“Good Stay”

Ranked #13 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Palm Bay, United States
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Overall it's a good stay. The internet connection/wifi was a little slow in the the room. Temperture controls seemed off realing cold and then warm with out adjusting anything. Food better value is to eat out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

pacvictor, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Kenneth S,
I want to personally thank you for taking the time and proving us with feedback from your recent stay. I have shared your comments with our staff, and we our engineering team has begun taking extra measures to continuously monitor the HVAC system 24 hours a day. We would love to see you again in the future!
Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Being a Hilton Honors Gold member I have stayed at most of the Hilton brands. This was my first stay at a Garden Inn due to a friends early morning flight from Colorado Springs. Check in was a breeze, staff was very friendly and efficient and settled into a rather comfortable room. I had read the negative reviews about the restaurant but my friend was anxious to have dinner and turn in so we tried the in house restaurant . MISTAKE. the pork loin was dry and tough with some bottled barbecue sauce poured on top, the "crispy" grilled salmon was mush. The salad was finally served only after I asked and a moment later the main course arrived. I asked for butter but all the hotel offers is a commercial margarine :( . Two bites of the pork loin ended my meal and suggested to my friend we try another place but he didn't want to due to the time. Server did eventually come by to check and apologized and I asked for the check. It arrived and the server announced he had discounted my meal 20% since it wasn't satisfactory. At first I asked for the manager but after a wait I just signed the room charge and returned to the room. The phone rang and it was the server telling me that he had removed the charge and bringing me an edited charge to sign and explained that he couldn't offer more than the 20% discount without approval of a higher up. Doesn't seem like a regular Hilton policy to keep a server from correcting an issue on the spot. Frankly I'm not sure why this property even bothers with a dinner service considering the ongoing issues previously expressed from past guests. If I ever have reason to stay here in the future I will definitely give the restaurant a pass .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear JSCollins,
I would like to thank you for taking the time and providing us with such great feedback. Our industry thrives on these comments in order to continuously improve ourselves. We are currently in the process of reviewing our restaurant procedures, as we will do whatever it takes to ensure that our entire hotel experience is a perfect 10. Please call me the next time you are in town, I would love the opportunity to treat you to a perfect dining experience!
Millbrook, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife left her watch in the room. I called the hotel from the Atlanta Airport and asked if they could check the room for the watch. I was called back within 5 minutes and told they found the watch and would mail it to my home address in Alabama. I got the watch the next day! Thanks for all your help!! I will definitely being staying at the Hilton Garden Inn the next time I am in Colorado Springs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Greg G,
Thank you so much for the great feedback! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Please let us know the next time you plan on coming to the area, we will have the shuttle ready to pick you up!
cleveland,ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is minutes away from the airport without the noise of planes flying over.
The front desk staff is excellent in every way.
The room is very clean and has a mini frig and microwave. The food was very good. They have veggie flavored water in the lobby.
They even have a charging port on the night stand on your room....love that!
There doesn't seem to be much to do around the area but if you have a rental car, parking is free.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear tayshan1,
Thank you so much for the great feedback! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Please let us know the next time you plan on coming to the area, and we will take great care of you once again!
Longmont, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel and room were nice enough, no complaints. I always stay at Hampton Inn's where breakfast is included so (this being a sister hotel similarly priced) I went to the breakfast buffet here and got a light breakfast which was nothing special, on par with a Hampton breakfast. It wasn't until I got up to leave that I saw the small print sign in the corner of the room stating that breakfast is $12 and I got slapped with a bill. This should be made much clearer to your guests. I would not have had cereal and coffee if I'd known I was paying $12. What a complete ripoff. Will definitely stay at the Hampton instead next time.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Justin G
pacvictor, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Justin G,
We wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on the hotel. I would like to personally apologize for any confusion that may have encountered with your breakfast. While Hilton Garden Inn Hotels do not provide a complimentary breakfast, we do have great packages available, including our bed & breakfast package, which significantly reduces the cost of breakfast. With Hilton Garden Inn Hotels, our breakfast is made to order, includes fresh shell eggs to accompany our made to order omelet station. I would love for you to experience this breakfast, on us. The next time you are in town, please contact me, and we will make this happen!
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel has consistently delivered quality and friendly service. The staff are outstanding. Best hotel experience (among many) in the last 12 months. We will always stay at this hotel in Springs because of the friendly culture that the staff have maintained over the years

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear BLWIssler,
We truly appreciate your loyalty, thank you! We look forward to seeing you agagin soon, and we will have the hot meal ready!
Colorado Springs, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The staff is awesome at this location. You're always greeted with a smile and everyone seems genuinely concerned with making tour stay as pleasant as possible. However the rooms could use better sound insulation, especially between floors as I was awakened in the middle of the night on more than one occasion by someone simply walking on the floor above.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

pacvictor, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Paul R,
Thank you for the great feedback! We do have an incredible staff, and we feel very lucky for that. I have passed your information along to our ownership team as well, as these comments do help us to make improvements in the future.
We do hope to see you againsoon!