Holden House - 1902 Bed and Breakfast Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Springs Inn(Colorado Springs)
View Hotel
Quality Suites Downtown(Colorado Springs)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Econo Lodge Downtown(Colorado Springs)
View Hotel
J's Motor Hotel(Colorado Springs)
Travel Inn(Colorado Springs)
  • Free Internet
Travelers Uptown Motel(Colorado Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe main houseb bcarriage houseaspen roomcripple creekoff street parkingcat loverssoaking tubold colorado citywine social each eveningfresh fruit cupfrench toast i've ever hadanniversary vacationhouse is beautifulgas fireplacesitting roommy husband and i spent nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed at the Holden House for two nights while touring the Colorado Springs area. The room we stayed in was the Silverton Suite in a separate two-room house on the main property. It was very quiet, very clean and stocked with anything you may need. We had a sitting area off of the bedroom which allowed for plenty of room for our bags and to spread out and be comfortable. There was even a skylight over the bed! The bathroom shower was very nice and roomy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the free wine and appetizers each evening on the relaxing front porch swing before heading out for dinner. There were fresh baked cookies accessible 24/7 and the breakfasts were multi-course and very filling. They do have a set breakfast schedule of 8 or 9 am seatings but we could have opted for a cold continental breakfast delivered the night before if we wanted it earlier than 8 am. The 8 am time ended up working out just fine with our schedule. The Holden House is conveniently located to all the attractions and dining in Old Colorado Springs and Manitou Springs - just a short 5-10 min drive. The only complaint was the temperature of the room - we had no way to control the air inside of the room and it was very warm at night having been in the high 90s all day. There was a small fan in the closet that we used, but it was still warm to sleep. A recommendation would be if it is very hot that day to perhaps request they turn up the air a bit so that it is cool enough at night. We were very pleased with the room and service and would recommend it to anyone visiting Colorado Springs!

Room Tip: Silverton Suite is great - there no cats living in this separate house, and it is very quiet! Nice skylight over the bed provides a natural nightlight and wake-up call!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Aspen room at the Holden House for our honeymoon. The innkeepers were welcoming and very nice. The house and room were immaculately clean. There wasn’t a spot of dust or dirt anywhere. They have two resident cats that are very friendly and love attention. Our room had a small sitting area, fireplace, shower and lounging tub. The ceiling was painted to resemble the sky; it was really pretty. The only negative thing about the room itself was the fact you do not have control over the temperature of your own room. The thermometer is outside in the hallway so it was a little chilly in the room for my taste. However, if you mention it to the innkeeper they will immediately make it more comfortable for you. Also, we could hear quite a bit of traffic noise from the road. I think every car with a bad muffler came down the road during the nights we stayed. However, that is not the bed and breakfasts’ fault. I am an extremely light sleeper so I had to buy earplugs and they helped a lot.

The bed was comfortable enough and we enjoyed having breakfast in the dining room with other guests. However, there were a couple mornings where we had to get up earlier or wanted to sleep in and they offered us a continental breakfast delivered to our room the night before. That was really nice because we didn’t have to worry about rushing down to eat breakfast; we could just sleep in and eat in the little sitting area.

There is only one other room upstairs other than the Aspen room and the whole time we were there the other guests were very quiet.

They have a lovely outside garden area with a swing and lots of patio furniture. The front porch also offers two swings. There is a social hour starting at five and they had an assortment of drinks and snacks. That was a nice touch for when we would get back for the day and before we went out to dinner.

We walked to Old Colorado historic district and that was way too long of a walk; we should have driven. We also visited historic Manitou Springs while on vacation and found that area to be much more charming. Next time if we visit Colorado again, I think we’ll stay in Manitou Springs.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay minus a few quirks here and there. Everyone was very nice and welcoming and they go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied with your visit. It really doesn’t feel like you’re on vacation it feels more like you’re visiting family in their charming old home.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here 7 days for our honeymoon and we loved every moment of it. The place is very nice and clean. They serve great food for breakfast and always had coffee. Everyday we came back to our room and it had been cleaned, straighten up, and restocked. The ladies who work there are extremely kind and helpful. They even reserved a place for us and helped us find a place to ship a package back home. They will take on any of your needs whether it was food or recomendations for places to go. There is not one negative thing that we could say about the Holden House.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Aspen Room. The Ceiling above the bed is great waking up to every morning.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike A
HoldenHouse, Owner at Holden House - 1902 Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2014

Thank for the great Tripadvisor review. We hope to see you again at Holden House.
-Sallie and Welling Clark

Reviewed 7 December 2011

My wife and I received a gift certificate for Holden House as a wedding gift. We visited over the Thanksgiving weekend and really recommend a stay here. We chose the Independence suite which was fantastic; beautifully laid out with a lovely fire and great bed. We chose the breakfast in bed option which was really good, although eating in the main house also looked great and the breakfast itself was delicious. We were looked after our entire stay, and they even posted me something I left in the room... no problem at all! The place itself is ideally located on a quiet street really close to Manitou Springs and Downtown Colorado Springs itself. I will recommend this to friends in future and look forward to returning. Great homely B&B!

Room Tip: The Independence suite is at ground level in a adjoining property, nicely decorated with wooden floors and open fire. I think this would also be good for guests with reduced mobility - parking to the rear and ramp access.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Krepkaya
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We booked this place last minute and what a treat it was. My daughter was visiting a friend and I had the afternoon and evening to myself. I could not have spent it at a better place. It was quiet and so very relaxing. I stayed in the building separate from the house and it was perfect. Had our own kitchen and TV. Loved that! Enjoyed the large tub in the room and watching TV in the parlor area. The wine and cheese time was fabulous and so fun. And breakfast was amazing!! Hope to go back someday.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family