Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort
Ranked #17 of 103 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was at this resort for a conference. I thought what I got for the money was amazing. My room was just at 100 a night, a FANTASTIC bed, views for miles and although I did not order dinner from here, the dinners served were really good and tastefully assembled. I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: I would think that all rooms have great views, since the resort is situated near Cheyenne mountain a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your recommendation! We’re so glad you were able to enjoy your room and especially your bed while staying with us on your business trip. We hope someday you will be able to return for vacation purposes and take advantage of all of our amenities and a much more relaxing stay at Cheyenne Mountain Resort.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,492)

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed two nights and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Our room was spacious and very clean. Cozy and warmly decorated. The dark furnishings and luxurious bedding made the room feel as warm as if there was a fireplace burning. Huge closet. Small refrigerator. Nice balcony with patio furniture. The view from every position is SPECTACULAR! We used the gym both days which has a steam room and whirlpool in the men and women's locker room. The lockers in the rooms are free. Bring your bathtub from your room which is brilliant and fluffy and white! The swimming pool outside is also SPECTACULAR! Whirlpool outside there as well. Plenty of places to walk or sit amidst sheer beauty of the mountains! A huge fake fireplace is in the lobby emulating huge flames which mesmerize. (Still miss the wonderful aroma of the burning wood). Bring your camera and plenty of time to relax and enjoy Gods great mountainous country!

Room Tip: There are a multitude of rooms. Ours was 169 in the Cripple Creek Lodge which was only a short walk...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa D

Wow! Your review left us smiling this morning! We love that you totally enjoyed all of your accommodations and so many of our amenities while you were here. This is like our own little slice of heaven and it feels great when guests get that same feeling on their stay. We do hope you will be back again to visit us at Cheyenne Mountain Resort.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I was skeptical about this place as our conference was being held at another local venue, however, I was so pleased that I got to stay here. It was so calm and peaceful. The staff was excellent and very helpful with all of my needs. The scenery and proximity to the mountains created an absolutely gorgeous view that made me excited to get back to my room at the end of the day to just enjoy it. I am really looking forward to going back on my free time to enjoy it once again. :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pinksage

We are so glad you stayed with us while in the area on business and that we were able to offer you peace and quiet after a busy working day. We can’t wait for you to return to Cheyenne Mountain Resort for a little rest and relaxation on your own time to be able to enjoy all we have to offer.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

My family visits Cheyenne Mountain Resort a few times a year, and we always have a great time. The outdoor pool is open year round, there are tennis courts available, as well as golfing. The bar area has a few Wii's set up so the hubby and I can enjoy happy hour while the kids are entertained. If possible, try to get a room on the upper floor, the bottom rooms can get a lot of noise from the foot traffic above.

Stayed: March 2014

We appreciate your continued loyalty. Nothing pleases us more than hearing we are able to give you and your whole family a great time. We understand how hard it can be when traveling all together as a family to experience some quiet one-on-one time. It sounds as though you found a great way of having some quality time with your husband while the kids had a fun time playing, what a great idea! Thank you for staying with us again and again. We look forward to seeing you all soon at Cheyenne Mountain Resort.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I am local, and have only stayed once. However, I do like to go for cocktails now and then. Recently, we had some friends in from out of town and we took them to CMR for cocktails. While we were there everyone agreed to have dinner in the dining room. We had the buffet. Which, I am sorry to say was an utter disappointment and embarrassment. The food was over done, very dry, and the selection was mediocre, at best. When the bill came I was flabbergasted at the price. I realized we could have gone to the Famous for, top of the line, steaks and seafood for what we paid. No wonder the dining room was empty. Also, one would think since we were one of maybe 3 tables we would receive the best service ever. NO, our empty plates sat waiting to be picked up and our glasses sat empty also.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank endsofthearth
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

We are so disappointed to read your review today. Usually, our Friday night seafood buffet is a big hit with our guests and we’d like to apologize if it did not meet your expectations. We want to thank you for your continued loyalty; spending time at our resort and enjoying cocktails here from time-to-time. We do hope you will continue to come out and relax with us and hopefully give us another chance to impress you and your guests.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This hotel is nestled against the beautiful backdrop of Cheyenne Mountain and there are stunning views from many different areas on the property. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. We regretted not staying longer to enjoy the resort more. I highly recommend the s'mores on the deck at night. It was definitely a highlight of our stay and our kids thought it was magical to eat s'mores underneath the stars. They also enjoyed both the indoor and outdoor pools. We took advantage if eating at the hotel restaurant for breakfast and dinner and give it 5 stars! A little pricy but we'll worth the delicious confections. We can't say enough great things about this hotel and are already planning our return.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank MamaNLO

What a wonderful review to read today, thank you for putting a smile on our faces. We’re excited to hear that the kids loved the s’mores under the stars! It’s a great feeling to bring joy to a family and especially children when they stay with us. Were so glad you are already planning your return trip to Cheyenne Mountain Resort and we hope this time you and your family can stay long enough to enjoy every aspect and amenity of our resort.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

First of all I'd like to say this was my fiancee and I's first visit to Colorado Springs and it was absolutely wonderful. The staff at the resort were all very friendly, helpful, and professional. The restaurant was very good for dinner, but absolutely fantastic for breakfast! The resort itself was very attractive, welcoming, and I found the rooms very comfortable. I did spend one night in the private hot tub room which I highly recommend. My three "suggestions/changes/complaints" would be 1. It would be very nice to have some on-site facilities like a fitness room or spa; 2. We did have some trouble walking around the resort due to the fact that several areas were taped off (I can only assume due to weather); 3. The cleanliness of the bathroom in our first room was sub-par (trash left behind, tissues were stuffed into the container so they were basically destroyed, and the bathroom mirror was very dirty). Other than those minor things, we were very pleased and will definitely come back. And seriously, for anyone reading this, this were the ONLY issues with the resort. Very fair priced and lots to do and see around there.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to get a private hot tub room. You can enter right from your patio. I swear we...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

We’re so glad you and your fiancés first trip to Colorado Springs was with us, as hopefully it will be a trip you will both remember forever. Our staff works hard to make our guests feel at home and welcome; we appreciate your acknowledgement of them. We did review your comments and wanted to let you know we do have a fitness room on-site equipped with treadmills, elliptical, stair machines and much more. Also, steam rooms and whirl pools are located in both the men's and women's locker rooms. We are sorry you missed all this and are looking forward to your return trip to Cheyenne Mountain Resort when hopefully you will get to experience all of our amenities.