“Excellent”

Ranked #53 of 1,486 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$0 - US$45
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Looking for a fine dining restaurant? How about a FUN restaurant? Try The Melting Pot's unique dining experience where you will experience the most memorable evening for any occasion. Enjoy our four course menus that feature our delicious, creamy cheese fondue, fresh salads with homemade dressings; our entree course with marinated meats, steak and seafood and, don't forget our mouth-watering chocolate fondue desserts! You can even come in for just one course like our most popular cheese fondue! We are an amazing option for Gluten Free (GF) diners as we feature bread and dessert from Coquette Bistro and Bakery and vegetarian diners. Our servers are the tops in town - enthusiastic, smiling and extremely knowledgeable to lead you through the experience. How about a fun drink? Our bartenders have developed and created excellent martinis and cocktails to pleasure your taste buds! We carry local brews by Bristol Brewing Co. And our wine list has been voted one of Colorado Springs top lists. Try our well paired Wine Flight with your four course dinner - you will enjoy four excellent wines as you progress through the courses. Our location is underground giving the restaurant a romantic feel for our lovers and a fun atmosphere for large parties or families. The ambient lighting, cozy decor, private booths and spectacular cuisine make The Melting Pot of Colorado Springs the perfect place for a romantic date night, wedding rehearsal dinner, New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, birthday or anniversary celebration, business gathering, graduation or a ladies night out. Celebrate Life's Moments at the Melting Pot! We are proud to be a favorite among the locals, military and many tourists who visit this great town. Conveniently located downtown near the Antler's Hilton Hotel and the Mining Exchange a Wyndham Grand Hotel, we are easy to find near the fun shops on Tejon Street and Pikes Peak Avenue.
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here. We had a great time. The food is good, the service is good, and the atmosphere is good. The restaurant is clean and comfortable. We had a four course dinner in order to experience it all. We will return in the future for other special occasions.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We took my in-laws here for an early Father's Day dinner since we were in town visiting. It was a first for them (not for us) so it was fun seeing them learning how to "cook their own meal." The menu, and decisions to make, can be a little overwhelming for first timers, but the wait staff is extremely helpful and patient. I highly recommend reservations, and avoid special occasions if possible. We were warned of the possibility of long waits (even with a reservation) but as long as we didn't mind sitting at the "high" tables, they got us right in. The only slightl negative was that there was an extra glass of wine charge on the bill that we wouldn't have noticed if we didn't review the bill as close. The waiter passed it off as an innocent mistake. I hope it was.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Love this place! Always great service and food. I think my best part is desert, which I'm usually already full by then so we end up taking most of it home and reheating the dips. They reheat well in the microwave.

Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

A great dining experience. 4 course meal with tangy swiss cheese. Nice salad. Boiling broth for cooking. And decadent chocolate fondue for dessert. How much more fun can a dining experience be! Great service. Bar has individual burners. Bartender cooks and serves drinks. Fantastic restaurant. Good location. A little dark being in basement level.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice... you know the rest. This is the 2nd time my husband and I have dined here on Valentine's day (evening) and both times they didn't seat us until way past our reservation. This time was the worst though. There were around 20 couples waiting to be seated when we got there and there was no seats left anywhere so we had to stand. No big deal until you see no one is moving, no one is leaving and no one is being seated.

We had a 9:45pm reservation which is already late and it was the only time available when my husband booked it weeks in advance. We showed up at 9:30pm and were told we would be waiting approximately 15 minutes for our table which sounded great because that's when our reservation was for anyways. 10pm came and went and we were still standing and very few couples had come or gone at that point.

At 10:15pm there were some angry couples who went to talk to the host and I heard them say their reservations were for 9:30pm! I knew we were in for a long wait at that point. How discouraging!

The host kept telling people as they arrived that they were sorry it was taking so long and they would be seated very shortly. A few times she told them that their wait was only 15-20 minutes (that's what they told us!). Why not just tell the truth? That's better than getting your hopes up to be seated in a reasonable time frame.

We were offered drinks around 10:30pm and we just wanted water because we had been standing for an hour at this point. My feet were aching and I just wanted to sit and enjoy a romantic dinner. I guess what is the most frustrating is that you have to pay in FULL weeks in advance so if you get upset you feel you can't just leave and go somewhere else. $120 plus a pre-paid tip for a meal is a LOT of money to just walk away from.

The hostess explained to people who came up to her that they were sorry but they had "campers" in the booths. Campers are couples that just linger in a booth for over 3 hours even though their meal ended over an hour earlier. They just like to "camp out" in the booth whispering sweet nothings in each others ears apparently. The staff REFUSES to kick anyone out or say anything to these couples so they put up with it. So as a result all the couples who have a reservation are now CAMPING OUT in the lobby pissed off waiting for their table. So really...someone loses out. I dislike this policy completely!

Finally around 10:50pm we finally were called back to our booth. We asked the waiter when his shift started and he said 3:15pm. We knew he was tired but he was lively nonetheless.

Ok great...we were finally sitting and we were HUNGRY! One of the owners came over and offered to buy us a round of drinks or a bottle of wine. We don't drink so we opted for some foo foo coffee drinks. He came back with them and gave us a $25 gift certificate to come back in the future...for our troubles. Hey that's nice but that could have been avoided had you kicked out the "campers" in our booth an hour prior.

We got our cheese fondue around 11:05pm and the salad showed up at 11:20pm and then the main course showed up at 11:40pm and then the chocolate fondue showed up at Midnight. See the pattern here? RUSH RUSH! Our waiter wanted to go home and rightly so. Who wants to gorge on chocolate at midnight? Not I said the fly. So it just sat there pretty much untouched and you can't bag it up to go. Waste of food and money.

We walked out at 12:15am exhausted and disappointed and rushed. There was no "camping" allowed by us that late at night.

So I've learned my lesson the hard way and vowed I would write a review about our experience to let you all know out there to NOT have a repeat of our very expensive mistake. Just avoid this place at ALL costs on Valentine's day. And if you go despite this review. PLEASE DON'T BE A CAMPER! Thank you.

2  Thank Traci B