“Good Value Good Quality”

Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
Ranked #39 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 8 August 2013

First, I think it is critical to note that there is no bad smell here. I read some of the other reviews and was very worried about this.

Booking:
Reggie was helpful and very clear in his descriptions of the options available. Reservations were made with minimal difficulty

Arrival:
Check in went smoothly, and I was surprised (but shouldn't have been) that my special requests were communicated to the front desk and honored.

Room:
Clean. There was no smells at all. Room was not moist at all.

Parking:
Came at a busy time, but parking was adequate

Breakfast:
This is no continental breakfast. It was a full wonderful. For eggs, they had hard boiled and scrambled. There were several types of cereals (hot and cold), yogurt, bacon, fresh pancakes, and pastries of every variety.

Noise:
We had a very quiet room (I asked for a quiet one).

Notes: I went with business class for the larger bed, refrigerator. I didn't use the microwave.

Room Tip: Consider business class for the extra $10. Quiet rooms with more amenities. Even the regular rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We started out on a very bad foot. I had reservations but arrived much earlier than anticipated. The gentleman (I use the term loosely) at the counter would not let me check in earlier. Understood, after all it was 4:00 in the morning. I had handed him my reservation and he literally threw it back at me when he said NO. I asked about another room that he would consider prorating (as check out is 11:00) again he said no. He was a very rude man! I'm sure we woke him up but if he didn't like being woke up he shouldn't work that shift! We ended up staying at another hotel across the street for those few hours. We had driven all night and needed some sleep! All of that behind us when we finally checked in we were met by Reggie. What a difference! Reggie is the man! We got an early check in, a room with a view and a big smile each time we saw him! Rated the service "Very Good" because of Reggie. Wanted to give him an Excellent but at the same time I had to consider that other person who was my first impression of the front desk.

Room Tip: Don't know if there is a perfect room. We had our windows open because of the cooler nights and...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My entire family and I have been vacationing at the Quality for years and years. Just 2 summers ago it was spectacular. Apparently there has been some detrimental management changes since. It used to have a family feel about it. The staff cared about us! Front desk was so attentive. And everything was in good repair. Really clean too... not anymore. What a shame that ownership didn't appreciate what they had. Now it's gone. At least Reggie is still a welcome and smiling face. But when the halls stink, the bathrooms have mold... and very little even operates properly. We will no longer be go back there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel is located in a decent part of Colorado Springs and is only a few miles from the Garden of Gods Park. The facility is a bit worn but OK overall. The room is clean and quiet. There are several restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2013

What a great find in Colorado Springs. We just wanted a quick getaway from home. We found the hotel staff very friendly, the rooms clean and the breakfast more than we expected. Our room had a great view of Pikes Peak. It had a comfortable bed and enough movie channels to satisfy our late night needs. Breakfast had a really cool pancake maker as well as the standard scrambled eggs and bacon. We didn't use the pool, but it looked just fine. The front desk clerk was very helpful in recommending a few local restaurants that were close by.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We recently stayed at the Quality Inn in Colorado Springs, CO. This hotel is a great value for those who like to have a good location from which to see the natural wonders of this area. The room was clean and in good repair. The continental breakfast was excellent! The pool was warm and the exercise room was amply equipped. The hotel even has a computer and printer in the lobby to print out boarding passes for the guests. Nice touch! Though this is not a 5 star hotel, it is a good, solid value many travelers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2013

OMG, worst experience of my life. What a waste of good money and no refunds either. Very unclean, and bad odors too. This place is in need of a serious makeover. The pictures on the website dont look anything like the actual hotel does now. Avoid this place, especially if you have children.

Room Tip: Avoid this place. Not worth it at all.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ArmyBratt90210
Steve R, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Unfortunately, you visited us during a problematic time at our hotel. After much research, we finally determined that one of the chemicals being used by our housekeeping staff was creating a unpleasant odor which permeated many of our rooms. We have since removed this chemical and eliminated the problem you referred to. I am sorry that you visited us during this period. Please rest assured that our hotel is back to the award winning status that has gained us five Gold Awards from Choice Hotels for cleanliness the past five years. Please call our General Manager, Richard if you would like to stay with us again.