All reviewsseparate buildingfront deskroom was cleanwafflesvillage innroom keypikes peakhard boiled eggswould stay here againnice staystayed nightshot breakfastfresh fruitshort drivemanitou springsconvenient locationreggie
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Staff was rude over the phone when booking. That should have been my first clue what to expect. When I arrived, I checked in, got my room key, and loaded all of my stuff onto a cart. When I got to the room, it wreaked of cigarette smoke and the room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk and she said she would meet me and get me into another room. I stopped my kids and our cart full of belongings at the door and went to meet staff for a new room. She went to several dirty rooms before finally finding one that was ready. She made things right by bringing us some snacks for our trouble. She was sincerely apologetic and I appreciated that. The next time she saw me, she asked if things were better. Also appreciated. Then I asked a guy at the desk what time late check out was. He said possibly as late as 4:00, which would have worked well for my schedule as I am here for business. He said the manager would call me. He did not. But I called him and regardless of telling him about my bad experience upon arrival, he was unwilling to extend check out past 1:00. In fact, he said he would charge me a full night if I left at 4:00. The walls are thin and I could hear my neighbor taking his morning dump, the room was not clean by even my kids' standards, the hotel has a foul smell and I would not stay here again. Breakfast was good, if that's all you care about. I would not say that hospitality is their strong point, which is not good since that's what they sell. Award winning hotel? Nowhere near that level. Renovated? Maybe 30 years ago. Stars? 2.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank britbran78
Richard W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time for submitting your review. Reviews help assess how our staff is performing and address concerns of our guests.
I aopologize for the situation you encountered on your check-in day. We had an issue with updating rooms in the system that day and unfortunately you ell vicitim to a mistake.
I am glad to see that our staff reacted well and took some extra steps to accommodate you and your family and brought you some items for your inconvenience.
I am also sorry that you felt the offer for a 1PM check-out was not suffient. Our posted check-out time is 11AM,and I did try to offer a time that might help you. Our hotel finds its greatest demand for rooms with 2 queen beds. Extending until 4PM would not allow our housekeeping staff suffient time to clean the room for another guest.
Ownership is renovating this Fall. We hope that we might have a future oppotunity in accommodating you.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed here with two young kids, one teenager and my cousin in July (two adults - three kids). My cousin booked this room which I believe was labeled as a suite. What it ended up being was two adjoining rooms! So we had two bathrooms, two full beds and one pull-out couch, divided between two rooms. It was a pleasant surprise to have two bathrooms. I will say it was not a super-clean room and could use some updating - old tile and fixtures. But we paid under $120 in July so being that it was peak vacation season we couldn't complain too much. The outdoor pool was nice for the kids as we had sunny weather. The complimentary breakfast was so-so. I'm a bit of a coffee snob so I had to head out for better coffee elsewhere. If you're trying to save some money this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask about the suite if you need extra space. It's a good deal.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We recently stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. The hotel is very clean and neat. The rooms are nothing special if you want luxury but were clean and tidy.

The location in proximity to things to do in Colorado Springs is GREAT. The service from the hotel staff is wonderful especially of you get Andrea at the front desk, she is a delight.

The breakfast is a typical continental breakfast but there is a village inn right next door.

The pool was closed which was a disappointment as I was told when I booked it was available..

This is a nice hotel but not the best in the world. For one or two nights it is good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stopped while driving and saw this location. The young man at the front desk clarified some details for us with our choice hotel points...that the previous hotel totally messed up. He waited until we called the 800 number to get it straight. For such a young man, his friendliness and professionalism was outstanding. The room was just fine...very clean...and a great location. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had been traveling for 14 hours, 2 of them looking for a place to stay. We were discouraged and exhausted by the time the forth hotel told us they had no rooms available. Fortunately, the clerk at this hotel knew that the Quality Inn and Suites had available rooms, because Daniel had called her that afternoon to let her know.

She called him to verify that they still had rooms, and Daniel asked to speak to me. He must have sensed how exhausted we were, because he was very reassuring that he would hold the rooms for us, and made sure I had his name and phone number, in case we had trouble with directions.

We were very grateful that we had a place to stay that night. The rooms were clean and nice, and we had a good breakfast the next morning.

The desk clerk on duty in the morning was very courteous and helpful, and printed out directions for us to get to our next destination.

It’s unusual to find good customer service these days, but this hotel staff is all about customer service.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Janetflynch
Richard W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our stafff prides itself on Award Winning service. It is refreshing and assuring to see that our efforts made for an enjoyable experience with you. We hope we become your first choice when travelling back to Colorado Springs.