“The staff was great!”

Ranked #48 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Denver, Colorado
“The staff was great!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We go to Colorado Springs quite often and we stay at the Comfort Inn North because the staff is great. Andrew is helpful and always remembers us. He is knowledgable about the area and able to give great directions. Christina checked us in, she remembered us and was very kind. She was very good at her job and pleasant. Joseph and Chuck are additional staff that have always been very helpful! The staff goes out of the to make you happy. I went for bike ride (trail runs behind the Hotel) and Andrew had an orange for me on my return. Awesome! He is an asset to the Comfort Inn! Christina is a great start to the day, she has a happy smile and friendly attitude and makes you feel welcome! She does a great job! Thank You For a Wonderful weekend!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hello Beth E,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit this stunning review on our hotel. I am glad that you enjoy staying with us as much as do you and wanted to let you know we look forward to your each and every stay with us. We are always striving to provide the best customer service that we possibly can. We look forward to your next stay!

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Colorado Spring
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Speaking with the manager ( ANDREW ) on the phone was very pleasant, when we arrived Andrew showed us the room first and it was very clean. We decided to book the room after explaining our experience at the he Days Inn with people smoking in their rooms at a non smoking hotel, The manager there would not do anything, Andrew informed us that this hotel dose not tolerate smoking. Andrew was like a breath of fresh air and very knowledgeable about Colorado Springs. We asked for sights to see and places to eat. Andrew always was so bubbly and eager to help you out in way he could, He also told us places for employment. This hotel is A plus very clean and great breakfasts. This hotel also has walking trails behind it. So you could enjoy a peaceful afternoon walk and hear the birds sing. I used these walking trails every day to walk my dog. I would highly recommend this hotel. Andrew is like a walking book of knowledge of the best restaurants and sights to see.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Debbie D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always a wonderful thing to read a review from a guest that enjoyed their stay as much as you did. We all make it a goal to know about as much of Colorado Springs as we can. This makes it easier to provide our guests with the knowledge they may need when staying in town. We are a non-smoking hotel and try to make sure that it stays that way for all of our guests enjoyment.

I hope that the job hunt or jobs you may have now are going well.

We hope to see you again whenever you are in the area.

Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We were excited to book a travel package through priceline which included a stay at the Comfort Inn located at 6450 Corporate Center Dr CO. We had arrived late after a day of flight and were aware of the poor conditions (filth and a non-working heating/cooling system) to list a few concerns. After speaking with the desk manager and showing the photos we had taken as proof, the response was "wow that's crazy". We then politely asked to move to a different Comfort Inn which in fact was located closer to our destination, the response 'was we will call you.' We are still waiting on this call and had to pay an additional 400.00 to stay elsewhere after no response was received. A credit is certainly in order and deserving not merely an I'm sorry for your experience as ALL the other reviews have been answered with Tim Yahner

Room Tip: The pictures are deceiving and are not an accurate description
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Timy1218
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Timy1218,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay with us. I looked up your account and noticed that we did in fact refund the money to priceline. We cannot refund to your account directly we have to refund to priceline and they should have refunded the money to your account. Priceline.com does not allow us to transfer, cancel or change their reservations. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I do not know who you spoke to at the desk but will be sure to pass along to all of my employees that this issue was handled improperly and unacceptably. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a wonderful stay in Colorado Springs. If there is anything further I can do to assist you feel free to email me at andrewsharp018@gmail.com.

Sincerest Apologies,
719-262-9000
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night while attending a football game at Air Force.

The front desk clerk was very welcoming. He gave us a choice of two rooms – an upstairs room with a better view, but where some visitors had complained about the smell, or a lower room which didn’t have such a good view, but was possibly a little bigger and would definitely smell fresh. We opted for the latter.

The room was just off the reception, and was a very good size. There was a fridge and microwave in the room. The bathroom wasn’t that big, but was adequate.

Breakfast was the usual selection of continental items, and with hot sausages and scrambled eggs.

The hotel was just a short drive from the Air Force Academy stadium, and had ample free parking. The surrounding mountain views were beautiful. The hotel is right next door to the Adventure Miniature Golf park, so would be ideal for visitors to that attraction looking for an overnight stay.

I would recstay at this hotel again if I was in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Loulabelle44
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Loulabelle44,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to welcome you warmly and give you options to make sure we had the right room for you. We would be glad to see you again if you are ever in the area.

Washington, Utah
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed at this Comfort Inn on Oct 31st & Nov 1st & 2nd 2013 The Inn is average in nearly all aspects, and like many of the Comfort Inns which have been purchased by foreign nationals, pretty much everything has been pared to the bone to save costs. The breakfast is sub-standard compared to many other Comfort inns, and they allow guests to bring their dogs into the breakfast area with them. For folks like us, who have a problem with both pet dander and odor, this was absolutely repugnant and totally inconsiderate of other guests.

On the other hand, the folks at the front desk were congenial and most helpful. Nonetheless, due to the dog issue, we would not stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Allen H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the issue you experienced and thank you very much for bringing it to my attention. We are a pet friendly hotel but they are not allowed in the breakfast room. I will be sure to bring this issue up with my staff and make sure they are informed that pets are not allowed.

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is listed as a 2.5 star in most places and that's exactly what it is. I got what I expected and am happy with the booking. I'm not sure what others were expecting. This hotel does the job.

Pros. The hotel is located in a nice part of Colorado Springs. The northwest side. Close to the Air Force Academy and UCCS and Garden of the Gods. It's not in a sketchy part of town, which can be common with Colorado Springs. It's also close to the highway. And you can get to most areas of town easily.

The room itself was decent (again. What you'd expect) Bed was decent comfort wise and seemed clean. Flat screen tv, fridge and microwave (very old). A desk, dresser, plenty of lamps and a chair. Also an iron, ironing board, hair dryer, safe, hangers. The window unit A/C did the job.

I liked the breakfast. Good choice of items, waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins, eggs, sausage, Danish, yogurt, juice, coffee, milk.

Free Internet, Easy parking.

Check in was simple. I booked through Priceline and added days so I had multiple reservations and the desk attendant put all my days together and made it easier, keeping the same room.

Hotel backs up to a quiet area with a stream and walking/bike path.

Cons - non-smoking room smelled a bit like smoke. Very very close to the highway. Like 70 yards, so noise can be an issue, although the fan ( on highest setting) drowned the noise out for me and I am sensitive to noise at night. Overall has a bit of a cheap feel, but again, not its claiming to be anything else.

Overall I'd recommend it. It does its job for its category.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Nick E,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel we appreciate the feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again if you are ever in the area in the future.

Comfort Inn
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We did not spend much time in our room as we had several engagements with family and friends. We were in Colorado from Florida for my mother's funeral. Andrew allowed us to put our bags in our room early so that we could go without having to haul them everywhere we went. The room was not quite ready when we got there, but it was only noon, and check in is at 3. Andrew made sure we had everything we needed. The room was clean. It was obvious that recent renovations had taken place, and they were working on painting the outside of the building. The view from our room was a creek, trees, and mountains. it was so much better than a street view. How nice to be able to open the windows for fresh air instead of running an air conditioner. The breakfast was very good, and better than other hotels stayed in recently. I was actually able to eat some of the foods. I have dietary restrictions. Andrew is very professional, yet pleasant to talk to. He knows the meaning of the words Customer Service.
Joseph attempted to help with the printer in the business center as I wanted to print out my boarding passes. Even though we were unable to get the printer to work, you could tell Joseph was really trying to meet the needs of the guest, and was disappointed when he could not. He was very helpful at checkout. I really did not want to leave. If these gentlemen are still working at the Comfort Inn when we return to Colorado, we will definiitely be staying with them.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel face the mountains. The view is spectacular.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear islandgirl0719,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and use it to make sure we provide the best service for our guests. I am glad that we were able to make your stay with us an enjoyable one and look forward to seeing you in the future. It is always nice to know that we helped somone enjoy their stay I will be sure to share this with Joseph if he has not already seen it.