“Bitter sweet!”

Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #14 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very nice. Weekday you expect at $150 + a night. The night staff very professional and pleasant. However....I booked through hotels.com for my first night so I paid online. Upon arrival at 11pm they wanted my card for incidentals. Which I gave to them. They authorized $30. By 8 in the morning they had now authorized $60. I called the front desk Because we wanted to extend and to ask why the authorized $60. She explained and told me it would be $119 plus tax to extend do $130 something. I agreed and informed her I wanted to pay cash upon departure she said fine. Checked out next day, pay cash for night and left. Authorizations dropped off later that day. 2 days later I have charges from hotel again. I call general manager pat. At first she's nice, but eventually turns. She lies, never calls back, and just says what she thinks you want to hear. A week later I still don't have my money. Very sad.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
pacvictor, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear carieprince,
I want to personally thank you for providing such great feedback, and also offer a personal apology for the frustration you have encountered. We do have such a great hotel, and our staff is a crew to be proud of. I will take a look at your account ASAP, and get this rectified immediately for you. If there is anything I can do to be of assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
719-622-0300

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great stay.. room service food was excellent. The beds were very comfortable and the staff accommodated us very well during our stay. The only thing would be is to take the chlorine level down a bit for the pool..... kids complained of heavy chlorine all the time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
pacvictor, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear herbiethecat,
We really appreciate the great feedback! I'm not too sure which room type you had, but all of our king size beds have the "Choose your Snooze" dial, where you can determine the firmness you want, and they are great! I have also passed along the information on the pool, thank you so much.
We look forward to to seeing you agagin soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is the second time this year I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and once again it did not disappoint me. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I was greeted each time I entered the lobby with a smile and a welcome or hello. There is a small bar with week night drink specials, such as half off beer from 5-7 pm. They have a kitchen that serves dinner from 5 - 10 pm nightly. The menu is not large but they have a variety to include a kids menu. In the morning they have a cook to order breakfast for $11.95. The price is a little high but they do offer a good choice of breakfast items to choose from. The hotel is 10 minutes from the airport and close to most shopping and/or dinning. Next time business takes me to Colorado Springs I am sure I will try and stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms with king beds have a firmness adjustment knob on the side of the bed. Along the lines of...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
pacvictor, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear dbmacgregor,
We love hearing such great feedback, thank you! I have shared all of your comments with our staff as well. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next trip with us. We look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Reserved room on line with no issues. When I arrived at the hotel I was informed that the rooms did not have a sofa as indicated on the hotel web site.

After a long discussion with the desk clerk we agreed on a roll a way bed.

Breakfast starts at 7am which is usually not a issue at all....Except....When going to Pikes Peak and getting on the 8am train, you have to be there by 7:30 or you will lose your seat, hence you should have some arrangements for your guests that are going to Pikes Peak and getting on the early train, I bet there are many....

Dear Carol F,
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Colorado Springs! We would be more than happy to prepare a breakfast bag that is available to go in the early hours. We will ensure this is ready for your next trip!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The hotel is nicely positioned from the airport (about 2.5 miles) with easy access to the freeways. Good cross streets give good access to downtown and the businesses there as well. Early morning departures are a snap with the proximity to the airport. The rooms are quiet (even with the occasional obnoxious quest). Nice pace to stay.

Dear 999williamc2014,
We truly appreciate the kind words! We are proud of our hotel, and love to see our return guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a very nice location. The Lobby and the rest of the hotel is beautiful. Nice large rooms and lots of extras such as the pool and hot tub are indoors to allow year round use. Pretty nice workout room with lots of sizes of free weights to use Several treadmills and elliptical machines. Breakfast and coffee in the mornings. Coffee maker, microwave and small fridge in the room too. I am looking forward to my next stay here.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you, Robert Lee T, we are looking forward to your next stay as well! Please let me know if I can be of assistance in booking your next reservation!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The staff was wonderful and the rooms were very comfortable. There isn't a complimentary breakfast and there was passable free wireless internet. Good for the business traveler and I would consider staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
pacvictor, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Shannon K,
We truly appreciate such great feedback! It is a great hotel, and we are so very proud off our team. The next time you are in town, please also inquire of a bed and breakfast package, this is definitely a beneficial route to go. We look forward to seeing you again soon!