“Great place to stay”

Ranked #17 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Oakton, Virginia
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The views from this hotel are amazing. The rooms are very nice and the service was great. I highly recommend this hotel. The buffet breakfast was quite good. The hotel is close to Garden of the Gods and Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, both are well worth checking out while you are in the area.

Room Tip: Only rooms on the back side of the hotel have the great views.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jessica M
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your kind review and high recommendation of Cheyenne Mountain Resort! We are delighted that you enjoyed such a pleasant visit filled with helpful service, comfortable accommodations and our delicious, award-winning brunch. Located in Colorado Springs our resort is minutes from the famed area attractions that you mentioned as well as Pikes Peak, Cave of the Winds and the Olympic Training Center among others. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Reviewed 28 October 2013

OK...it was a rocky start to begin with--we were in 3 rooms in the Fountain complex overlooking the golf course and checked in late and there didn't seem to be much help available in carting our stuff to the farthest location from the lobby, but all was good when we got into the rooms. The beds were luxuriously appointed and incredibly comfortable! My problem really began with my bag, which was gate-checked in Salt Lake City...when I opened an identical bag to mine in my room, it wasn't mine. Ugh. Talked to Delta for two hours, trying to sort out some kind of bag exchange and it didn't look good. Now, for the hotel staff's part in this drama...in the morning (I am car-less) I called and spoke with Erin, at the luggage desk. I explained that I needed to get a stranger's bag out to the airport and talk to the Delta people. He said "I'm headed out there to pick up a guest and can take you in 20 minutes, if that will work for you, or I can take your bag and see if they have yours." I went with him, we had a lovely conversation, and he pointed me in the direction of the (still closed) Delta baggage office. I locked eyes with a man waiting in front of the office and, KISMET! He had my bag with him! Unbelievably good fortune (this time). Erin was SO accommodating and genuinely helpful. But it didn't stop there. I needed a serious jolt of caffeine upon arrival back at the hotel before going back to my room. The front desk squirreled my bag into the back and told me to contact them for a ride back to the outer reaches and my room. Erin took me there in a golf cart and NOW, all is right with my world and I have, back in my possession, the costume I'll be wearing to the birthday party that led me to CS to begin with! I just have to say, the service has been memorable. Oh! I almost forgot! When trying to get the stranger's bag back to the lobby, I asked one of the housekeepers for directions, and she just said "I'll take you there" and proceeded to haul the bag up a flight of stairs! Mind you, all of this has occurred within a 12-hour period. I'm taking a NAP!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Buddhabelle
We are so pleased that, despite a luggage mix up at the airport, you enjoyed restful accommodation as well as stellar service throughout your visit. Our staff is always ready and willing to lend a helping hand to our guests and we’re truly pleased this was evident during your stay. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to mention members of our team that went above and beyond to assist you in recovering your bag, it was our pleasure to help. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we hope the rest of your stay was relaxing and that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Cheyenne Mountain Resort in the future.
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We live in Manitou Springs, and although we've been to the Cheyenne Mountain Resort for plenty of fund-raising parties and the legendary Sunday brunch, we'd never stayed there until last night.

It was our anniversary, and we decided on the very mini-getaway. And we were delighted.

The refurbished rooms, with pistachio and caramel colors, big screen TVs and tasteful furnishings were fab. As was the pool and hot tub and the breakfast in the morning.

But it was the smile and amazing service by Demetria that made it feel extra-special. Well done!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ManitouWarren1
Happy Anniversary! We are so thrilled you chose a getaway close to home at Cheyenne Mountain Resort to celebrate the occasion! It is wonderful to read that our recently renovated guest rooms were to your liking and that our recreational amenities and Mountain View Restaurant breakfast were also highlights of the visit. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and especially for taking the time to mention the members of our staff that went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We will pass along your compliments to Demetria. Please come back again soon.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was here for a week long work conference and it was AMAZING. Would stay again and again. The staff was amazing, food was great and the view you can't beat! The pool was clean, the rooms were nice and clean. It was a great place to spend 7 days, I can't wait to go back again
Amy

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy5460
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you so much, Amy! We are thrilled you described your conference stay at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort as perfect, enjoying everything from our helpful staff and mountain views to our recreational amenities and delicious dining. We certainly hope to welcome you back again next time you’re visiting Colorado Springs.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I love this hotel! Off our patio deck, we had an awesome view of the lake, mountains, and golf course.

The rooms are large, and so is the closet - one of the biggest I've ever had. There are 2 sinks with areas to put on make-up, do your hair etc. A big bonus from me as I just have come off a trip with mother, and none of the hotels we stayed at on our trip had this.

Impeccably decorated rooms include: a fridge, safe, bathrobe, coffee-maker, extra towels, powerful blow dryer.

The bedding was amazing, pillow-tip bed and super soft memory foam pillows (and lots of them). Nothing was lacking.

We had Sunday brunch the next morning and it was fantastic! The food was not only in abundance, but top-notch. Try the chocolate/peanut butter dessert, and zucchini soup. I've never had anything like it.

The hotel also has an gorgeous patio/bar area with a fire pit, with amazing views. If you don't want to spend the night - pop in for happy hour, and enjoy the view.

Service was great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Carrie4747
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Your review has left us saying wow! Thank you for providing such a glowing review of your recent stay at Cheyenne Mountain Resort. We are more than thrilled that our property views and thoughtfully decorated, smartly-appointed accommodations exceeded your expectations. It is wonderful to read that your experience did not end there and that our Sunday brunch at Mountain View Restaurant left you satisfied. We greatly appreciate your feedback and kind mention of helpful service. Please come back again very soon!
Cromwell, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I booked six months in advance on "Snique Away" and we reserved two rooms, so I was a bit miffed when they stuck us in a block of rooms where over 16 rooms look out not at the beautiful mountain/golf course view but at 3 giant weed trees! Picture attached, what could they possible be thinking? Great views or weed trees for our guests...hmmm let me think....cut down the trees!! The rooms were very comfortable, the grounds, golf & pools were excellent, the views from the main lodge dining deck and bars was fabulous, however the food was just average. One comment on service, we came off the golf course and had a reservation (6 months) to dine at sunset on the golf course deck. We checked in on time and asked the maître Dee if she could push us back a half hour so we could change out of our golf shoes & slacks and she said that would be fine. When we came back 40 min latter the restaurant was closed....you think she might have mentioned that to us as it takes 15 min to walk back to the room? We are convinced this block of rooms was for internet booked discounts and that some of the service issues are that "laid back" Colorado attitude. We loved Colorado Springs though. Don't miss the Zoo, Cog Railroad or Garden of the Gods.
Enjoy,
Ginny & Michael Daly

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank melmic
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
We appreciate you sharing your experience and are happy to read that you loved Colorado Springs, our golf course, accommodations and more. It is terribly disappointing, however, when a guest feels their expectations weren't met in all ways and we regret that we missed the opportunity to create a better stay. Unfortunately, we cannot comment on third-party booking sites in this forum but we would like to share that we strive to deliver the best accommodations for each of our guests. It is also disappointing to learn that you experienced anything less than our very best service and will pass along your comments with our associates. We hope you will visit us again for a stay that exceeds all that you are looking for. Thank you for your review.
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I thought the hotel was fine although I don't necessarily feel like it had a 'resort' feel to it. My room was fine with an updated interior. Nothing really wowed me though for the price. I go to a lot of conferences and as far as destination resorts go, this is not one that I necessarily go home and tell folks how great of a place I went to. My response was 'it was ok, nothing special'.
Again, I don't want to sound too negative because it was nice enough, but did not have a resort-style feel to it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Our rustic yet modern property features eight residential lodges and our main lodge set on sprawling, scenic resort grounds. In addition to offering beautiful views of the front range, our numerous recreational amenities including golf, our fitness center, pools, lake and beach offer plenty to do without ever leaving the resort. While we are glad that you enjoyed your stay, we always hope to exceed our guests’ expectations at every turn and regret if we did not do so during your recent conference visit. Thank you for your review, we hope you’ll consider another stay in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,063 reviews
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,849 reviews
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
#19 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,206 reviews
Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Sprin...
#9 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn...
#4 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,253 reviews

Been to Cheyenne Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!