“The home for the Homeless”
Review of Acacia Park

Acacia Park
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Poorly maintained, homeless people everywhere. Nice ice rink during the winter, nice fountain during the summer, but it's on the bottom of my list for parks.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

This is a dumping ground of homeless people who can get pushy asking for money. It also stinks like weed and is not a park I'd take children to--ever.

3  Thank AmyFish189
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Never! Never! After dark. I would not even go during the day. Homeless, drug deals, & prostitution. Panhandlers do not leave you alone. I do not feel safe as a 210 pound somewhat good shape male. I have ran by in early mornings but not without my gun. There are many other parks in town and none are as bad as this one. If you go there go as a group, be on the alert, and never stay after dark. I would never lay a blanket down in the park, because I have seen the transient urinating right in the middle of the park with no concern of anyone seeing them.

5  Thank CavemanHHH
Reviewed 30 November 2012

While this park is cute and in the middle of downtown, there are a lot of transients here. There are broad daylight drug transactions and many panhandlers. There is a super cute fountain there for the kids to play in, but I don't think I would feel safe there without my gun.

2  Thank Kareena R
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Classich small town park in the center of the small town shopping district. Beautiful trees, wonderful fountain and art within an easy walk to stores and restaurants. Unfortunately...completely taken over and "owned" by the local homeless population who eat at the nearby soup kitchen then hang out in large groups between meals. City government...clean this place up...it COULD be a wonderful neighborhood gathering place.... go now if you want to get high pressure solicitation, gawked at and feel like your in a microcosm of downtown Detroit.....

2  Thank ForestHarbinger