“Under Renovation but not a bad place to stay”

Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods
Ranked #79 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I was there for a few days for business. It is family owned and under a lot of renovation. My room was good to go, the rest of the place is being re done one floor one room at a time. It is very reasonably priced and the staff are all about helping you out to make sure things are taken care of during your stay. Its quiet out of the way and right next to a pretty good Mexican Restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask about which ones have the new flat screens and if the cable is working right. get good instructi...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Yeon M, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words and support of our establishment. We appreciate you choosing us as we are always happy to please to keep you coming back. We hope you come back to stay with us again soon and see the changes we have made, and to give you another great experience. Please call ahead so your accommedations can ready for your arrival. 719)598-1700.

Again, thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

I live just about a hundred miles south of Springs, my boyfriend and I were just getting away for our one year anniversary, and we had a small budget so what really mattered to me was the price, which was $35 for a single King smoking room on the second floor with a balcony in January. And, like the title says, I got what I paid for. The first thing we noticed is this hotel is actually Quite difficult to get to. All of Springs is kinda like that, but just the way the roads are set up, you better be coming off the 1-25 from the North if you want the easiest way to get to the hotel. Otherwise, it'll take you a while to try and figure out how to get there. When we finally arrived, the lady behind the desk was very smiley and kind to us, although I don't think she speaks fluent English. The hallway leading up to our room was under renovation, but nothing that was too inconvenient....they were just re-tiling. The room however was a pretty sad sight. The balcony was pretty cool, but the TV has some mystery white substance on it, there was no ashtray until we asked her for one, the toilet had problems flushing, and the bottom of the shower was....for lack of a better definition.... squishy. The room also had a room service menu that was out-of-date, we almost ordered food that was twice as much as the menu said it would be. But, like I said, the front desk clerk was nice, and there were no unwanted disturbances. So, like I said. Definitely $35 worth.

Room Tip: Ask for balcony rooms. If you get one overlooking the poolside, it's better than the ones overlo...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Yeon M, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Dear guest,

First I would like to apologize for your experience her at Days Inn. We hope you come back soon to see the changes we have made and to right the wrong, giving you a better experience in the end. We ask you call ahead of time so we can make sure all accommedations are ready for your arrival. 719)598-1700
The issues you had mentioned have been taken care of including the toilet issue, the shower issue, and all new tile throughout the hotel. We've also made various other changes such as new carpet, new paint, new furnature, and new bedding in most of the rooms.

Again, I do apologize for your poor experience here at Days Inn.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

Gave this place a great review the first time I stayed HOWEVER... that was last winter. Stayed there again this past summer & the staff was only ok this time. We asked to have the same sweet as the first time we stayed & very rude would not give it to us, no one else had it yet! We ended up with a small cramped dirty room. Next day we asked for a late check out & the (wife) owner was nasty to him & told him we HAD to leave, they are busy! Will only stay there again if I want a place to eat, drink & not have to drive to a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MountainWoman77

Dear guest,

We have made many changes since your last stay with new carpet, new paint, new bedding, and new furnature.

Again, I do apologize for the poor experience here at the Days Inn.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

rms, service bad no cleaning of rooms mgr is nasty, charges a la carte for dogs, towels, and there is no receipts given for the monies taken in, charges monies and gives old towels, tax write off for the days inn, tax fraud, monies extra with no receipt is personal monies for the korean manager, i worked for irs three years, the form will be filled out, disrespectful the korean, tax evasion, monies towels, dogs, and other services no receipts, tax evasion of the korean lady at the front desk. pockets money. i report what they find i get a cut of it. stay somewhere else, nothing works, shower no hot water, drips, tolet fixed twice, no cleaning of room ever. no internet in room that is why computer did not pick up signal, some of the rooms not all of the rooms, no free calls like some places local and long distance free for one hour worth, the cost of this motel, extended stay hotel/motel nevada avenue, clean, with a kitchen. and free phone calls, local and long, i stayed there 2010 free calls to the embassy in washington, dc., and to whyoming. coffee tea etc.,

Room Tip: stay chapel hills mall area, bus stop at 6pm on mon-sat none sunday friendlier not a la carte stayed...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear guest,

First I would like to apologize for your experience here at Days Inn. We hope you come back soon to see the changes we have made and to right the wrong, giving you a better experience in the end. We ask you call ahead of time so we can make sure all accommedations are ready for your arrival. 719)598-1700

Changes we have made include new carpet, new paint, new bedding and furnature, wi-fi throughout the hotel and tile flooring throughout the hotel.

Reviewed 1 October 2011

I cannot complain about the price at $50, the bed was comfortable and everything worked (lights, tv, microwave, shower, etc). I wish I could say the same for the management/staff. I've never written a review in my life, but after this experience I felt compelled to do so. A couple hours after checking in my wife was sleeping and I had just gotten out of the shower when someone tried to enter our room. This person actually opened the door until it was stopped by the loop lock (recessed handle lock) that I had thankfully remembered to use. I did not know what to make of this. There was no knock or announcement before this person's attempted entry. I was left thinking we may have been potential victims of a robbery or much worse. However, I looked out through the key hole and saw a middle-aged woman walking away and she did not look the least bit sinister, which put me at ease. A little while later we get a knock at the door and there is the same woman and a man with a very large dog. In an accusatory tone, they tell me that they have no record of anyone staying in our room. They don't even introduce themselves as owners/managers/employees of the hotel, they simply insinuate that we somehow gained unlawful access to the hotel room without paying, essentially that we were "squatting." This was the second time my wife was woken up from sleep and I was interrupted in the final minutes of Monday night football. I suggested that they go back and check their records, specifically their credit card machine as I had paid with credit card. Luckily I had kept my receipt, which I showed them, to which they simply said "sorry" and left. I don't expect perfection. These hotel workers are just people after all and people make mistakes. But come on, how do you simply forget that your guests have paid. What would have happened had I not saved the receipt? How were we supposed to have gained access to the hotel room without having paid? On top of that, their behavior was appalling. Had I been in their shoes and made such a grievous error, I would be apologizing profusely. Additionally, I would provide a full refund and give the guests the night for free. Needless to say, we will never stay there again. I hope the two individuals who put a real damper on our experience learn to treat their guests as guests, rather than as criminals.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 September 2011

So, it wasn't that bad. It wasn't great either. I was in the 'Springs for a wedding and found this one on hotels.com. Decently priced for a one night stay. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was big, and we had a first floor room with a walk out patio. The beds were terrible. Felt like sleeping on plywood with a blanket on it, but this forced me to get up around 2 in the morning and go out on the patio where there were eight bucks (that's male deers not dollars) grazing around the pool right out my back door. So overall, it worked and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed 10 September 2011

Great nice,quite, motel, alittle road noise, just turn ur ac on. dont know why some bad reviews, its not a 4 star,its a 2 star, everyone knows that before they pay the cheap price.
All staff very helpful an kind, very helpful with pointing out attractions,which by the way are very close.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words and support of our establishment. We hope you come stay with us again soon and see the changes we have made to include new carpet, new paint, new furnature and bedding, w-fi throughout the hotel, and new tile flooring throughout the hotel. Please call ahead so accommedations can be ready for your arrival. 719)598-1700

Again, thank you for your kind words.