“Nice hotel, thin walls”

Ranked #29 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Oklahoma
“Nice hotel, thin walls”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed at this property one night when we were passing through Colorado Springs. The area was not that great but, the hotel is newer and was nice. The hotel was very clean and had a nice breakfast. The walls were very thin and I could hear next door. Our floor and room also had a funny smell. The room was very large and we had room to spread out which was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 10 nights. I loved it I would come back many times the bed was nice and the rooms were clean best hotel ever now I go there every 2 years!!!!!! I want to stay here again soon. I can't wait for the next trip!!!! :D

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We were at this property for four nights. The parking lot was full every night and breakfast area packed every morning. Neither of us heard a thing through the walls that are mentioned in several previous posts - and thankfully so, I was pretty worried about the potential for noise as this was mentioned by several. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The evening front desk lady was especially helpful and efficient. The room was the standard Springhill layout, properly equipped, tidy and refreshed perfectly every morning. We can't bring ourselves to eat in the public areas anymore - just too many people showing up in night clothes. But the area looked nice and those there seemed to be enjoying their breakfasts. I saw a waffle machine (but my wife caught me looking) and there was no chance to sneak one in. The pool area was jammed. We didn't go, but it was really packed every night. (this stay was over Memorial Day weekend). We would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: This place is close to the airport, but we never heard an airplane. We faced the back of the proper...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a well managed hotel. The staff was absolutely. The breakfast buffet was excellent and very well maintained. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It was one of the best stays ever in a Marriott hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Hadley, New York
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed at the Springhill Suites two seperate times during Sept 2012. Rooms were clean - front desk service was wonderful. Breakfast each morning was average - but appreciated as we didnt have to stop for a bite to eat.

The only con about the room is the air conditioner blows directly onto the bed. while it's nice to have the air flow - it blows directly on you and I ended up with a stiff neck both times I stayed here.

Would stay at this hotel again. Very convenient location.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I stayed here for a work trip last week. First let me say that it is extremely well maintained and seems to have a higher-end feel to it that other Springhill Suites that I have visited. Extremely friendly staff. The fitness center has a treadmill, ellipse and stationary bike - but they do provide you a free pass to Max Fitness as well. The breakfast had a good selection and varied a little during the week. The only complaint I have is that the walls are paper thin. I could clearly hear the conversation of the family next door and anyone in the hallway - they were not being quiet, but not being overly loud either.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Palm Coast, FL
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This is a well managed hotel. Despite the fact it was a little out of the way from our travel plans, we trust the brand and it worked remarkably well this time. The staff was absolutely great and I hope they read this because I want them to to know how much they are appreciated. They gave us superb directions on site seeing. The breakfast buffet was excellent and very well maintained. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It was one of the best stays ever in a Marriott hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms have mountain views so don't worry about what room you get.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family