“Worst hotel ever”

Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods
Ranked #78 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My stay at Days Inn Garden of the Gods was terrible. The only GOOD thing I can say is the room was clean, with the exception that yesterdays newspaper was still (in a messy pile) on the computer desk. Speaking of computers - no place to plug it in near the desk EXCEPT behind the credenza - and my power cord is NOT that long.

Breakfast is from 6-9 am - we arrived at 7:30 to find 4 MINI donuts, 1 slice of bread, no fruit, and cereal that I have no idea what kind it was, NO FRUIT at all (they ran out at 6:30). Needless to say we went to McDonald's around the corner for breakfast.

Our room faced the back side of the office - which was stacked with old furniture, rolled up carpets etc. Looked terrible. I realize they are supposedly remodeling but leaving that crap IN SIGHT of guests is unacceptable.

One of the outside doors was propped open by a brick. The point of having room doors IN SIDE is for safety and security. By leaving a door propped open, you negate the safety and security of your guests.

The room furniture was OK but dark wood - but the walls were painted dark too - which made the room unpleasant. The bedspread was bright and cheery, though.

I am a Days Inn employee and I can say for sure, I've never stayed in a Days Inn that was THIS bad.

I give this hotel 5 thumbs-down. It sucked, I'll never stay there again and warn others about staying there too.

Room Tip: Read reviews first before you book ANY room, ANY brand.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Yeon M, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to aplologize about your recent stay here at the Garden of the Gods Days Inn. We do offer extension cords at the front desk for computers, and I will speak to my employee about the breakfast situation. My staff is good about keeping the breakfast items stocked until 9am. We are constantly removing furnature from the back of the office, and soon it will be completely removed and I appreciate your patience and understanding with this. Our staff is constantly walking the hallways to maintain the safety of our establishment, so I apologize about the brick. We do well to make sure this doesn't happen.

As always we appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention so they can be dealt with. Please give us another chance to right the wrong and give you a better experience. If you have any more concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. 719)5998-1700

Reviewed 22 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Yeon M, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Found items under the bed, soap in the shower, Toilet ran non-stop, noisy (interstate noise and an old heater).
Internet says views of the mountains, we viewed the back of the lobby, and the interstate/town beyond that.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Yeon M, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear Guest,

First I would like to apologize for your recent stay at the Days Inn. Our staff work hard to make sure everything is in order to provide an enjoyable and clean experience for each of our guests and I'm sorry that it was not the case for your stay. Please give us a chance to right the wrong and give you a better experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any more questions or concerns. 719)598-1700

Again, I apologize for the poor experience here at the Days Inn.

Days Inn
Colorado Springs, CO 80907

Reviewed 11 October 2012

The hot water in the shower is the best I have ever taken in a motel and I've stayed in many motels in my travels. Service was outstanding! The front desk were efficient, and friendly. They made sure I had what I needed to make my stay more comfortable. The motel itself was very comfortable, and it feels safe. @ things I llok for most when choosing my motels. The room was clean. Wi-fi was excellent. The breakfast was okay for continental.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank anonymousme80907
Yeon M, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words and support of our establishment. The staff work hard to make everyones stay more enjoyable. When comeing back to Colorado Springs, please do not hesitate to give us a call, so we can make sure all accomedations aree ready for your arrival. 719)598-1700

Againa, Thank you for you kind words

Colorado Springs, CO 80907

Reviewed 10 October 2012

My first thought when we pulled up was "sketchy." It isn't good that the motel is directly connected to a Mexican restaurant.. Definitely a turn off. We arrived around 4:30 (check in begins at 3) and our check in was easy and fast. The inside seemed dated. Our room was on the second floor, and we had to walk up a sketchy set of stairs in a very... Utilitarian hallway. The door to the stairs didn't even have a doorknob. When we got to the second floor, rooms were still being cleaned, even though check out was at 11am. We opened the door to our room, and were greeted by a mess. We stood in the door way in disgust and shock, and one of the maids saw us, looked at the room, and she and the man rushed to clean our room and apologized profusely. They did express some annoyance with the fact that the manager was checking people in to unclean rooms. We were not positive if they had exchanged the old sheets for new ones, although we asked twice and they said that they had. I also requested more towels, because I didn't trust that they had brought in new ones. Suffice it to say that we will never be staying there again, and will be letting all of our friends know the horrible experience we had. I wouldn't even stay there as a break from a long drive.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
First, I would like to apologize for your recent stay here at the Days Inn Garden of the Gods. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. All of the issues you have mentioned have been taken care of. Please know that we are undergoing renovations and are always making progress in making the hotel better for our guests. It is our hope you give us another chance to right the wrong and give you a better experience. Please call us with any remaining questions or concerns. 719)598-1700

Days Inn
Colorado Springs, 80907

Reviewed 25 September 2012

We booked this hotel through a travel site. When we first arrived there were signs posted to please exscuse the mess they were remodeling. Once we were given our room keys we walked forever (no directions to find our room were given and it is a failry sprawling place) and found that the room that had been given to us was filthy. Sheets were on the floor, towels on the bathroom floor, pillows flung about the room. Obvoiusly they had given us a room that had not yet been cleaned...mind you this was at midnight we were checking in!!!! So, we walk back to the front desk and get "upgraded" to a suite. The bedding felt sticky, the hallways and insides of the room were very dingy. I know that you get what you pay for but at the price we were paying we could have stayed somewhere cheaper and most likely gotten a cleaner room. I would not stay here at all!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Yeon M, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Dear guest,
I apologize for the poor experience you had while at our establishment. It is our hope you come back and see the changes we have made, but also to give a chance to right the wrong and give you a better experience. We have made many changes since your stay to include new carpet and paint, wi-fi and tile flooring throughout the entire hotel, as well as new furnature and bedding in many of the rooms.

Again, I apologize for the poor experience you had.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Let me start by stating that I was looking for value for the dollar only. Past reviewers might want to consider that you get what you pay for. I pulled in to their parking lot right near the front desk and was greeted promptly when I entered. The young woman behind the front desk was pleasent and helpful. They had my reservation, I picked up my key, and I drove a short distance to my room. It was dark and all of the outside lights were working. I entered the building and walked down a well lit hall. I entered my room with the key-card with no problems. Once inside the lights were turned on, they all worked, and I saw a QS bed, a ~28" TV, a desk, and a small frig. The furnishings and curtains were dated, but the room and bathroom were clean. I turned down the bed and the sheets were soft and clean. When I awoke, I found hot & cold running water and clean towels & wash cloths. I am a non-smoker and detected no smells in my room, but might have picked up a trace in the hall when I came in and left. Check-out was easy and I had coffee & a few mini-muffins before I left. I didn't leave until ~9:30 AM and the Continental Breakfast offerings were a little picked over (note to management). While I was sitting there, I noticed that the seating area and check-in areas were clean, but again very dated. It looked as though they were in the process of doing some updating and I would suggest they continue with this plan. Finally, I would note that their WiFi connection was solid as I did some Skyping that evening. What more can one ask for at ~$45 for the night? Overall, I would stay there again if I were traveling in that area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert H

Dear guest,
Thank you for your kind words and supprt of our establishment. It pleases me to know you enjoyed yourself during your stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are planning to stay with us again so we can make sure to have your accomedations ready for your arrival. (719) 598-1700.

Again, thank you so much for your kind words.