“Outstanding Service”

Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
Ranked #41 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 22 May 2010

This hotel is a sleeper. They couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. Concerned about your comfort and went out of their way to satisfy your needs. They are trying hard and seem to be accomplishing their task. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Thanks for making our trip so enjoyable

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tmterie

Reviewed 8 May 2010

This is for 555 Garden of the Gods Rd - there is another Quality Inn about a block down.
It's clean, typical/average for a Quality Inn. I ran into issues, and as is often the case, the manner in which they were handled sticks out more than the issue itself. The heater in my room was not putting out hot air, and their were freeze warnings out overnight. I discovered this around 9p. The desk clerk kept trying to tell me it worked. Then she said she would bring extra blankets. She kept saying they had no other rooms, but I jumped on their website and saw at least half a dozen rooms at an equal rate. The she told me they could switch rooms, but the new room wouldn't have a 'peak view.' As it was, I was on the first floor, so the 'peak view' was partially obstructed by trees and the dumpster wall for the Chick-fil-a next door. Desk clerk then came by to 'reset' the heater. It worked for about a minute. I'm no mechanic but am pretty mechanically savvy, and couldn't find any kind of reset button. The next day a maintenance person replaced the heater...but then it continued to run for several minutes after being shut off.
Plus...
The internet connection here was awful. It was slow, and I had to reset the browser (close all windows and reopen) for both my Mac and Windows laptops every time I left the room, or put the computers in sleep mode overnight.
The sink drained quite slowly. The water never got really hot for a good shower/bath.
My room was right next to the main door, so I heard everyone coming and going, and all sorts of drama. I hope the woman who was threatening to divorce her husband while on her cell phone gets things worked out.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank mjg007
gmqualityinncs, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2010

It surprises me that the Front Office member did not try to do everything possible for our guest as she is known for going above and beyond for our guests. When she went to the room to see the issue, the heater seemed to be working at that point. An offer was made to move the guest to another room, but due to the time of night the guest refused. When we do move rooms we try to move them to a like room or better.

As far as the internet issue, I was unaware that we were having a problem. We do everything in our power to insure that the internet is fully operational at all times.

Reviewed 2 May 2010

I was coming into town with 3 other guys to work for a few months and looking for a hotel that was clean and convenient to the interstate. The hotel was perfect for our needs. The front desk staff and management were the greatest. Our rooms were very clean and since it was a non smoking hotel and few of us were smokers, they accommodated us with rooms on the first floor with sliding glass doors to the outside so we could go out and smoke. We had to leave by 6:30am and since breakfast didn't open until 6:30, they would put breakfast out a little earlier so we could grab something to eat quickly before going to work. My room did not have a microwave and refrigerator but they brought them in for my entire stay. I definately recommend this hotel. They even signed me up for Choice Priveledge Points which was great to be able to get some free nights at the end. Stay here if you come to Colorado Springs...the service was one of the best I ever experienced and I travel 90% of my time.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank RMMT2
Reviewed 23 November 2009

This is our second stay at this hotel and we have a clean, quiet room every time. Great getaway for the Colorado Springs downtown activities. We plan to stay there many more times

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeniseHtob
Reviewed 27 October 2009

this the first time we have stayed at this hotel. the room was clean and it was nice to have a good looking room. the front desk were so nice and most of allAndrea Castle. she went of her way to help us with locations and places to see. all we can is we enjoyed our stay and with adrea castle help made is more enjoyable. thank you, grace luevano [--]

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank graciel55
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Close to many ammenities, restaurants, things to do. Safe, secure location of hotel. Near Garden of the Gods Park, mountai foothills, hiking trails.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank allyoung
Reviewed 24 September 2009

My husband and I were vacationing in Colorado. We stayed two nights at the Quality Inn & Suites on Garden of the Gods Road in Colorado Springs. This hotel was very clean. Our room and bathroom were spacious and clean. Our bed was comfortable and our room had all amenities and the price was very reasonable. The staff was friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was very good - we didn't need to dine out for breakfast. Was very close to activities - Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs, Old Colorado City and more. Would definitely recommend

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple