“Great horses and Guides. Loved the Garden of the Gods, beautiful scenery” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Academy Riding Stables

Academy Riding Stables
Stuart, Florida
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great horses and Guides. Loved the Garden of the Gods, beautiful scenery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Boy am I glad that I chose to view the Garden of the Gods on horseback. We went to areas that I would not have been able to hike and climbed rocks on the 2 hours ride.

I have not been on a horse in 30 years but the horses were great, well trained, had good tack, well cared for, easy to walk and they had small groups. Our guides told lots of funny stories and shared background on the park. I was amazed at how stable and great the horses were climbing up and down the hills. Tried to talk friend into coming back and doing it again!!

1 Thank Special12k

Wernersville, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“3 generations of family fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

My family recently visited the Colorado Springs area. My parents came along with us and my mom really wanted to go on a horseback ride, so we booked one with this outfit. We couldn't have had a more wonderful time! We arrived 45 mins. early, which is understandable as there is a need to match all of the riders with a suitable horse for your riding level and then there are the directions to go over. Then it is on to the horses and off on the ride. We went out with Mike and Spencer who were full of interesting facts about the park as well as being very helpful to both my husband on his percheron and my younger daughter on her horse Wilson. The views were spectacular, the pace of the ride was just right for all three generations that we had and I felt confident that both my young daughters and my mother were in great hands with the staff at the stables! I would highly recommend this ride as a great way to see breathtaking sites, Colorado wildlife, spend quality family time, and enjoy a bit of information about the area all while riding beautiful well kept horses on an authentic Colorado horse back ride, dust and all!!!! LOVED IT!!

1 Thank Heather Y
Iowa
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Pony rides for small children”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This was a great value for our three small grandchildren - ages 2 to 3 1/2. They accommodated our group so all three could have a pony ride at the same time. A picture came with the price. It was a nice introduction to sitting on these beautiful animals.

I would recommend this option for young children to experience riding a real horse!

2 Thank like2travel16
Dallas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best horseback ride in Colorado!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My son & I wanted to see Garden of the Gods & go horseback riding, so we got to experience both together! My kids were bored walking around Garden of the Gods in the past, but it is a must see. We have been on many horseback rides throughout Colorado.This was by far the best! Marlin led the group of 10 of us with Jess in the back. We learned so much about the Garden of the Gods. The trail was breathtaking. The horses were great. Everyone was professional & friendly there. I'd definitely do it again.

Heather Winters
Dallas,TX

Hallsville, Missouri
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Wonderful way to see the Garden of the Gods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I booked a 2 hour ride that had two stable wranglers for nine riders. The check-in went well and the wranglers gave good instructions on what to expect on the trail ride. We've been to the Garden of the Gods before and it was perfect to see it from the lens of 125 years ago. Marlon was our lead wrangler and was a blast.