“Great way to see Garden of the Gods”

Academy Riding Stables
Des Moines, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great way to see Garden of the Gods”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Well organized and professional. They explained in great detail everything about the horses as well as Garden of the Gods. Our guide was very nice and informative. I would highly recommend the 2 hour ride as you do have to travel 1/4 mile through a neighborhood before entering the park.

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Ride!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

As a horse owner, the first thing I want to see is healthy, happy horses......and we found them at ARS. The horses are well fed and well taken care of. The wranglers treat them well. Our second priority is safety and this establishment prioritizes the safety of the customer and their horses. The tack was comfortable as well, another plus on a trail ride. The scenery is gorgeous and the ride is challenging enough for an experienced rider, but there were many in our group that had never ridden before and were very pleased. Asha was our tour guide and she is fun, friendly and knowledgeable of the history and did an excellent job of pointing out all of the rock features along the trail.

2 Thank TxBluSky
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“fantastic”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great for the whole family. Walt and the entire staff was wonderful! Perfect for beginner riders too.

Visited June 2014
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The most unfriendly staff ever”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We took the 1 hour tour on 7/9
/2014 @ 3p.m. I have never seen such unfriendly staff anywhere in the U.S. Rosie who put us in groups made us feel we did not belong there. We were placed in the middle of the second group. We could not hear our guides, nor did they ever talked to us. When my horse stopped, I asked how to get him to go. No one answered, so I had to figure it out with my husband's help. No one ever asked us how we were or answered any of our questions. I dont know why they were so unfriendly. I am less than 100 lbs, my husband is 140. Maybe its our brown skin? Who knows. I went there based on good tripadvisor reviews, thus I am compelled to write. I had ridden before in many other parks. This staff was definitely the worst ever. The horses were cute, scenery was beautiful, but that had nothing to do with the stable

4 Thank anniebanerjee
Gardner, Kansas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“great day”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

staff very nice and helpful. had a great time, kids, parents, grandpa. even the city kid had a great time. did 2 hr ride and it was perfect. good instruction and tour of garden of the gods.