So I came here with an open mind hoping that things had improved after reading recent reviews and responses but sad to say they had not, and I stayed in one of your new rooms.
It appears that the aaa rating is more to do with the services available than anything else. It is certainly not a four star hotel not by what I have stayed in before, not even close. IF you stay in a new room I would say it earns a 2.5 star because of the rest of the resort. I would NOT stay in a old room based on seeing examples of the outdated older parts of the hotel.
Location, main lobby, breakfast location and omelet station, although expensive for the standard of food
Negatives, NOT SURE WHERE TO START
Well we went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo afterwards and it was actually CLEANER than the Hotel, SERIOUSLY - Management you need to check it out
I was told that there was no sign of the renovations however the area between the pool and main lobby is a building site?
The room to be fair was Nice although quite dark, what I can't understand is why NO ONE has bothered to ensure that the room is ready. The lights in one of the headboards as well as the light over one of the sinks were faulty, the TV froze and the reception was bad on several channels - Yes 42 inch flat screen but this is 2011. And yes I provided this info at the end so not to have people keep disrupting our day of proposed r&r
The fridge was disgusting, covered in dust and paint with a broken leg and just shoved in the new furniture, the coffee maker and mugs were also dirty and had not been cleaned. However the main portion of the room was clean.
What I found hard to understand was the remodel, there were certain low cost items not replaced, i.e. the bathroom handle replace with stainless but the strike plate (less than a $) was the original brass one covered in bits of paint and old screws. The bathroom door painted over roughly, why not replace as the rust was already showing on the hinges. The original patio door with a 30 year old worn warning sticker and split seals. No TV list, poor response with a worn TV remote. Some old electrical covers reused, why who knows. In addition the tiling was already showing cracks and gaps from poor installation and I although you went with a dry wall covering 30 years outdated it appears NO ONE has done a Walk Through or PUNCH LIST !! as there were Many, many other items that had not been finished correctly and the first time I have seen this standard in a mainstream hotel chain
Swimming pools/ Hot tubs
WHY THE heck would you find it acceptable to have missing tiles -Any?, Yes the hot tubs were hot both at the hotel and CCC but I find it hard to believe the outdoor pool was at 85f
Re the Indoor pool at the aquatic center, if you ever need to find some sand for sand bagging there a ton or two in the bottom of the pool in January. Does the staff ever do anything, they sit at the front desk saying hi but the noodles are full of chunks missing - are times that bad that you can't replace the bad ones for $30. Except that it appears very outdated, green mold and nothing ever updated it is generally very dirty with no cleaning efforts visible. This is true of all the pool areas, outdated and cleaning put on the back burner. There is also a slide with Ice cold water attached with a garden hose but no life guard so no one can use although this was used the day before as no one mentioned it was closed.
As far as SLEEP this was what ruined it - As previous reviews have pointed out we ended up in the 200 block and both myself and daughters possible pleasure was Ruined by the noise from above, not partying just walking around breathing, opening the patio door, getting up for the bathroom in the middle of the night- This was THE WORST I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH- in all the years I have traveled and started at 9.30pm just as we were getting ready to sleep
To cap it all, I paid my service fee, received pleasant service but not One Apology, just excuses. Do you really think your customers care that you are going through a renovation and that is why items don't work or are down right dirty?
To end, To even try to be a 4* Hotel It needs to be clean, I did not see any sign of cleaners in any of the general areas and again saw more signs of staff cleaning at the ZOO
Rather than responding with we agree, we are going through a renovation, we are sorry about the noise, the fridge, TV etc etc etc, spend some Serious time with your staff , management, and Fix the problems. give an apology if due at the time rather than excuses. You guys ruined my weekend due to the laziness of staff (grounds) over a long period of time and your ongoing excuses.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the shadows of Colorado's Rocky Mountain Front Range lies Cheyenne Mountain Resort, Colorado Springs' premier four season escape. The resort's 316 finely appointed guest rooms and suites featuring comfortable Rocky Mountain-inspired decor are arranged in eight residential lodges across the grounds. A vast array of amenities include an 18-hole championship Pete Dye designed golf course, Spa & Wellness Retreat, five swimming pools, tennis courts, a health and fitness center, aquatics center and a 35-acre recreational lake complete with a beach and boating rentals. Known for its breathtaking mountain views, exceptional accommodations, fine dining, myriad of activities and comprehensive conference facilities, the AAA Four Diamond Cheyenne Mountain Resort offers the ultimate in Colorado vacationing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cheyenne Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cheyenne Mountain Hotel Colorado Springs
- Cheyenne Mountain Colorado Springs
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs
- Cheyenne Resort Colorado Springs Co