“Not as bad as I thought it would be”

Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods
Ranked #83 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
elpaso TX
“Not as bad as I thought it would be”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2010

I read the reviews on here after I had already made non-cancelable reservation. I was scared to go after what I read on here. when we got there I could tell it was an older building but it looked ok. We checked in and the front desk was great with helping get our things in and even got a fridge brought to our room. The rooms were old, but very clean. It could some updating but it wasn't that bad. I loved that the girl at the front desk knew where everything in town was and could recomend things to do. The head housekeeper was very helpful too. I would come here again and probably will this summer actually.. Service was great so I dont mind if it's an older place.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jackjack2
Yeon M, Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words and support of our establishment. We hope you stay with us again soon and see the changes we have made to include new carpet, new paint, new bedding and furnature, as well as wi-fi and tile flooring throughout the hotel. Please call ahead so accommedations are ready for your arrival. 719)598-1700

Yeon Moon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2009

We visited Colorado Springs and thought Garden of the Gods sounded v. nice so thought a hotel on Garden of the Gods Road would also be v. nice. Big mistake! Although the shops and restaurants around it were v. good and would recommend them.

The hotel was awful. When we arrived they tried to charge us more than we agreed on the phone they finally agreed to let us have it at the original price. We could not leave as we when we were collecting our car from the hire place that Colorado Springs was so busy they had run out of cars and that they had heard there were no hotels with free space.

The corridors were smelly and when we asked a member of staff where our room was we were told she didnt know! The room itself wasnt so bad if you liked mustard - the walls were mustard gloss, we had ordered a fridge but the freezer door was broken and the microwave was so weak it took ages just to boil a cup of water. I had to send down for clean pillows when we arrived!

On 2 occasions the maid tried to come and 'clean' our room when we were there - thankfully we had put the safety catch on- we told her we would be leaving in 30 min and to come back then, When we returned later those days the room hadnt been cleaned and when we complained were told that the maid had gone saying that we had told her that it did not need to be serviced! Not even an apology.

The pool was a disgrace, broken umbrellas, the walls around the flower beds were broken with bits of stone on the path and the pool itself didnt look too clean.

Unfortunately, we were stuck there as our daughter was competing in the World VI Games at Colorado University nearby, which was another reason we chose the hotel. The only good thing was the place was so awful we spent a lot of time out of there and discovered some lovely places in the surrounding area and had a wonderful time there and found some really nice places to stay next time we go ie Manitou Springs is lovely and so clean!!

The only positive point I can make is that the Reception staff were very helpful.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

First I would like to apologize for your experience here at Days Inn. We hope you come back soon to see the changes we have made and to right the wrong, giving you a better experience in the end. We ask you call ahead of time so we can make sure all accommedations are ready for your arrival. 719)598-1700

Changes we have made include new carpet, new paint, new bedding and furnature, wi-fi throughout the hotel and tile flooring throughout the hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Greeley, CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2009

My wife and I are old hippies who have travelled all over the world. We have stayed in some real dives overseas and in "way off the beaten track areas" where tourisim is not an economic consideration for the locals. This place will rival any other dive we have stayed anywhere in the world. Upon entering the hallway of this Days Inn we were immediately confronted by the heavy odor of stale cigarettes. The room did smell a bit better but it was dirty, ants were crawling around the floor in the bathroom (in Febuary), the exhaust fan in the bathroom had a quarter inch build up of greasy fifth on the grate, the bathtub took half an hour to drain after I showered. If we had not had a non-refundable reservation we would have left and found somewhere else to stay. My wife is a seasoned traveller who has slept on the ground in a tent for weeks at a time, caught lice in a youth hostel in europe, spent a week in a run down cabin at 9,000' without electricity or running water, and two week s in a beat up trailer on an Indian reservation which also lacked electricity or running water. Upon leaving this place she looked at me and said something that I had never heard from her before, "I don't ever want to stay here again". I heard her.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple

Wales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2008

The most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. The pictures on this site look good, but the reality is different. A run down, filthy dive. The only access is from a really busy freeway and is suitable for hell drivers only. If you want a meal in the night, forget it, the nearest decent restaurant is a suicide trip across a 4 lane highway. Avoid at all cost !!!!!!!!

• Liked — Zilch
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Northern New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2008

This place looked nothing like the pictures!! Even though the front desk lady was nice, she was eating with five other people which took up the entire small entrance office space. After getting to this place at 10:30pm no one expects to walk in their room and find a dirty wash cloth hanging from the shower rod and another dirty towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door. Just makes me wonder if they bothered to change the sheets! I walked right out of there and went next door to the Motel 8, which is in renovation but 100 times better then this run down very dirty, disgusting Days Inn. I was very disappointed, I have always had good luck with Days Inn everywhere else.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple

MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2008

This place was OK. Our room was clean and the mattress was firm. We didn't use the pool so I'm unsure of its condition. The "complimentary breakfast" was sorely lacking, that is they were out of rolls, bagels, and buns by 8:30 and the staff just blindly watched as the people stared at the empty trays. We ended up having to go out to eat.

• Liked — close to Garden of the Gods
  • Disliked — service/"breakfast"
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2008

I have never reviewed a hotel before and we have traveled quite a bit, but I had to write and warn people NOT to stay at this dump. When my husband and I checked in a little early, we had to wait a few minutes for the room to be ready, which was to be expected. When we opened the door and walked in with our luggage, it reaked of bad BO! It was awful. As I stood there waiting for him to come back, I saw that the curtain was ripped at the bottom, there were marks and fingerprints on the TV, the floor hadn't been vacuumed and the worst part was there was a yellow puddle of water next to the toilet! I didn't want to stay there at all, but my husband went right to the manager who gave us another room. That room was better, but still not the cleanest. There are signs all over the hotel showing there are 3 laundry rooms - one on each floor, but the only one that they had was all the way on the third floor. The interior carpet was dirty and extremely worn out. The exterior was in bad need of repair also. I would NEVER tell anyone to stay at this hotel. They need new management here in order to stay in business.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple