“Great resort-- loved the renovated rooms!”

Ranked #19 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Virginia
“Great resort-- loved the renovated rooms!”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We just spent 4 days at the Cheyenne and I'm so glad we did. Originally, I wanted to stay at the Broadmoor, but ultimately it was too expensive. Cheyenne was beautiful all around, close to everything, and yet had a lovely, close feel to the mountains. The room renovations are fantastic and our room was always cleaned extremely well. The best part about the room was the bed. We all agreed (7 of us in our party) that the beds were the most comfortable we've ever had in a hotel. We did ask for a top floor room and didn't have any issues with noise at all. We would definitely return here if we vacation again in Co Springs!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
samiam08, Director of Rooms at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Dear MammaPVirginia,

Great to read that all seven of you enjoyed the new beds. They have been very popular with our guests as has the new look of our rooms.

Thank you so much for the kind words about your stay, and I am glad you found our location so convenient for getting to all the attractions along the Front Range.

We will look forward to you next visit.

Cheyenne Mountain Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Family of 5 thought the food was good and reasonably priced. Kids loved the breakfast buffet. Our 5 year old and 7 year old ate free and our 11 year old ate half price. Kids also loved the pool. View was fabulous!! All tourist attractions were easy access from this resort

• Stayed July 2011
Estaggs,

We appreciate your choosing to visit Cheyenne Mountain Resort. I know that family time is precious and often scarce with the busy lives we all lead, so thank you for trusting us to make that time even more special.

Enjoy these fleeting days of summer with your family, and I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again.

All the best,

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Check-in time is 4:00 and they mean it. not a minute before will they let you have your room. The A/C in our room was the loudest and inefficient unit I have ever had in a hotel room. Room service did not include plates, napkins or knives. The waitresses at the top deck with the firepit were not only scatterbrained but the waitress refused to give me a bottle of water and insisted that I take a glass of water instead. I told her that I wanted to take the bottle back to my room and she said I could take the glass to my room. Not sure what her problem was with bottled water, I let it go because she was so insistent that I take a glass of water. The prime rib at the buffet tasted solely like salt with no meat taste at all. The buffet was overpriced. Our room had a great view, but sadly that was the only nice thing about it. Checked out early and had a great brunch at The Broadmoor.

Dear Julylady76,

I am very sorry that your stay was not more enjoyable. The quality of service you received from our food and beverage staff was not what you should have experienced, and I understand the frustration you felt. I admit I am not sure why the bottled water was such a concern, but I will be sure your thoughts about the situation are shared appropriately.

Regarding the time of check in; we do guarantee check in by 4pm and often have rooms ready before that time. On occasion there are days when we experience a high number of departures and a high number of arrivals which creates a sort of "perfect storm" for our housekeeping team who work nonstop to get the rooms ready of the next guest. I apologize that we could not accommodate you earlier in the day. In such situations we are always happy to store luggage and guests welcome to use the resort and club facilities while they wait for the room.

I appreciate your taking the time to write about your stay, and if you have more to share about your visit I hope you will contact me directly at the resort.

Yours truly,

Northern California
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I stayed here last weekend. I booked 1 room with a king sized bed. When I checked in they told me all the rooms with king beds were booked and I would have 2 double beds. I intended this trip to be a romantic getaway so being crammed in a double bed with my wife wasn't a pleasant idea. No matter what I tried the person at the front desk wouldn't budge on giving me a king bed. I finally accepted my fate and brought our luggage to our room.

The rooms were nicely decorated. It looked like it was all recently updated with new furniture, LCD TV, new tile, etc. When I entered my room I noticed the entrance way had a lot of loose dirt on the tile. It looked like the cleaning crews forgot to sweep the doorway area. Like a previous reviewer mentioned the A/C units are loud and looked original to the hotel before the renovated. Also the toilet, at constant intervals, made the sound of filling up and this sound was very loud. We had to actually close the bathroom door, but we could still hear it quite well. Another issue we had was that our door had a crack underneath it where you could look outside. I didn't notice this until some kids were screaming outside of our door and when I went to check I noticed outside light coming from under my door. Another issue is with the roof cracking whenever the guests above you walk.

This resort is not a romantic getaway type place. It's a family resort where the dad can go play golf while the mom and kids hangout at the pool. The pool to begin with wasn't that big and its usually filled with kids screaming and jumping around. I didn't enjoy my stay here and it wasn't worth the price I paid.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
samiam08, Director of Rooms at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
Dear VinnieCee,

My apologies for the lack of the king room that you booked. We should have managed our room inventory better to avoid that and though I am not certain of the circumstances surrounding why we did not have the king room when you checked in, I agree that we failed you, and it did not set a good tone for the rest of your stay.

My apologies of the crack under the door that you mentioned, it was also the cause of the dirt you mentioned seeing in the entry when you opened the door. Our new thresholds need some adjusting in height to fill that gap and we are in the process of correcting that. The air conditioning units were not changed during the renovation for they were well within their expected life span. My apologies for the constantly running toilet, I hope we were able to have it repaired during your stay.

The pools are very popular in the summer, especially this year with such warm temperatures, however there is an over 21 years of age pool located at the club aquatics complex next to the lake. One would still hear the noise from the 50 meter pool, baby pool and splash pad, but it is enclosed by a privacy fence.

We are not in the business to disappoint, and I am very sorry that you were not pleased with your stay. I can understand that you would not consider returning, but if you do, kindly contact me directly at the resort and will take care of things personally.

I thank you for your candor,

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 18 July 2011

If you plan to stay in Colorado Springs, I would stay here. After much research and getting a great rate we booked a week long stay here. Our double queen room was clean and nice, recently redone. We got a low rate and were in a resort view room(not a mountain view). Our view was a dirt lot, and the country club facilities. (we had friends with a very nice mountain view, in a different building. They had a king room and said they paid more then we did) In Colorado Springs then only other "resort" I found was the Broadmoor which is WAY more expensive. The building we stayed in had outside entries and no elevator. We were not offered help with our bags, not sure if we could have gotten help if we had asked. The resort pool was very nice, not overly crowed in the 2 times we used it. The lap pool, sprinkle area, lake, golf, tennis and exercise room are a walk/short drive from the hotel rooms. It is part of a "country club". Not everyone using theses facilities are hotel guests. We used this area 3 times, not overly crowed. I requested extra towels and hangers and then arrive very quickly. We experienced some problems with our A/C which was addressed immediately after contacting the front desk. We ate the Buffet breakfast most mornings(kids eat free with paying adult) it was very good. Lots of choices. Saturday morning they had animals from the Cheyenne mountain Zoo, my 6yo loved this. Any night you can buy a S'Mores kit, my daughter loved this as well. If I were to stay in Colorado Springs again, I would stay here. Great place with kids.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Hello mollanjake,

Thanks for all the research you did on our resort and for ultimately choosing to say with us. Happy to read that you enjoyed so much of the property and that your children enjoyed the Zoo Breakfast and the s'mores.

Please come see us again, and let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.

Truly,

Tennessee
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We just returned from a stay at the resort last week. Except for a large spider we found crawling up the wall, the rooms were very clean and the beds were wonderful. Housekeeping did a great job cleaning the rooms and replacing the towels each day. The air conditioner was very loud though, keeping us awake at times. Several families that were with us had problems with their unit making a loud knocking noise and one even ended up with a smoke filled room. The breakfast buffet and the Friday night seafood buffet were pricey, but delicious. The country club area is very nice with a large pool, kiddie area, and beach area. We also enjoyed the fire pit area outside the main lobby. The staff were very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
samiam08, Director of Rooms at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Hello VolFran95,

Thank you for the compliment of our staff. We are definitely "in season" and many are working very hard to serve our guests, so your thoughtfulness is appreciated. And I am glad you enjoyed the amenities of the club, another great thing about being "in season" - all of the outdoor activities we have to offer right here on property. I am sorry that the air conditioner was so problematic. We have been reprogramming the units to regulate the temperature better and are doing routine maintenance at the same time, so I apologize that yours was not cooperative.

Please visit us again when next you are in Colorado Springs and please contact me directly at the resort so I can be of assistance to you.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at Cheyenne Mountain Resort.

tulsa
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I very much wanted to like this place, sadly we were in a "lower" lodge which caused us to walk to the third level-or walk to the other end og the building. The through the wall a/c unit was very noisy and not very effective. The restaurant was only average and no soda machine we found would take any dollar we had. I was sorry it wasn't better.

Room Tip: get a room facinf the mountain-if you must