“Great budget motel”

Ranked #47 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great budget motel”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We visited Colorado Springs with my two young sons and chose the Stagecoach Motel based on their decent rating, location, cost, and amenities. Since we were traveling on a budget, I needed inexpensive lodging with room for the four of us plus a way to store and cook food so we could avoid eating out every day. I also needed internet access so I could stay in touch with the office while I was out of town. The Stagecoach Motel not only met every one of my needs, they exceeded my expectations. This is why I give them an "Excellent" rating. Among the hotels in their price range, they are by far the best. Even though the furnishings and fixtures were dated, you could tell they worked hard to keep everything clean and in working order. The staff went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed -- extra towels, a microwave for the room, and internet access. The location of the Stagecoach is a huge plus. Very near a Seven-Eleven with cheap gas, a coin-op laundry (with a kids play area), and several restaurants and fast-food places. We felt safe there. The room was quiet and I never saw anyone wandering around that didn't belong there. The hotel also has quick access to I-25. The friendly and helpful woman at the front desk was very knowledgeable about where everything was and even what was and was not open/running due to recent fires and flash flooding. We were so pleased with our stay we decided to stay an extra day. They were able to accommodate us for that as well. Well done, Stagecoach!

Room Tip: Book as early as you can. This place seems to fill up quickly because it only has about 20 rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jon K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

My fondest memories were of staying in clean motels as a child and this brought back those memories. On arrival to a slightly dubious area the lady at the desk could not have been more helpful and even brought over extra towels for the children. The car port was great and ensured noise did not travel. The decor is original and retro but the place was spotless and odour free.

In summary a great motel that is clean and welcoming. Add the price and this is a favourite stay.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Adam S
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 30 July 2013

A clean and affordable place to stay if you are visiting Garden of the Gods or Manitou. Manager was very helpful in that she walked with me to my room and watched to make sure my car with a rooftop cargo carrier would fit into the covered carport. The rooms are simple but clean and well maintained. I like this old style of motel where the rooms are separated by carports so that you don't hear your neighbor's TV or conversation. I had a room in the back and it was very quiet. Wifi worked well enough to surf the web

I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Prescott_Tom
Alma, Arkand
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The Stage Coach Motel in Colorado Springs is a delightful old motel which has been very lovingly maintained. Built in the 40s each unit has its own garage, and view of the mountains. It is extremely clean, comfortable and quiet. The owner is a very friendly and helpful. There is a beautiful garden and a 100-year-old apple tree on the property. When we go back to the area we will stay there again; it was very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynn S
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I just loved this place. It's an older motel with carports for each unit but has been maintained very well. Not really renovated to new stuff, but quite clean and comfortable. The front desk manager (owner?) was very helpful and exceedingly pleasant. Unlike one reviewer, there was no problem with the wifi. Could have used a TV Guide in the room, but we figured it out. The beds are a little on the firm side, not good for me but fine for my co-traveler. There are plenty of food options and a Safeway a block away. NO pool or fitness center but who needs them! We're in Colorado, after all. Close access to Garden of the Gods and other sites. We went to the bug museum one day followed by a hike right there. That was quite interesting to say the least. I will definitely stay there again if going to the springs.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suzanne S
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Our stay at the Stagecoach was made even better by the super helpful front desk manager. We had originally requested 2 rooms, but upon check in she offered us adjoining rooms at a cheaper rate. She couldn't have been nicer. The motel itself is very basic, but it was quiet, clean and comfortable. Wifi was free, but very poor. Just enough juice to check email quickly. The motel is located very close to a mall and several restaurants, and is less than a mile from the interstate. Great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We reserved a two bed room but ended up needing more. The mgr was happy to "upgrade" us and allow our dog who had to come with us unexpectedly to stay without notice for only $10. The room wasn't great but it did the job for our one night stay. We ended up leaving behind a very special stuffed animal of my daughters and the manager kept it safe and sound until we could have it rescued! If you are just looking for a comfy place to sleep with wonderful service then this is your place!

• Stayed July 2013