We booked a few months early and were able to get a $150/night rate for a double queen. For that price, this place was great. For anything more than that, this place would be lacking. Our room was clean and had a beautiful view (resort view, but we had a nice view of the mountain from our balcony as well, and we were on the back side of the resort so had the open golf fields and town to look at instead of other resort buildings - room 390 - it was perfect!)
The resort definitely seems older - thin walls (which we didn't notice since we ran the a/c constantly and turned on music most of the time - you may notice pipes but that's how my house growing up was so I didn't mind it at all), old a/c units (dusty, but they were hidden so it didn't matter unless you're looking for something to complain about), not the most beautiful resort exterior of the cabins, but the inside is what matters.
I think this would be a PERFECT location for a family - so many things to do, nice enough to feel safe and clean without the price of a luxury resort, good location. If you're looking for a luxurious, romantic feel, you may be a little disappointed, but we weren't (again, because of the price we paid.)
We had breakfast at the resort restaurant and LOVED it - big portions, cooked well, great flavors - no complaints!
Random note: My straightener caused the smoke detector to go off (there was quite a bit of steam), and maintenance was there within about 3 minutes - we were impressed by their fast response and noted that we'd feel safe in case of a real fire!
Overall, I definitely recommend this place if you're not going to be overly picky and if you can get the book-in-advance rate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the shadows of Colorado's Rocky Mountain Front Range lies Cheyenne Mountain Resort, Colorado Springs' premier four season escape. The resort's 316 finely appointed guest rooms and suites featuring comfortable Rocky Mountain-inspired decor are arranged in eight residential lodges across the grounds. A vast array of amenities include an 18-hole championship Pete Dye designed golf course, Spa & Wellness Retreat, five swimming pools, tennis courts, a health and fitness center, aquatics center and a 35-acre recreational lake complete with a beach and boating rentals. Known for its breathtaking mountain views, exceptional accommodations, fine dining, myriad of activities and comprehensive conference facilities, the AAA Four Diamond Cheyenne Mountain Resort offers the ultimate in Colorado vacationing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cheyenne Mountain Hotel Colorado Springs
- Cheyenne Mountain Colorado Springs
- Cheyenne Resort Colorado Springs Co
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs