“All expectations exceeded beyond belief!”

Cheyenne Mountain Resort
Ranked #19 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Denver
“All expectations exceeded beyond belief!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This hotel is nestled against the beautiful backdrop of Cheyenne Mountain and there are stunning views from many different areas on the property. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. We regretted not staying longer to enjoy the resort more. I highly recommend the s'mores on the deck at night. It was definitely a highlight of our stay and our kids thought it was magical to eat s'mores underneath the stars. They also enjoyed both the indoor and outdoor pools. We took advantage if eating at the hotel restaurant for breakfast and dinner and give it 5 stars! A little pricy but we'll worth the delicious confections. We can't say enough great things about this hotel and are already planning our return.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank MamaNLO
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
What a wonderful review to read today, thank you for putting a smile on our faces. We’re excited to hear that the kids loved the s’mores under the stars! It’s a great feeling to bring joy to a family and especially children when they stay with us. Were so glad you are already planning your return trip to Cheyenne Mountain Resort and we hope this time you and your family can stay long enough to enjoy every aspect and amenity of our resort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Broomfield, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2014

First of all I'd like to say this was my fiancee and I's first visit to Colorado Springs and it was absolutely wonderful. The staff at the resort were all very friendly, helpful, and professional. The restaurant was very good for dinner, but absolutely fantastic for breakfast! The resort itself was very attractive, welcoming, and I found the rooms very comfortable. I did spend one night in the private hot tub room which I highly recommend. My three "suggestions/changes/complaints" would be 1. It would be very nice to have some on-site facilities like a fitness room or spa; 2. We did have some trouble walking around the resort due to the fact that several areas were taped off (I can only assume due to weather); 3. The cleanliness of the bathroom in our first room was sub-par (trash left behind, tissues were stuffed into the container so they were basically destroyed, and the bathroom mirror was very dirty). Other than those minor things, we were very pleased and will definitely come back. And seriously, for anyone reading this, this were the ONLY issues with the resort. Very fair priced and lots to do and see around there.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to get a private hot tub room. You can enter right from your patio. I swear we...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
We’re so glad you and your fiancés first trip to Colorado Springs was with us, as hopefully it will be a trip you will both remember forever. Our staff works hard to make our guests feel at home and welcome; we appreciate your acknowledgement of them. We did review your comments and wanted to let you know we do have a fitness room on-site equipped with treadmills, elliptical, stair machines and much more. Also, steam rooms and whirl pools are located in both the men's and women's locker rooms. We are sorry you missed all this and are looking forward to your return trip to Cheyenne Mountain Resort when hopefully you will get to experience all of our amenities.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This resort is beautiful. Each room has a balcony and our view of the golf course was outstanding. The room was beautiful - clean and in great shape. Not outdated at all. We stayed for the Sunday Champagne Brunch which was outstanding. The service and selection were great and they were very generous with the champagne. We would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Colleen W
Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation. It’s so great that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay from your room and its view to our Sunday Champagne Brunch. We do hope you will return soon to Cheyenne Mountain Resort for another great weekend.
Waco, Georgia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My mom and I, and my 4 little kids travelled to Co and stayed here. I only wish we could have stayed 2 more days to do more at the actual resort. We did alot of activites in the mountatins! It's a really nice place, beautiful and we look forward to going again next year! I just wish they would have included breakfast with our stay!! It was seperate and expensive.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We wish your stay with us could have been longer too! Our breakfast is included with some of our special packages and maybe for your return trip you can take advantage of a package that may suit you. We look forward to having you, your mother and your children back again next year with us at Cheyenne Mountain Resort.
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The lobby was lovely. The front desk reception was friendly. The room was okay, but small and the a/c did not work properly. It was very noisy and when we called, someone came to "fix" it, but was not successful...subsequently, not a good nights rest! The room had a view of the parking lot, which was disappointing after seeing the photographs of wonderful mountain views. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Having our guests experience their most enjoyable stay possible is what we are all about. We’re sorry if the a/c unit in your room was not fixed after the initial try. We would have welcomed an opportunity to re-examine the unit to ensure you a positive outcome for a better nights rest. Thank you for your feedback.
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I was on I-25 south for HOURS during a white-out storm, and finally pulled over so I could book a hotel in Colorado Springs. I wanted a nice place to stay, a nice view, and something charming. I thought I had found it with this resort, but if would have been better off staying at a chain hotel. I booked a "courtyard" room, which actually overlooked the parking lot and a road- not what I wanted to see after my long drive, and not when the mountains were right there! I spoke to the receptionist and asked for a different room, but she said that my rate did not allow me to switch rooms. Now, by the looks of the parking lot (which I had a good view of remember?) I was quite certain that the hotel was not exactly overflowing! I asked for a complimentary upgrade, and was offered a different room for an additional $20. Apparently the idea of complimentary was not understood. Alas, she must have heard the tone in my "no thank you" as she then offered it for $10 instead. I was shocked -- bargaining at a resort! In the end she did upgrade me to a room with a view for free, but the room was nothing special, outdated, and basis coffee service in the room. I would not return there on principal of what a resort should be!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank GyPsYs0uL
Thank you for your feedback. We regret if our resort did not meet your expectations. Each room classification at our resort carries a different fee. A courtyard room which you booked is our least expensive room. An upgrade to the next level room has a slightly higher fee. Our staff member was following protocol as an upgrade results in the fee being a little bit higher. Ultimately because we believe in giving our guests the best experience possible while staying with us, your room was upgraded for free.
dallas, texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We have stayed at Cheyenne more than 10 times in the last 5 years, and always feel like we are at home. The staff is attentive and friendly, the rooms clean and well kept, and the food is excellent. The resort has a lot to offer for business or for pleasure. The staff are well trained and are there to take care of you. The Sales staff is also very helpful in giving you choices for meals, rooms, etc. We never stay anywhere else since we found the Cheyenne Mountain Resort!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sakman56
Thank you for being such a loyal guest at our resort. We love when a guest returns over and over and has found their home away from home here. We strive to give each guest the most enjoyable stay possible. We can’t wait to have you back again at Cheyenne Mountain Resort. Thank you for such a wonderful review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#4 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
#20 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs Marriott
Colorado Springs Marriott
#28 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to Cheyenne Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!