“Will eat here again!!”

Add it.
Taste of Thai Spice
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Expensive for a restaurant that does delivery but worth every penny. The lady on the phone was extremely nice as was the delivery guy. The food is truely authentic and taste like it is made from real fresh ingredients. Loved it and will definitely be ordering from them again!

1  Thank Mind33364

Reviewed 11 January 2012

This is definitely my favorite Thai place in Colorado Springs. The food is always very good, and they are great about adjusting the spice up or down to your preference. They make an excellent panang curry, and their pad thai is also very good. There is nothing fancy about the place - very basic and showing signs of wear. But the food is awesome, and that's all I'm looking for.

1  Thank law_girl_75
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I agree with previous reviewers: what a pleasant surprise! Very fresh tasting ingredients, and well-executed Thai standards. Not a lengthy menu; they obviously try to concentrate on doing a few things well.
I also agree with previous reviewers' misgivings about the restaurant itself. "The place looks like a couple of kids set up a pretend restaurant", from RSinSG, is particularly amusing and accurate. It also has a musty smell, and yes, it's hard to find, and is in a seedy strip mall. And the lady who took my order was extremely pleasant and friendly....but smelled powerfully of cigarette smoke.
Oh; and no liquor license.
So. Will we eat food from there again? Absolutely. The food's well above average, even compared to more cosmopolitan cities. But we'll be taking it home.

1  Thank marcolius
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Don't know how this restaurant gets good reviews.... I have been to Thailand and enjoy many Thai restaurants all over the USA but this one (the nearest Thai restaurant to my house) is definitely my least favorite of all time. Over the past 5 years I have been there about 10 times hoping it would improve or that I had simply come on an off day. The food is heavy with fish sauce. The service ranges from nonexistent to overly friendly but slow and clumsy. The kitchen will not make modifications (for example, less fish sauce) because the sauces are pre-made. There seems to be a slight layer of grease on the table settings like the hot sauce and artificial flowers that do not get cleared away between customers. The actual location is in a little strip mall in a barren neighborhood, next to a sex shop and close to an Army base. Seems to be popular with soldiers in uniform at lunch time. A general atmosphere of non-professionalism and lackluster food prevails.

1  Thank SunshineCheyenne
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We went here based upon the recommendations of this site. When we first drove to the parking lot I had my doubts as there is a seedy looking liquor store nearby and what looked like a shabby tattoo place in the strip mall. Then when we went in the front door I almost turned around as the place looks like a couple of kids set up a pretend restaurant. But, we figured we give it a try and we were glad we did.

The server was very pleasant and attentive. We ordered Pad Thai and a few other selections and the food was as good as I have had in much higher priced restaurants. The portions were much larger than expected and we all had more than enough to eat. We thought we saved room for the sticky rice / mango dessert and ordered two for three of us as they are usually so small you just get a taste. These were huge and we couldn’t finish them.

We will come here again should we make it back to Colorado Springs.

1  Thank RSinSG