“Amazing”

Colorado Springs, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was so worth it and amazing. The horses are well trained and the ride was just spectacular. Our guide was Cody She was great, friendly and fun to have the ride with. For sure I am doing this again soon!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Khaled A

Savannah
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Had a great time!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had a family horseback tour of the Garden of the Gods. Our wranglers were Rachel and Will. We all had a great time! The crew matched us well to our horses, matching our riding skills (or lack thereof), sizes, and tge horses desposition. After a 15 minute safety briefing, we set out for a great adventure. Not a simple pony ride around the park, we went up and down hills, around the towering rocks, among the pinon trees, and at one point, went rock-climbing over a rocky ridge! We felt totally safe, at the same time, excited to be there. As we rode, we received a narrative on the history of the park, it's earlier inhabitents, and the descriptions and names of the rock formations. Most of the ride was on the horseback - only trails, so we were not impacted by any hikers. As for Will, he kept us in stitches with his wry, cowboy humorous narrative. Be ready to get your picture taken by the crew for sale ($9) at the end of the ride. We would definitely recommend Academy to our friends and family!

1 Thank Parrotthead09
Stuart, Florida
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Great horses and Guides. Loved the Garden of the Gods, beautiful scenery”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Boy am I glad that I chose to view the Garden of the Gods on horseback. We went to areas that I would not have been able to hike and climbed rocks on the 2 hours ride.

I have not been on a horse in 30 years but the horses were great, well trained, had good tack, well cared for, easy to walk and they had small groups. Our guides told lots of funny stories and shared background on the park. I was amazed at how stable and great the horses were climbing up and down the hills. Tried to talk friend into coming back and doing it again!!

1 Thank Special12k
Wernersville, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“3 generations of family fun!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My family recently visited the Colorado Springs area. My parents came along with us and my mom really wanted to go on a horseback ride, so we booked one with this outfit. We couldn't have had a more wonderful time! We arrived 45 mins. early, which is understandable as there is a need to match all of the riders with a suitable horse for your riding level and then there are the directions to go over. Then it is on to the horses and off on the ride. We went out with Mike and Spencer who were full of interesting facts about the park as well as being very helpful to both my husband on his percheron and my younger daughter on her horse Wilson. The views were spectacular, the pace of the ride was just right for all three generations that we had and I felt confident that both my young daughters and my mother were in great hands with the staff at the stables! I would highly recommend this ride as a great way to see breathtaking sites, Colorado wildlife, spend quality family time, and enjoy a bit of information about the area all while riding beautiful well kept horses on an authentic Colorado horse back ride, dust and all!!!! LOVED IT!!

1 Thank Heather Y
Iowa
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Pony rides for small children”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This was a great value for our three small grandchildren - ages 2 to 3 1/2. They accommodated our group so all three could have a pony ride at the same time. A picture came with the price. It was a nice introduction to sitting on these beautiful animals.

I would recommend this option for young children to experience riding a real horse!

2 Thank like2travel16