad was perfect size & taste. Good coke. Great crust & flavors. We had #11 (pepperoni, ham & olives), #15 (chicken sausage & goat cheese & I added pine nuts) and plain cheese for our 3 yo. She ate 3 pieces which was more than usual. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Met up with some friends for a late meal and drinks. The Food was very good the beer was cold. The service was excellent. The food came out quickly and was served at the correct tempurature.
I will visit this place again.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My first visit to this location (the one Downtown).
I would prefer to sit down and be waited on, but we were early and there was no wait at the counter to order. I ordered a cazone and it must have been ready in 5-minutes.
The brick oven is a great touch. They are there making the pizza pies to order: hand stretching the dough to a thin crust and it bakes up very quickly.

1  Thank Rockyrover
Reviewed 15 November 2013

At first I was a bit confused about the way to behave.
On the wall right after the entrance there is a big menu, and you first have to choose the food and the beverage and pay for it. Then you choose your seat and from that moment on you will be served as usual.
The pizza came very fast and was tasty, good-sized and with a real crust. Perfect!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Il Vicino has two locations in Colorado Springs - one downtown and the other on the north end of town in University Village. I met an out-of-town business colleague at the University Village location one evening for a dinner. This is a order at the counter, seat yourself kinda pizza place, which wasn't exactly what I expected, but we made due. After reading the menu on the wall, we both ordered soup and salad, paid for our meals at the counter, were given a number, and found a table. The meal was served up quickly - the soup was average minestrone, and the salad was mediocre. The service was very good, and the staff was friendly. This is a good informal place for a quick lunch, or dinner with the kids. However, I don't recommend this place for a business meeting.