“Value for the price, but that's about it”

Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area
Ranked #51 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Littleton, Colorado
“Value for the price, but that's about it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

It is what it is, the cost of stay is low and it is definitely not the kind of hotel we would stay at for days - this was only for one night. The king size bed frame was not set properly and my husband cut his foot while getting into bed. There is an automatic fee that is assessed to the room due to the safe box being in your room (whether you asked for it or not), make sure to ask them to remove it if you don't use it. When we checked in, a crew of housekeeping ladies were at the dining room talking and laughing very loudly (isn't there a staff breakroom?). The smell in the room was very musky and almost mold-like. Hotel is outdated and run down. The front desk staff was very friendly and nice. All in all, will not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Cheshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights when my fiance and I were visiting Colorado Springs. The hotel doesn't look very nice from the outside and unfortunately the inside is similar. After finally getting our stuff to the room, which was very difficult even with use of a elevator and broken luggage cart, we found one of the beds had un-clean bed sheets. Being too tired and luckily having another bed, we decided to ignore it and use this bed to put our cases on. The lady on reception was the only good thing about this hotel as she was very helpful and allowed us to check in early, as our trip didn't take as long as we thought. Breakfast food was nice, but make sure to wake up early as the room is so small it fills up very fast. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear dannix7x,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. On behalf of my entire staff I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I would like to inform you of the plans that we have in the hopes that you will come back and see us again so that we may show you we are changing for the better.

We are in the process of a deep clean of all of our carpets and will be doing some renovation work in the next few months to update our appearance. The outside we are planning on a bit of zeroscaping and replacing the grass right at the beginning of spring next year, basically things to improve the look of the outside as well.

We are buying all new linens for our rooms and have switched to a different laundry system to make sure that our linens stay clean and white.

I will be sure to share this response with my front desk so that they know to keep up the good work, and with my housekeeping and maintenance to make sure they know the things we are doing wrong.

I hope you will consider staying with us again so we can have a chance to show you our improvement.

Thanks again,
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Let me start off by saying the staff was very nice and helpful and the service here was not the issue. The hotel itself is falling apart and out of date. The room was meh, with old appliances and features. I felt dirty staying in our room. Then it got worst, when we found bugs on our floor and in our bed. We had just driven in from Washington, and I just wanted to sleep, but the whole night all I could worry about was bugs around me. Let alone my bed was broken. I rolled over and the whole side tipped. We ended up sharing one bed instead of using the two queens. Breakfast was good, but the room was too far over capacity even at 7a.m. We rushed breakfast so people had a place to sit. If I'm ever back that way, I probably wouldn't spend the night there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

The room was fine....the beds were fine...everything was what we expected. The check-in process was quick and efficient. The only "problem" we had was at breakfast. The selection was good....scrambled eggs, sausage, waffle maker, yogurt, boiled eggs, breads, pastries. The problem was that the breakfast room was filled to capacity (I think the hotel might have been full that night.) and there was only one person trying VERY hard to keep everything stocked for all the breakfast eaters. She had a pleasant demeanor (I would have been very frazzled by her work conditions.), but that didn't make up for having to wait for basic things to be re-stocked....coffee, scrambled eggs (they were never replenished in the almost an hour we were there), breads, etc. The hotel management should have a plan to help this lady out when all of the hungry travelers hit the breakfast room at about the same time!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Rick107,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay here in Colorado Springs. I will talk with my General Manager and see if there is anything we can do to try to make sure breakfast is better stocked and my breakfast person has some help along the way. Thank you for pointing this out to me so I can solve the problem for any future guests.

Thanks again,
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed for one night. It was hard to find a parking space. Checking in was ok. The room had no closet a first for us. No cups (plastic or glass) available for drinking water etc.

Breakfast was average and we had to ask for sauces i.e ketchup which were hidden in a cupboard.

The pool was tiny.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Chris4UK54,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. All of our rooms should have cups for both water and coffee. I will be sure to remind my housekeeping staff to make sure to put cups in the rooms.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so we have another chance to provide you with a wonderful stay.

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This property is definitely not up to the quality I've come to expect from Choice Hotels. We arrived late and tired and went straight up to our room to go to sleep. The room was mostly clean. However, there were water stains on the bathroom ceiling and generally the room felt tired. Most importantly the bedframe rails were sticking out on one of the beds, but covered by the comforter (at least partially). I cut my foot pretty bad when I went to sit down on the bed. I was glad it was me and not one of my kids. This hotel needs further renovations assuming there have already been some and overall quality assurance by management to ensure that the maintenance staff is keeping the place up. It's in a pretty good location but I would pick somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Skyflow,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. Reviews let us know what we are doing right, wrong, and what we need to change all together. We did complete a partial renovation last year during the winter months replacing, the carpet, beds, chairs, headboards, lamps, and a few other things. We are planning this winter to replace the; bed frames, wallpaper and all the little odds and ends that we need to complete the renovation we started last year.

I am concerned by the issue with the bed frame that you brought up though and I would like to assure you we will be replacing everything but the bed itself this winter. We are also in the process of having my maintenance staff go room to room to make sure everything in a room is top notch before moving on to the next.

My apologies,
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Triple A made our reservations for our road trip out west. Since we were traveling with a dog they booked us a room here. We arrived after a 10 hour drive exhausted and hungry. Our room did not look like it had been cleaned. Beds were made but coffee drips all over the sink. There was a hole in the bathroom door, torn wall paper in the room. We were hungry but not enough to eat the food the previous guest left in the room. We decided to make the most of it since it was late. Only to awake with a flooded bathroom because the toilet had a broken seal. When leaving I started to explain how disappointed we were in the room, however all the front desk clerk could say was sorry and we could wait for a manager to come on duty.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mark K, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn North - Air Force Academy Area, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear GHBLABBEY,

I am concerned about the issues that you experienced during your stay with us here at the Comfort Inn. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and bring these issues to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make sure everyone has a satisfying stay with us.

I would like to further assist you and make sure that I know which room needs the toilet fixed. I would also like to know which housekeeper would have cleaned the room so I can make sure that problem is taken care of.

If you would not mind sending me an email so I can make sure to address these issues, please email gm.co018@choicehotels.com.

Thank you for your time and in advance for your e-mail.