I consider myself fair in reviews and write about good and bad stays. I was really looking forward to staying here being that it was rated #1. The lobby was nice, check-in by Caitlin was ok, and the disappointment set in when I got into the room. I had a double queen room on the 2nd floor right above the pool area. The room smelled a bit off, like mildew and sewage, the furniture was scratched, and the towels were due to be replaced. I had asked for a room to be away from road noise and elevator noise and so instead got a room above the pool and had to listen to splashes and screams until a little past 10. Luckily, Donald was able to help me in the morning and took my request seriously and switched me to a different room on the same floor that's not above the pool. Unfortunately, that room was not any better overall. There was a different off putting smell in the room, almost like mildew and dirty gym clothes. The shower curtain didn't look like it was replaced, there was a yellow ring around the bottom of the toilet, and there was mildew around the tub - it seemed like the smell came from the bathroom. Instead of pool noise this room had the outdoor hot tub noise. The window stopper to keep the window locked was removed and I had to attempt to get it back on and the caulk around the AC was cracked. The desk was dirty with crumbs and dried up smudges of something.
On the plus side, the staff was nice and breakfast was the typical Hampton rotating breakfast.
Maybe the suites are updated and better but the normal double queens that I saw in just one trip were not ok and did not deserve to be #1 in town. I would not stay here again and not just because it doesn't deserve to be #1 but because the rooms were not what you would expect from a typical Hampton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- - Newest and closest Hilton family hotel to Air Force Academy- Within walking distance of new movie theater and restaurants- Free hot breakfast and wifi- Large indoor salt-water pool, outdoor hot tub, and fitness center- brand new beds and bedding - refrigerators and microwaves in every room- meeting space, business center, guest laundry, and convenience store- beautiful mountain views- Award winning hotel with all "Outstanding" quality assurance reviews. Top Hampton Inn & Suites in all of Colorado. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Air Force Academy
- Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy Hotel Colorado Springs
- Hampton Inn Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Hampton Inn