“Liked hotel except for the noise”

SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South
Ranked #35 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
San Diego, California
“Liked hotel except for the noise”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Large hotel. Clean and modern. Nice breakfast offered in a bright room in the morning. Appreciated the coffee and tea that was available all day. Workout room is small with 3 pieces of equipment, but I never had a problem waiting for a machine. Rooms are large. Beds were comfortable. I would stay here again if it weren't for the noise. I could hear neighbors next door showering, talking, and the noise from doors in the hallway closing was the loudest in any hotel we stayed at during our weeklong trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
andy h, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
We would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South. Our hotel will be renovating in early 2015 and we will be looking into some additional sound proofing in our hallways and rooms. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
kitchener
Reviewed 28 July 2014

As with most reviewers I too had a very positive experience with the staff at this hotel. In particular I wanted to give my thanks to Matt at the front desk - he was very helpful and basically mapped out most of my trip through Colorado Springs - saved me a whack of time and gave me a couple of really good spots to visit that only a local would know about.

Hotel is very clean, quiet, up to date and affordable. Comes with fridge and microwave. The pullout beds are huge convenience especially when you have 4 kids to worry about. I also appreciated the extra effort for being a Marriott rewards member. Not all Marriott properties go the extra block for their members, but this place did and those are the things that don't go by un-noticed.

Excellent hotel if you have a larger family with kids. Would highly recommend and would definitely stay again....

1 Thank little_CRO
We would like to thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We were also thrilled to hear about our night auditor Matt going above and beyond, providing you with a detailed breakdown of our area to enhance your experience in Colorado Springs. We would also like to thank you for your Marriott loyalty and hope you continue to use Marriott for many years to come.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights for business travel. Pretty good amenities offered such as complimentary wireless, breakfast option, a small workout room and a small pool, which I didn't not use. Service wise, the front desk lady checking me in was friendly but the guy who checked me out sort of not organized and gave me the receipt of different guest...

Overall the room is nice and spacious, with microwave, mini fridge and good working desk. However, the pillows are too soft for my liking. The housekeeping staff kept leaving all decaf coffee in my room, which doesn't affect me much since the hotel pretty much keeping pot of coffee at all time in the lobby...one of the day the housekeeping pretty much left all the cups and coffee pot unwashed, which was not acceptable in my opinion....

Breakfast option is OK, I'm not the type of person who gets tired of eating the same stuff everyday, but for others who enjoy a bit more variety they might be disappointed...the breakfast area staff is attentive, they will refill coffee whenever they are informed of running out...

Room Tip: I requested a upper floor but it is at the back of the hotel so the view wasn't that great but i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tim n
andy h, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank your for taking the time to give us your honest feedback regarding our SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South. We will be addressing the items of concern with our front desk staff as you should have received the correct hotel folio at check out. We have already addressed the cleanliness concerns with housekeeping regarding your stay and apologize for any inconvenience. Lastly our hotel and the SpringHill Suites brand are currently looking into rotating more breakfast items for our guests who are with us for an extended period of time. We again thank you for your comments and choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here for three nights, and we could not have been happier! We wanted something CLEAN and up-to-date. It was perfect. We asked for an upper room and had a beautiful view! Check-in was easy and quick. Service was helpful and friendly. We asked for extra pillows and towels. They were very accommodating. The mini fridge and microwave were enough for what we needed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We had a great stay!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Leslie M
Temecula
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, well maintained. Very nice staff, always greeting with a smile. Rooms were large and the beds were extremely comfortable, I was surprised since that usually isn't the case. Each bed came with 5 comfy pillows. We never had to use the pullout so can't say how comfortable that was.
Large toilet/shower area with decent water pressure. Rooms have a small kitchenette that is perfect for heating up leftovers or goodies brought in on your own.
Breakfast is included and it is standard but the coffee was outstanding.
The only negatives are that the walls are thin, we could hear neighbors on both sides and the a/c fan unit blows directly onto the side of the bed so we had to use a towel and anchor it down with a backpack to keep it from directly hitting us.
If we ever return to this area, we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jeri O
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Can't say enough good things about the great staff working this hotel. Quite possibly the best service we've experienced at any other hotel we've stayed at over all our years of traveling. From the helpful (manager I assume) that walks the lobby and food area in the morning greeting everyone and making sure they have what they need to the front desk staff who couldn't have been more helpful had they tried.

The room itself was big and clean, We had a great view of Pikes Peak from our room.

Would recommend!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of Pikes Peak
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seasideArizona
Thank you for the very kind words regarding our award winning staff at our SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South. I am also very pleased that you enjoyed the beautiful view of Pikes Peak from your guest room. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Van, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Total satisfaction with this property! I utilize Springhill Suites on a regular basis and this location for vacation could not be beat. "Meagan" at the front desk is a super employee to have. She went out of her way to add on July 4th to my itinerary when the computer would not let me and every time I went for a hot fresh cup of coffee (no matter the time), she made sure it was available :-) *Positive-upbeat personality and I hope this goes towards her achievements!*

Breakfast was hot and enjoyable. The only thing I would like to recommend, change-up your hot foods ie: we were there for 4 days and scrambled eggs and sausage every day is not appeasing. Where's bacon? or Omelet?(Make egg patties not scrambled) another suggestion: Hot biscuits and gravy with potatoes for breakfast one morning. Another location of Springhill does alter out foods. Food for thought :-)

Anyone can get a wonderful Mountain View on the front side on any floor. Originally had 4th floor but moved to 2nd floor due to not wanting a handicap room. The view was just as good from the 2nd as the 4th.

Superbly clean room upon entry. Towels replenished daily, beds straightened up and nothing touched that didn't need to be. Kudos to the housekeeping staff!

All in all, keep of the terrific work and if my party ever returns to Colorado Springs again, we definitely will be staying here!!

1 Thank Loretta B
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at our SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South. We are very pleased that you enjoyed Megan’s smile and professionalism during your stay. We also enjoyed reading how you enjoyed our housekeeping service and Pikes Peak mountain views from your guest room. I also wanted to inform you that we will be looking into rotating our breakfast items more, as we know some of our guests are here for an extended period of time.