“Nice hotel but noisy”

Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 August 2014

There was one wedding and two corporate meetings, so lots of hall noise past midnight, despite the hotel posting signs asking guests to respect quiet hours between 10 PM and 8 AM. This was more a people problem than a hotel problem. The rooms are rather small. There is a little fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lauri B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for giving us feedback on your stay. I am really sorry you had some noise issues. We do try our best to steer our guest to a quiet environment while staying with us, but not always able to be 100% successful. Glad to hear that there were other things that seem to work out great for you.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The staff was very friendly. Hotel was very clean. Free breakfast was good. Location was OK for us. It's on the outskirts of town coming from Southern CO. However the cleanliness and cost made up the difference for the drive time we had each day.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We do appreciate that and the nice comments you made aobut our property. We are on the north end of town, however, we have easy access to the interstate that takes you anywhere in Colorado Springs pretty quickly. Come see us again when you come this way.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Colo Springs Air Force Academy to go to Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, Cliff Dwellings, Royal Gorge, Cave of the Winds, Cripple Creek, Woodland Park, etc. The room was perfect, the complimentary breakfast was great, and the entire hotel was clean and attractive. It is close to I-25 as a good launching point for day trips. Restaurants are also close, but not within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel for families or business.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wow...you sure did cover alot of territory while visiting. I am really glad to hear staying with us made it all the better for you acitive days. Thanks for letting us know about your visit with us.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Families with small kids would do well but for business or couples it could prove frustrating. The internet in hotel is good. Courtesy of staff during breakfast is stellar but maturity of the service desk is weak. Pool, hot tub, bath tub, and eveyrhing is small. Rooms are clean and quiet. Staff can be accomodating but you have to "earn it".

1  Thank Keith S
Lauri B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Colorado. Our breakfast host is awesome and she loves helping our guest in our breakfast...I will pass on your nice comment to her. We have some amazing front desk staff as well and I am sorry you did not feel that they were accomodating to your needs. I know they try to keep all our guest happy as much as possible. Our housekeepers work very hard and I know they will apprecite your comment on the clean rooms as well.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is not a 5 star hotel....it is a 3 star hotel that receives 5 stars on staff, cleanliness, breakfast and spirit. I will stay here again. Trip adviser advises me that I must have 200 characters in order to post. I live in Florida, I am happly married. I really enjoyed my trip to Colorado Springs. My dog's name is Lucy. Happy?

1  Thank Michael D

Thanks for the time you took to write a nice review on your stay....we do apprecite that. I like the name Lucy for your dog. :} Come visit with us again when you are back in beautiful Colorado Springs.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Reviews are not my forte. But, here goes: I stayed for a work week in August. This hotel is clean and well run. Staff is friendly and helpful. The room is spacious and comfortable with a very functional work desk. The couch was stiff, though. Breakfast was a little better than the usual fare, with a different selection of eggs / meat / potato each day. For a hotel, the Hampton served as a good home away from home.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate you choosign to stay with us on your recent trip to Colorado Springs. Thanks for the kind comments on our hotel as well. The couches are brand new so they do seem to be a little firm. Hope you can stop by again in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Nice looking hotel. Location ok. New part of town so not a lot around it but not too far. Breakfast good. Nice decor. Soft beds. Great pillows (4 per bed). BUT the room was really dirty! Blood and stains on curtains, hair on sheets, the shower/tile clearly had not been cleaned because it had soap all over it (NOT just water spots!). It's a shame because we picked Hampton because they advertise cleanliness. It seems like a newer hotel but with this kind of upkeep it won't be long before it's run down.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank MN789

Thank you for giving us such helpful feedback on your stay and our property. We do appreciate it as it helps up improve greatly in areas that we may overlook. I am sory for the areas that were not showing our standard of excellence and will definitely take care of them. Could you help me out and let me know what room you were in or the last name on the reservation so we can take care of that? I would appreciat that. You can call me at the hotel (719.598.6911) or leave me a message. Thanks SO much!