“View from back is great”

Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area
Ranked #49 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Location is good, very close to I-25; although not right off interstate, very easy to access. Seems to be a refurbished property and while overall impression is ok, there are some things that need to be fixed or spruced up. Desk staff were all nice, friendly and helpful w/directions and recommendations. Our room was on 4th floor and faced back of property which gave us a wonderful view of the mountains as well as the creek that runs behind the property. It was spacious w/plenty of room for 2. The bath was not self-contained: the sink was in an alcove in the main room and the toilet and tub/shower share a small room, an arrangement that has some benefits but some may prefer having all together in one bathroom. The towel holders looked as though they would fall off the walls but they stayed in place! The refrig and microwave had their own little space along w/a bar-sized sink. The room seemed clean but had a musty smell which we kind of got used to. Only 1 ice machine on the 1st floor as is the small laundry room. Exercise room is very small and had 1 treadmill which I could not get to work, a bike and a weight machine; remote for TV was missing and tv would not come on even using side controls. Easy access to greenway bike/walk/run trail that runs behind the property and the weather was great so that made a nice and safe exercise alternative. We probably would stay here again due to location, convenience and price but would request another room if it smelled. It is comfortable enough but doesn't seem to be the most up-to-date. We gave this an overall rating of 4, rounding up from a 3.5. The must smell and the inconveniences of the ice machine, laundry room and exercise room led to the lower rating.

• Stayed: June 2014
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Travel_2gether_89,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable room for the night. I have my Maintenance and my Housekeeping staff working to eliminate any odors that may have been in the rooms. The treadmill requires a key to use and the key can be received from the front desk. I had thought there was a note detailing that by the machine but upon double checking I had to place one, I apologize for this inconvenience.

I hope you will consider staying with us again so we have another chance to provide you with a wonderful stay here in Colorado Springs.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Location is good, very close to I-25, although not right off the interstate, very easy to access. Seems to be a refurbished property and while the overall impression is OK, there are some things that need to be fixed or spruced up. Desk staff were all nice, friendly and helpful with directions and recommendations. Our room was on 4th floor and faced the back of the property which was great as this gave us a wonderful view of the mountains as well as the creek that runs behind the property. It was spacious with plenty of room for two. The bath was not self-contained: the sink was an an alcove in the main room and the toilet and tub/shower share a small room, an arrangement that has some benefits but some may prefer having all together in one bathroom. The towel holders looked like they could fall off the wall but they stayed in place! The refrig and microwave had their own little space which also included a bar-sized sink. The room seemed clean but had a musty smell which we kind of got used to. Only one ice machine and it is on the 1st floor as is the small laundry room. Exercise room is very small and had 1 treadmill which I could not get to work, a bike and a weight machine; remote for tv was missing and I could not get tv to turn on using side controls. But there is easy access to the greenway bike/walk/run trail that runs behind the property and the weather was great so that made a nice and safe exercise alternative. We would probably stay here again due to the location, convenience, and price and it's comfortable enough but it doesn't seem to be the most up-to-date property. We gave this an overall rating of 4, rounding up from a 3.5. The musty smell and inconveniences of the ice machine and fitness room led to the lower rating.

Room Tip: The 4th floor rooms on the back side have a great view of the mountains!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My entire family came to my son's graduation May 28 2014. We rented a total of 7 rooms for 5 nights each. Our reservation was very complicated as people were arriving and leaving on different nights. Andrew and Joe? did an excellent job of keeping our reservation straight and my wife calm. Everyone in my family(22 people) enjoyed their stay at this hotel. Everyone was pleased with their rooms and the breakfast quality and variety was excellent. The pool is small and it was green, but the kids did not mind and had a great time . Even my hard to please mother-in-law had no complaints ! This hotel is not the newest or biggest, but it is in an excellent location and the best value in hotels I have found. Thank you all for a great visit.

Room Tip: mountainside is best
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank denmor1991
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear denmor1991,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We always appreciate receiving positive feedback. It encourages us to do the best that we can do for our guests. I will be sure to share this response with Joseph to make sure he knows to keep up the good work as well.

We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Upon check in Christina was great, excellent customer service. Bed was comfy room was okay and b'fast good.
Location was soso
Pool was terrible
Hot tub nasty and didnt work
Patio area poor
Fitness center huh
Hallways smelly
Conveniences low
MANAGEMENT POOR - c'mon man I told the front front desk and they apologized and said they will look into things, they should offer a free stay or partial refund based on issues instead of responding as they do. The front desk wouldnt even give me a free .25cent bottle of sams club water they wanted a dollar, a dollar after they advertise ammenities that dont properly exist.

Room Tip: Ask ahead of time if they have attended to these items and pay $40 if not.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark Audrey S
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Mark Audrey S,

I am concerned about the issues you brought up and am sorry that we were unable to provide you with a comfortable stay here in Colorado Springs. I would like to make sure that I am understanding what it is that I need to do to change the hotel for the better but I am not sure that you gave me enough information about each individual issue.
Our pool is clean and the chemicals are tested 3 times a day.
Our hot tub was randomly shutting the pumps off but we have fixed that problem and the water is also clean and chemicals tested 3 times a day
The patio area we try to make sure we keep it clean so people can enjoy the view of the creek with the backdrop of the mountains.
The fitness center has a treadmill, exercise bike, and weight machine.
The hallways are vacuumed daily and steam cleaned at least 2 times a month
If we were unaware of the issues beforehand then we had no way of fixing them. I appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention so we have a chance to fix these issues.

If I did not mention something or you have further ideas to help me make sure the hotel is clean and comfortable please e-mail me at andrewsharp018@gmail.com.

My apologies,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for two nights this past weekend while visiting friends. While it appears that the hotel has been renovated with new carpets, fixtures and beds, the overall condition of the hotel needs attention. Carpets throughout were dirty and our room smelled of smoke although I was assured when I called ahead to reserve a non-smoking room that all rooms were smoke free. We spotted several mice running around near the side exit of the building. Our towels had several stains on them which is unacceptable to me. The only redeeming graces were that our bed was comfortable and the breakfast was great. I guess management is able to charge so much for such poor quality because of the lack of competition in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Katie W,

On behalf of my entire staff I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We are continually trying to better ourselves and make sure that we are able to provide a comfortable and clean stay to all of our guests. We are in the process of buying new towels and my maintenance staff will be starting the process of doing a steam clean of all the carpets. I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. We are unfortunately right next to a field so we are constantly working to keep them out of the building, we generally succeed. We are a non-smoking hotel and any time we catch a guest smoking in the hotel we immediately remove them from the property.

I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with an exceptional stay at our hotel.

My apologies,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife and I spent 5 nights here and we both enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, quiet and the king bed was comfortable. The staff was attentive to our needs and were very professional. The breakfast was great and plentiful. We had no major issues and the minor issues we did have was taken care of promptly. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the mountain side (west)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Michael W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am glad that my staff was able to provide you with a comfortable stay at our hotel. The view on the west side is definitely worth the little bit of extra money we charge for it. It is always worth asking for a free upgrade at the hotel as well. If we have the rooms we are always happy to upgrade.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Whole building needs updating. Others in group said crack in shower area. Hot water no problem even with the hotel full. Decided to clean the pool on the busiest week of the year. Clothes washing facilities good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Donna L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and am sorry that we were not able to provide you with an excellent stay here at our hotel. I apologize for the pool being down but unfortunately it was turning green and we could not get it clean with just chemicals so we had to acid wash the entire thing. I will be sure to talk to my housekeeping about letting us know if there is any cracks in the shower areas so we can find that room and get the shower or tile fixed.

Thanks again,