“Thankful they had a Room” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Howard Johnson Colorado Springs
Ranked #82 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Loveland, Colorado
“Thankful they had a Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Thankful this Howard Johnson had a room, when the Days Inn down the street didn't honor our confirmed Wyndham Reservation. Yes the rooms are basic and it's an older hotel, but our room was quite clean and had a flat screen tv and good wi-fi, and it is close to the north end of the I-25 Interstate in Colorado Springs, Co. My main reason for writing this positive review is that I want to give a big thank-you to Bernice, the front desk clerk at my checkout. Thank-you Bernice for helping get my wife an I back on the road, when we were having major car problems. Your kindness and generosity made all the difference between a continuing good smooth trip and a trip that wouldn't have been so smooth. Thanks again Bernice for getting us back on the road :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HoJo80920, Manager at Howard Johnson Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 22 October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we greatly appreciate all thoughts and opinions. We are so happy to hear that you had a good stay and we were able to help you out when the other hotel could not honor your reservation. We pride ourselves in being a friendly and helpful staff and we are glad we were able to prove that during your stay. We hope you will come see us in the future and all of our improvements. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Granby, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I just needed a place to sleep for the night and this hotel was close to where I would be attending church in the morning.

Check-in was fine, however I did see a sign up on the back wall for the staff at the front desk warning them against letting guests use pay-per-view. The sign also threatened staff that if it continued the cost of the movies would be taken out of their pay check and also provided a lie to give to guests when they weren't able to rent a movie. I was disappointed that the sign was right at the front desk where guests could read it.

The room itself was ok. It was clean, but the sheets and the blanket on the bed had small holes in them.

For the price I paid I wasn't expecting anything fancy or service that was above and beyond..just a clean room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we greatly appreciate all thoughts and opinions. I am very sorry that the sign about the pay-per-view movies was visible for the guests. We were having some problems with the network that provides the movies and instead of trying to accommodate those issues, we chose another route to go. At this time, we no longer offer pay-per-view movies. We sincerely apologize for this. Since your stay, we have updated our linens as well as other renovations and updates to the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have stayed here several times and although cheap it is close to the AFA where I work on call. Today I arrived at 2:57 to be told that I had arrive very early for check-in. I said 3 min. early. He said he couldn't ask to see if my room was ready because he wouldn't speak Spanish. I asked if any rooms were ready. He said he couldn't put me in another room because then two rooms would be dirty. Didn't get this logic. I told him I had a meeting at 4pm I needed to get to. I was told to go to the meeting and my room should be ready by then. What?? I was mad then and told him he had 2 min. to find a room for me or I was cancelling. He told me to go ahead and cancel he didn't care. After I left and proceeded to call "customer care" he checked in the two people behind me and that's not including the one in front of me. He had absolutely no business being around people at all. He hung up twice on customer care and that was the only way I could cancel my room. So he wasn't going to give me a room, instead he was just going to charge me for a room. And hire English speaking maids! In this economy it is ridiculous that all of their maids can ONLY speak Spanish. The staff is never friendly. You can see that they are paid minimum wage and don't care if they have customers or not. Always a bunch of nearly homeless people staying there. I won't again. Trying to save money is not worth it when I can stay at the Hilton, down the street, for $30 more.

Room Tip: Cross your fingers and hope they will give you one.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank csgeisha
HoJo80920, General Manager at Howard Johnson Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
I am very sorry that your were not treated appropriate. Upon being notified of this issue, I immediately contacted you to try and make things right; we are happy that you gave us another chance, to provide you with the service that you deserve. I personally look forward to the mornings when you come to check out, I have enjoyed talking with you.

We appreciate the feedback that you have given us, and your continuance in remaining one of our guests.

Look forward to seeing you again, soon.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Found dirty towels , dirt and plaster behind dresser. Water was left running in shower. Shower nob stripped. Couldn't sleep worried about the health of my young grand daughter. Terrible housekeeping. Breakfast was another issue, no spray for waffle iron do waffles wouldn't stick. Long night!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HoJo80920, General Manager at Howard Johnson Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
We thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate your time in providing it. I have looked into the issues that you had during your stay, and , I am sorry for any inconvience you may have had, and would have been glad to have handle things for you personally. If there is anything I can do or help you in any way, if you come to Colorado Springs again, please contact me personally. As for not providing non-stick spray, this is due to the fact that the company that provides the waffle equipment, has stated non-stick spray is not to be used, only the daily conditioning spray.
El Paso, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Obtained a great rate of $35 (prob. due to a last minute booking). Room spacious, clean. Breakfast was pretty good - finally some fresh fruit! Lobby nicely decorated for the holidays. Coffee and fridge in room.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HoJo80920, General Manager at Howard Johnson Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I am very please to know that you enjoyed your stay, and hope that you will come again.
Alamosa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I have stayed here in the past and continue to because the rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your feedback and Brand loyaty when you are here in Colorado Springs. We enjoy having you stay with us, and look forward to the next trip.