“Hope this isn't the best they can offer.”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #49 of 1,643 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: An award-winning steakhouse famous for serving Certified Angus Beef® steaks. Each steak is cooked to perfection with Saltgrass-7 Steak Spice, and topped with garlic butter. All breads, dressings, soups and desserts are made from scratch daily. Great food and legendary hospitality make Saltgrass an enjoyable experience for the whole family.
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Interesting visit... Started with training day, waitress and newbie in tow. Ordered drinks, another new person does the delivery and dumps the wine and water all over the table, himself and me. No big deal, stuff happens. Manager comes in, apologizes and comps the drinks, except we wait 10 plus minutes for the wine and water to return. Original waitress returns to take our orders and then we wait, another 15 minute wait and the manager finally shows up with the salads. A couple minutes later the steaks show up. I ask to keep them warm while we finish our salads. Three minutes later yet another pair of servers return with our food. I give up and they leave our plates.

The good news, the food was very good and cooked correctly.

The bad news is one would expect decent service but after being drenched right off the bat, they would try to make it up during the rest of the visit.

Had a talk with the manager about the ordeal and she comped the complete meal and apologized again. End of story..... Not quite, the original waitress (which I hadn't seen since the very beginning) shows up with our bill......

They obviously need to fix the lack of communication within the store because I lost track of all the different servers we had during dinner.

I will probably give them another shot, it can't be that bad all the time. Maybe just a really off day for the staff?

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We came in to Celebrate A birthday! The food was amazing! The service we had an issue with but the awesome manager Sean took care of that issue. We had for an app Range rattlers which were shrimp jalapeño poppers then I had a steak that came with melted butter on it and sweet potato fries. My son had ribs with sweet potato fries and bbq shrimp! Our meals were delicious! I highly recommend anyone in the Colorado Springs area checking out this place!!!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Seated right away which I expected on a Wednesday. Waiter slow to the table. None of the appetizers looked good so I got the smothered steak with steak fries, but didn’t get that. These people should google what “steak fries” are because what I got were little cut up skin-on potatoes. That’s not what the rest of us call steak fries.

Steak was only decent, no real taste to speak of. Lots of fat and tough meat to chew through. I imagine it was a pretty cheap cut but at $28 I expected more. One of the mushrooms had a hard stem (at least I think that’s what it was).

My wife got the chicken fried chicken and mashed potatoes and said it was good.

Iced tea was really good, and the honey mustard salad dressing was good. Unfortunately the steak ruined it.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Tried this location for dinner one night with my wife. We had BBQ Shrimp and Ribeye as well as Chicken Fried Chicken. The flavors were all very good and the service was great. The steak was cooked perfect and had great taste for sure. Would come back here again. Only thing to note was price, expensive, $100 for two people for dinner, so would say this would be fine dining prices for a steak house atmosphere. I think you get better value at Longhorn or similar places, but, the food here was good and I would try again.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Chelsea was a ton of fun!! Good food. Grilled shrimp was delicious Rib eyes tender!! Chocolate martinis were over the top!!!