“Clean, comfortable and a very cold pool”

Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
Ranked #44 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Norfolk, Virginia
“Clean, comfortable and a very cold pool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

We were here at the beginning of June while taking my son to California. The hotel is right on the main road but seems tucked away and private. Our room had a great view of Pike's Peak. It was about 65 degrees when we arrived and the kids immediately jumped in the pool which was very cold. There were plenty of towels at the pool, so we did not need to use the ones from our room. Garden of the Gods is a quick 5 minute drive from the hotel. The only complaint I can issue is that the internet was spotty. Many time I had to use Chik-Fil-A's wi-fi from next door. Otherwise I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
gmqualityinncs, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this review, 7 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value our customer's opinions.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Manor, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

We stayed here while visiting Pike's Peak. The room was all right, it needed some new curtains and some remodeling. But everything was clean, the staff was very nice and although we didn't use, it the outdoor pool looked very nice.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mrngmdo
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

We stayed here in late May 2010 for a wedding. We had rooms reserved by the wedding couple at Glen Eyrie Castle for Friday and Saturday, so we only needed a room nearby on Thursday and Sunday evenings. The cancellation policy was changed during our stay from 24 hrs for the Thurs stay to 72 hours for the Sunday stay. We had to leave a day earlier than planned due to a family emergency and they would not work with us on cancelling the Sunday reservation. The manager was very sarcastic, but finally said he would give us 6,000 extra points since he could not do anything about charging us for the room. We are still waiting 2 weeks later for him to credit us the points. On top of that, we did not get credit for the points for the room even though we were billed for it!

This hotel was clean and roomy, but that is about all it had going for it. Our rooms were on the ground floor with patio doors to the pool. Neither of the patio doors would lock and they never corrected the issue. The beds were like granite and we got no sleep. Overall, the furnishings are very old and dated. Breakfast was advertised as a full breakfast, but it was a pretty boring continental breakfast. My husband needed the high-speed internet for work, but he spent 2 hours trying to get it working with their tech support. He's never had a problem anywhere else, including Brazil!

I would never stay here again, nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone else. Very disappointed!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank DJ729
gmqualityinncs, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this review, 22 July 2010
First considering our rooms with patio doors, all of the sliding patio doors have bar locks on them. I have since inspected all of the patio doors and all of the bar locks are in working order.

The cancellation policy for this particular weekend had been in place for over a year. We do understand changes in plans and due to the circumstances of this reservation, I did offer and credited points to their Choice Privilege account.

Our Q-Breakfast is a bit more than your continental breakfast as we have make your own waffles, bicuits and gravy, hot and cold cereal, hard boiled eggs, two selections of fruit, muffins, danish, wheat and raisin bread, two juices, yogurt, coffee and a selection of teas.
Sandusky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

This hotel is a sleeper. They couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. Concerned about your comfort and went out of their way to satisfy your needs. They are trying hard and seem to be accomplishing their task. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Thanks for making our trip so enjoyable

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tmterie
Salida, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2010

This is for 555 Garden of the Gods Rd - there is another Quality Inn about a block down.
It's clean, typical/average for a Quality Inn. I ran into issues, and as is often the case, the manner in which they were handled sticks out more than the issue itself. The heater in my room was not putting out hot air, and their were freeze warnings out overnight. I discovered this around 9p. The desk clerk kept trying to tell me it worked. Then she said she would bring extra blankets. She kept saying they had no other rooms, but I jumped on their website and saw at least half a dozen rooms at an equal rate. The she told me they could switch rooms, but the new room wouldn't have a 'peak view.' As it was, I was on the first floor, so the 'peak view' was partially obstructed by trees and the dumpster wall for the Chick-fil-a next door. Desk clerk then came by to 'reset' the heater. It worked for about a minute. I'm no mechanic but am pretty mechanically savvy, and couldn't find any kind of reset button. The next day a maintenance person replaced the heater...but then it continued to run for several minutes after being shut off.
Plus...
The internet connection here was awful. It was slow, and I had to reset the browser (close all windows and reopen) for both my Mac and Windows laptops every time I left the room, or put the computers in sleep mode overnight.
The sink drained quite slowly. The water never got really hot for a good shower/bath.
My room was right next to the main door, so I heard everyone coming and going, and all sorts of drama. I hope the woman who was threatening to divorce her husband while on her cell phone gets things worked out.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank mjg007
gmqualityinncs, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this review, 17 May 2010
It surprises me that the Front Office member did not try to do everything possible for our guest as she is known for going above and beyond for our guests. When she went to the room to see the issue, the heater seemed to be working at that point. An offer was made to move the guest to another room, but due to the time of night the guest refused. When we do move rooms we try to move them to a like room or better.

As far as the internet issue, I was unaware that we were having a problem. We do everything in our power to insure that the internet is fully operational at all times.
Frederick, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

I was coming into town with 3 other guys to work for a few months and looking for a hotel that was clean and convenient to the interstate. The hotel was perfect for our needs. The front desk staff and management were the greatest. Our rooms were very clean and since it was a non smoking hotel and few of us were smokers, they accommodated us with rooms on the first floor with sliding glass doors to the outside so we could go out and smoke. We had to leave by 6:30am and since breakfast didn't open until 6:30, they would put breakfast out a little earlier so we could grab something to eat quickly before going to work. My room did not have a microwave and refrigerator but they brought them in for my entire stay. I definately recommend this hotel. They even signed me up for Choice Priveledge Points which was great to be able to get some free nights at the end. Stay here if you come to Colorado Springs...the service was one of the best I ever experienced and I travel 90% of my time.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank RMMT2
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2009

This is our second stay at this hotel and we have a clean, quiet room every time. Great getaway for the Colorado Springs downtown activities. We plan to stay there many more times

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple