“Awesome B&B Experience”

The St. Mary's Inn
Longmont, Colorado
“Awesome B&B Experience”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I had a truly wonderful stay at the St. Mary's Inn. We wanted to have one last vacation as a couple as we recently found out that we are expecting and Zeno and Conchita treated us fabulously.

We stayed in the Linden Suite (the only room on the main floor of the house) which was very comfortably decorated and had a private bathroom. The bed slept great and the bathroom was modern and very clean.

Breakfast on all three days was fantastic and always included a great variety of fresh fruit. Conchita's French Toast and Belgium Waffles were amazing and Zeno and Conchita were very accommodating to my wife's requests for special foods.

The house is located just a few blocks North of downtown Colorado Springs and just a short drive from Manitou Springs and the Garden of the Gods. We loved having the ability to come back to our room during the day for a quick nap and it truly felt like we were in a home and not a hotel.

We both highly recommend staying here if you visit the Springs and we look forward to coming back as soon as we can!

Room Tip: The Linden Suite is on the main floor and has a private bathroom. It is located across the hall from...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Skillet49

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Austin, TX
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I don't write too many reviews but when I find a place that is truly outstanding, I'll let people know. And this place is outstanding.

The house was built in 1895 by a successful gold miner for his family of 4. In 1947, due to a room shortage after WWII, it was converted into multiple apartments. In 2001 the current owners reconverted it into a truly wonderful B&B. It took them almost 5 years to complete. All new wiring/plumbing and very nice decorating, makes is a really nice stay.

Conchita and Zino actually make the place even more special. We found ourselves to be the ONLY guests (rarity) this weekend. We ended up spending a good part of the morning, just enjoying the great breakfast Zino prepared (it was Mother's Day and he let Conchito sleep in!) and then chatting with the two of them. Fun time.

Zino gave us a tour of all the rooms since they were all unoccupied. Any one of them - YOU WILL ENJOY. I read a review where someone said their room was too small. I saw this room. Yes, it is smaller than the others, but its still very nicely appointed; clean; and comfortable. You can't go wrong with any room. I mean it.

We walked down to Tejon St. our first night and ate at Quinns Irish Bar. It's an easy walk to this "bar district". The surrounding neighborhood features other large and unique homes all built at the turn of the last century.

I'm not sure why this is not rated the #1 B&B by TripAdvisor. It is HIGHLY RATED on www.bedandbreadfast.com (http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/colorado-colorado-springs-thestmarysinn.html)

In short....Just Stay Here! You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Truthfully the are all great rooms with own baths. Book one based on your budget.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
West Linn, Oregon
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This place was recommended to me by other Colorado College parents and they were not wrong! Exceptional in all areas. Super clean, very quiet, comfortable bed, free wi-fi, excellent food and warm hospitality. I really didn't intend to eat a huge breakfast but the food was so good I couldn't resist. Conchita also takes your food preferences into account if you let her know. Conchita and Zeno made me feel like I was visiting relatives. There is private, safe parking off the street. We'll definitely return next time we go back to visit our son in the Springs! I wish I'd known about this gem before my son's junior year! Great value for your money too.

Room Tip: If you don't want stairs, you need to ask. There are three floors and I don't think there is...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was in town from Tennessee with my son, checking out Colorado College. He stayed on campus and I stayed at St. Mary's Inn. It is a very clean and cozy place from the 1890s. The owners are very nice and the food is great! I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I needed a little getaway. We found St Mary's Inn to be the perfect place. Warm, cozy, and the hospitality from Zeno and his wife went beyond. We loved our room-so very comfortable. Also, our breakfast was filled with wonderful food and plenty of good conversation and laughter. We highly
recommend it! Chuck in Denver

• Stayed February 2014
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed at St. Mary's for Valentine's day week just one night. Our room was very well maintained and very well decorated. Plenty of space. The home is also well appointed. Breakfast was out of this world. Very hard to eat it all but it was a shame to let anything go to waste. Zeno and Conchita were so welcoming and friendly. Very personable and they made everyone feel so comfortable. I highly recommend staying here on a multiple night basis. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The Cottonwood Suite was awesome with a King size bed
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Siloam
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed Zeno and Conchita's hospitality. Excellent food, well maintained inn. Great location with lots to do around it. It was fun to chat a bit with them at breakfast . Seemed like they enjoy what they are doing and we felt very welcome.

Recommended!

Awesome French toast!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,849 reviews
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
#19 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,205 reviews
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,063 reviews
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Colorado Springs Dwtn Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#35 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn...
#4 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,253 reviews

Been to The St. Mary's Inn? Share your experiences!