“A great smile and great service”

Econo Lodge Downtown
Ranked #81 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Seattle, Washington
“A great smile and great service”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

i was in colorado springs on a expo event tour.Being new to the area i was looking for great food and something to do with colleagues i had no luck until i stop by the front desk for so help .in which i found thanks to a frontdesk attendant named Dee she told me about some great resturants in town and some great landmarks in the area which i can say help greatly..She was very sincere in all efforts to find something that fit my needs it realy made my stay better.

Room Tip: Just ask front desk they are honest people
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Bishop l

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Copperas Cove
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Where to begin? Number one, this place should recieve zero stars. After driving for 13 hours, my friend and I go to check into this place and it took almost an hour for the girl at the desk to key the card for the door. I had reserved a smoking room over 2 weeks in advance and they gave me a non-smoking room. After complaining, they told me to just smoke in the room. We got in the room and realized we had entered hell. The room was beyond dirty. This place was just nasty. They had several things plugged into a power strip that the face plate for the wall was off. The toilet ran all the time. The chain on the door was broke. There are evidently guests that live there full time, and hang out watching the guests coming and going. We did not feel safe leaving ANYTHING in the room and took everything with us when we'd go somewhere. The parking is a joke. Even with a small car, is was a pain. Oh yes, every time we left the room and tried to get back in, the key card wouldn't work and it would take forever for them to re-key it. Needless to say, I would NEVER stay here again and wouldn't want my worst enemy staying here!! I stayed here July 2011...

Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Farmer City, Illinois
Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

Usually choice hotels have standards that ensure you get what you expect from choice hotels. Clean, safe, reliable. this hotel is in a nice neighborhood but is not adding to it. Cramp and old is how I would describe this hotel. I saw substandard wiring in room. AC worked but rattled as did the bathroom fan. Continental breakfast was a donut and weak coffee. I used reward points for this stay but it was no reward.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Aspen
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Arrived and was immediately turned off by the offensive men around the pool who just stared at me, check-in man checking out the singles websites. Then I get to the room and it was something out of the 50's. Hair in tub, grimy feeling and just plain scary. No fridge, microwave or even
a clock, as promised by the 800# reservationist. She told me I had 3 choices and she recommended this one downtown. Can't believe the others could be as bad!

If you are traveling with a high school sports team, it is probably ok, but I am glad I just
happened to bring along my Bedbug Defense.

Breakfast is in the tiny 12x12 lobby, if it is that big. So this will be quite interesting. I doubt
it is any more than coffee and a donut.

Room Tip: Don't bother. I often stay at Comfort Inn and Comfort Inn Suites and this was the worst of the...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Placitas, New Mexico
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Room was clean, sheets clean, shower head worked so well that turned all the way up it would sting the skin. It is a older motel, but had frig. Microwave and coffee. Lady at the desk very nice
Internet worked great

Room Tip: Room 221 was very quite due to being up high & on the end
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Ruidoso, New Mexico
Reviewed 22 October 2011

disgusting run down rooms, worst housekeeping service in the world, rude, erogant front desk, and actually gave me a curfew on having friends in the room with me. REALLY?? i did not pay money to be controlled by a crappy hotel, i would love to see this place go down or get replaced with someone who knows how to run a hotel

Room Tip: not worth it
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Amanda P
colorado
Reviewed 2 October 2011

our room was filthy, with dirt on the carpet and the floor in the bathroom; dirty tissue under the bathroom sink, all surfaces covered in dust; broken window on our room, cigarette burns in the sheets and bedspread; we only stayed one night of our three night reservation; I understand why they make you pay in advance.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business