“RUN, don't walk to Coquette's!!!”

Coquette's Bistro & Bakery
Reserve with OpenTable
Coquette's Bistro & Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 43 Dessert in Colorado Springs
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Description: 100% GLUTEN FREE and multiple award winners in several categories. It's hard to believe that our offerings are GF. A groovy atmosphere, cocktails, warm relaxed environment and yet family friendly.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We ate at Coquette's last year when they were in Manitou Springs. We were so anxious to come back. We had been dreaming about their fried chicken for MONTHS. It was as good as we remembered! We ate here 3 times in the 7 days we were in Colorado. We also had the fish and chips, hamburger, truffle fries, lemon bars, sugar cookies, blueberry bagels and plain bagels. AND...we took LOTS of goodies home with us.
As someone with Celiac Disease, it was heavenly to walk into a restaurant and be able to order ANYTHING from the menu and feel safe.
BEST FOOD EVER!!!!

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I dined here with my husband and daughter and we each ordered something different, each of which was delicious! My daughter really enjoyed the grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich which was a fun change from typical kids' menus.
My fish and chips were pretty good, the accompanying truffled fries and cole sale were very tasty. It was so nice being able to select anything on the menu and know it was gluten free. Out whole family is gluten free for medical reasons and it can be hard to find decent options when eating out on vacation.
We finished our meal sharing a vegan chocolate cupcake (chosen by my daughter for the appearance, not because it was vegan) and it was really delicious!!
Over all it was a great first experience and we will definitely go back the next time we are in town!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Its hard to make a negative post but it needs to be done. If I were to review their previous location and service it would be an entirely different story. Needless to say my experience at their new location was a complete disaster. Service: Horrible - We waited over 10 minutes to be greeted by our server. He didn't introduce himself or his companion (I think she may have been training), After we waited for the best part of a hour we attempted to cut our losses and leave. We tried to pay for our coffee and go; but the smarmy unidentified server wanted to argue about how long we had already been waiting. Not a good impression to make. Even though, we thought better of it we were assured that our food was going to be out next. It wasn't and we waited longer. It finally did arrive which leads me to my next point. Food: lackluster and soggy/greasy My dish was their fish n' chips. The tartar sauce was slopped onto the plate, resembling some sort of regurgitation, very unappealing. My fries were strangely overcooked, soggy and cold all at the same time. Two pieces of the fish were good but one had funky breading which couldn't be consumed. Lastly the atmosphere: Outwardly very nice but it was super loud. It sounded like I was dining in a cheap cafeteria. I could barely hear my lunch companions.

~ Please, Coquettes take a cue from your successes in Manitou Springs and bounce back. I would love to update this back to a 5 star rating. A rating you would have rightfully earned earlier days.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We've followed Coquette's from their location in Manitou Springs to the heart of Colorado Springs. The NOT-SO-GOOD: Parking is as difficult to find on a Saturday evening as it was in the old place.The crepe selection has been reduced to four, three savory and one sweet. My favorite hadn't made the cut. It took a little longer than we'd have liked for the dinners to be served. Instead of the smaller rooms that they had in their former home, this is one large room that will need some noise remediation. The GOOD: It's in an active part of downtown Colorado Springs. The ambience is more modern, with clean lines and soft lighting. Greeters and wait staff are friendly. The menu (which I hope will be in larger print when finalized)seems to carry higher prices and is much more diverse, with burgers and lots of meat dishes added, but still, thankfully, GLUTEN FREE. Our group of four had, among us, a large salad with beets, a side mixed salad with lavender vinaigrette, salmon bisque, the "Tula" crepe with chicken and vegetables, well-seasoned VEGAN polenta with vegetables, and salmon with asparagus. All but the last were tasty. The salmon was all right, but had been listed as coming with a strawberry purée and instead had just a few strawberry slices on top. All were presented beautifully. Overall the experience was good. We will return.