“A Variety of Experiences - Best for Families on a Budget”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs
Ranked #17 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A Variety of Experiences - Best for Families on a Budget”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Our family reserved a group of rooms this July for a family reunion. We had mixed reviews. If you are a family traveling on a budget, it's a GREAT deal but if you are looking for something more, you want to explore other options. In general, it appears as though this hotel needs some remodeling and updating. Free wifi is not offered :( The air conditioning units do very little to cool the space - our room often felt muggy, as though someone had taken a long hot shower. But as with most hotel rooms, we didn't spend a lot of time in the room and because of Colorado's location the nights were bearable. Housekeeping was spotty, our room was clean but my sister's room had a certain odor that was less than desirable, they also found swim trunks on the balcony and beer in the fridge. (Apparently someone had a good time and left in a hurry). The elevators were a bit jumpy and temperamental but they never malfunctioned. The rest of the hotel/room features were definitely a plus, comfortable bed/furniture, quality linens, Crabtree and Evelyn amenities, a microwave, wet bar and a fridge. Also a plus was (and here's where the great deal comes in) free breakfast and manager's reception in the evening. Made to order omelets were served along with pancakes, bacon, sausage, potatoes, eggs, fresh fruit, etc. and a selection of beverages. The reception was just as generous - the bartendress made us Woo Woos. Pretty tasty. We did make use of the pool and hot tub - which was a little small for the size of the hotel. But it did not matter to the kids in our group - they jumped right in. The room rate, pool, breakfast and reception can really make this a choice hotel for those with family, on a budget. Overall, this hotel served our intents and purposes well, but if it's posh, up to date comfort you're looking for keep surfin'.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room on the South side of the hotel, rooms on the North side sit above the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The hotel is self is very nice, but when someone steels somthing out of your room and the staff does not call you back it leaves alot to be desired. If you stay here make sure you do not leave anything out that you don't want to walk away, and don't waste your time waiting by the phone, the staff including the manager will not return your calls as promissed. Very disapointed in thier service.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The entire staff was very nice and smooth. We visited the area June 1- 8, 2012. We had room service many nights, the food was hot, the staff was very pleasant and easy to work with and correct!! The breakfast was fabulous with so many choices!! The managers reception was awesome. We would bring a board game to play while we munched and drank. The floors were well maintain. The pool had big fluffy towels to dry off with and it was a very cleaned area. There is a small game room that entertained my kiddos. The rooms were big. We had the bedroom and the kids had the pull out couch. It was like they had a room and we did too but together. The only bummer thing on the whole property was the laundry room!!! 2 sets of washer/dryer for the whole place!! and the washer leaked!! there was no chairs and a super small space to hang out in. We packed light so i was doing laundry every other day.

Room Tip: The rooms with a mountain view was above the breakfast area which has fountains. When the fountains...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My wife and I were evacuated from our home on June 26, 2012 for theWaldo Canyon fire, which had entered our development. We spent several nights with friends and then moved to the Embassy Suites on Sat June 30, where we stayed until the following Friday. The hotel was absolutesly wonderful. Great staff, great restaurant and bar, great breakfast and clean very comfortable two room suites. We both agreed that it was the best hotel we could have picked in this city to be refugees. We strongly recommend it to all of you.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
I thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts. I am very happy to hear that we were of assistance and comfort in this very difficult time. I am glad to hear that you are now back in your home safe and sound! We hope to see you again.
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel has not been updated since my guess the early 90's. The elevator needs to be updated and they had some air fresherner in the elevator in the fan above and you could hardly breathe . The restaurant was old as well. Someone needs to invest and make this place look like the new Embassy Suites. The traffice noise from the highway is loud and we asked for a fan to drown out the highway noise. The plants are dusty and old as well.

Room Tip: Make sure NOT to get a room facing the highway.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to pass you comments on to me. I was sorry to read that you were disappointed in your stay. As I see that you stayed with us last August, I want to give you an update on a couple of the points you raise. I myself arrived at the hotel late last year and noticed the air fresheners in the elevators and dusty plants. I am happy to say that the air fresheners were removed immediately and the plants cleaned shortly there after. With regard to the traffic noise, well, we're still working on that - I will note that more than half of our suites do not face the highway. The hotel was renovated in 2006 including all suites and we are working to make further improvements every day. Again, I truely appreciate your time in passing along your comments regarding your stay at our hotel and again offer my sincere apologies. It is my hope that if your travels return you to Colorado Springs you will give us the chance to redeem ourselves.
Colonial Heights, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I am a Hilton Diamond member and this is a deplorable hotel. In fact after I saw my room I refused to stay there. The elevator had some much dirt on the floor I didn’t even want to step into it. I went to my room and the ventilation must have been so old that the room just smelled musty. The bed spread look like it was from 1970 and had a cigarette burn in it. The bed was so old I was afraid to sit on it. To the right side of the bed it looked like someone had punched a hole in the wall and it had a lousy patch job. The lobby was beautiful just like most Embassys, unfortunately you could not sleep in the lobby. When I left the Embassy hotel to move to the Hilton Garden Inn (the one close to the Airport), a gentleman was at the reservation desk complaining about how he had waited three hours to check inn and his room was not ready. The price of a one night stay should be $50.00 because the room looks like a motel instead of a hotel. When you smell musty vents in a hotel it should be torn down and to try to charge $139.00 a night is ridiculous. The staff was very polite and attentive.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your time passing on your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I want to offer my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered. I regularly inspect all of our suites as well as public areas and want to assure you that the condition in which you found an elevator is not typical and has been addressed. With regard to the musty smell and condition of the bedspread and bed in your suite again I apologize. I have to admit that I have not encountered a suite with a musty smell, but will search until I do - this is not an issue that is pervasive at our hotel. Although we are anticipating the replacement of all bedspreads this fall, the condition you describe is unacceptable. That spread will be replaced immediately. Again, I appreciate you letting me know your thoughts and again, I offer my sincerest apologies. It is my hope that you will give us the chance to redeem ourselves in the future.
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We experienced very helpful and responsive service from the front desk staff. We found our room to be comfortable except for the bathroom, which was TINY! The bed was quite comfortable and our room was quiet. I am not sure how thorough our room was cleaned the first day, but the other 3 days it looked fine. The breakfast was okay, especially when we ordered fresh pancakes (blueberry or chocolate chip) or fried/over medium eggs from the made-to-order bar (real, whole eggs as opposed to the liquidy eggs from a huge bag used to make the scrambled eggs and omlettes). More variety from day to day would be great for those staying several days.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to let others know of your stay with us, I appreciate your very kind comments and look forward to seeing you again!